PST Slamma Jamma: Season 3

TheDoc87

The NBA season is a just over a month away, but it's never to early to get sign-ups going and league discussions going. Last year was the 2nd year and I want to again thank everyone who was involved last season. I am opening this up early as we can discuss what stats to use or get rid of, and also to see who is interested.

Last year there were 12 teams, with 6 team teams in each division. Divison winners earned first round byes. 12 was a soid number but this year I am looking at a cap of 10 teams with a max of 12. If we get more than 12 teams, then the talent pool is stretched and rosters suck so doubt we will go past 12 teams.:p

Scoring will be Head to Head and will be based on the following:

• Field Goal Percentage (FG%)
  • Free Throws Made (FTM)
  • 3-point Shots Made (3PTM)
  • Points Scored (PTS)
  • Total Rebounds (REB)
  • Assists (AST)
  • Steals (ST)
  • Blocked Shots (BLK)
  • Turnovers (TO)

Your roster as currently will consist of the following due to our small nature, but we can always adjust it:

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

The NO-CUT list will be removed

Playoffs will be the last three weeks of the regular season. Last year the top 6 teams made the playoffs with the two division winners earning first round byes. Again, this can be adjusted depending on everyone's ideas and league size.

***I do ask that if you do sign up and join the league (link to yahoo will be posted when available) that you please be active. That means set your daily lineup or if you cant make it everyday least set your line up in advance. If you need help let me know and I can set it your team lineup for you or take over if you cant get on for a few days. If you are inactive over a 2-3 week period, then I will try and contact you via email and if I cannot get in contact then I will remove you from your team. I understand we all have lives, but it is not fair to everyone else who is doing their part.***

Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed :)

Sign-Up List:

1. RinRockers-TheDoc87

2. BOOM SHAKALAKA-Slamma

3. It's GuaranSheed-Mcolwander90

4. Misguided_Heat-RallyRacer

5. BronTop/KevinBottom-Coop

6. Germinator's Court-stgermain

7. Hinrich Maneuver-Eticket

8.Tanking like Philly-CrashMedic

9. IGaveUpKwameBrownnnn-Warbear

Edited by Reys
Changed to the new post icon

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can always count you Miss SoCal :hug: :chair:

Well you can have Kobe or you rather have Lin :p

One more spot!!!!!!

No way I'm picking that scrub. :p

I'll try to be as active as I can though. I know I wasn't for the most of the MLB Fantasy (sorry Reys), but at least with Basketball it's only 82 games as opposed to 162.

9. Warbear aka Bleeds Purple and Yellow :D

It should be Gold, not Yellow. Come on now. :p

Edited by Warbear

No way I'm picking that scrub. :p

I'll try to be as active as I can though. I know I wasn't for the most of the MLB Fantasy (sorry Reys), but at least with Basketball it's only 82 games as opposed to 162.

It should be Gold, not Yellow. Come on now. :p

82 is a bit easier and you can set a weekly line up and be ok.

Ahh you caught that :rofl: I was wondering if you would :p

I'm "It's GuaranSheed"

Kind of tough to come up with good Pistons related one, so I turned back the clock :p If only Sheed can predict good things for my team :(

How about "The Ball Don't Lie", just as sheed would say. Or "We talking bout practice?" after that Iverson trade for Billups. :/