Soccermanager.com Online Football Management Game - Signup Thread

Hi everyone, after some discussion in the football thread to gauge demand I have setup a PS3Trophies Championship on the popular online football management game soccermanager.com.

The game is free to play and will only be available to members of these boards. Everyone is welcome to join in and the more players we have the more fun it should be.

The basic aim of the game is to buy and sell players for your team and choose the right tactics to lead your team to glory. Player abilities are based on a 60-100 rating system that is updated relative to the players real world performance so as they get better in real life they get better in our game. This is particularly cool if you think you are a better scout of talent than the pros. :D

It isn't very time consuming, you only have to login every 14 days to keep your team active, the game will use your default tactic for any games you miss.

Our game will be based on the English leagues with an almost identical format except there are 5 leagues of 20 teams rather than 4 leagues of varying sizes. A full list of teams and their starting league can be seen at the bottom of this post. It's the usual 3 points for a win league season with the bottom 3 of each league relegated at the end and the top two promoted from below with a playoff winner taking the 3rd spot.

To take part you will need to signup to a free account on soccermanager.com. It will automatically ask you to pick a team, just choose any as you will be quitting this club and joining our 'Trophygeddon Championship' with hopefully the club of your choice. Once you have done that if you could post in here an 'A' and 'B' choice of club from the list below I will invite you to join the league as the manager of that club. Everyone will get their 'A' choice unless it is already taken which is where the 'B' comes in. The list below will be updated with the members username when picked to speed up the selection process. Team allocation will be on a first come first served basis without exception. Once you have chosen your team I will PM you to get your soccermanager username to friend you in soccermanager and invite you to take over the correct club. Once we have a decent number of signups I will launch the league and we can get cracking. Any latecomers can still take part as you can jump in at any time.

Any questions please feel free to message me or post below. Here are the teams available for selection:-

Team Ownership/Availability

Div 1

1.Arsenal - GameExpert (Milos Marceta)

2.Aston Villa - Tomstlh (Tom Stlh)

3.Bolton Wanderers - NintendoDSPlayer (Nin Hughes)

4.Carlisle United - felly777 (Adam Fell)

5.Chelsea - JMeeks (John Meechan)

6.Derby County - AshtimusPrime (Ashley Slater)

7.Everton

8.Hull City

9.Leeds United - Raichu (Michael Aird)

10.Liverpool - Bic80 (Jamie Royles)

11.Manchester City

12.Manchester United - Weasel Dude (Weasel Dude)

13.Milton Keynes Dons - Kahuna (Kahuna Smith)

14.Newcastle United - Shaun-Bhoy-95 (Shaun Purves)

15.Southampton - RomanClaret (John Lex)

16.Stevenage - Gunpowderplot (Martyn Cook)

17.Sunderland - emme (Thomas Emme)

18.Tottenham Hotspur - Darth_Krid (Biccles' Wife)

19.West Bromwich Albion - Xander45 (Alex Hemming)

20.Wolverhampton Wanderers - Platt (Platt McPlatterson)

Div 2

1.Birmingham City

2.Burnley

3.Brentford - JGillies (Joseph Gillies)

4.Cardiff City

5.Charlton Athletic

6.Fulham

7.Huddersfield Town

8.Leicester City

9.Middlesbrough

10.Millwall

11Norwich City

12.Nottingham Forest

13.Queens Park Rangers

14.Reading

15.Sheffield Wednesday

16.Stoke City

17.Swansea City

18.Watford

19.West Ham United

20.Wigan Athletic

Div 3

1.AFC Bournemouth

2.AFC Wimbledon - paulcooper (Paul Cooper)

3.Blackburn Rovers

4.Blackpool

5.Bristol City

6.Brighton and Hove Albion

7.Colchester United

8.Coventry City

9.Crystal Palace

10.Doncaster Rovers

11.Ipswich Town

12.Leyton Orient

13.Oldham Athletic

14.Peterborough United

15.Portsmouth

16.Preston North End

17.Rotherham United

18.Scunthorpe United

19.Sheffield United

20.Yeovil Town

Div 4

1.Barnsley

2.Bradford City

3.Bury

4.Chesterfield

5.Crawley Town

6.Crewe Alexandra

7.Dagenham & Redbridge

8.Fleetwood Town

9.Gillingham

10.Hartlepool United

11.Luton Town

12.Northampton Town

13.Notts County

14.Port Vale

15.Rochdale

16.Shrewsbury Town

17.Swindon Town

18.Tranmere Rovers

19.Walsall

20.Wycombe Wanderers

Div 5

1.Accrington Stanley

2.Bristol Rovers

3.Burton Albion

4.Cambridge United

5.Cheltenham Town

6.Chester FC

7.Exeter City

8.Grimsby Town

9.Kidderminster Harriers

10.Lincoln City

11.Macclesfield Town

12.Mansfield Town

13.Morecambe

14.Newport County

15.Oxford United

16.Plymouth Argyle

17.Southend United

18.Torquay United

19.Wrexham

20.York City

----------

Season 5 Winners and Losers

Div1

Winners: Darth Krid (Tottenham)

Runner Up: Weasel Dude (Manchester United)

Relegated: JGillies (Brentford)

Trophygeddon Championship Cup

Winner: Kahuna (Milton Keynes Dons)

Trophygeddon Championship Shield

Winner: Tomstlh (Aston Villa)

Div2

Winners: Gunpowderplot (Stevenage)

Runner Up: Platt McPlatterson (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Playoffs: Kahuna (Milton Keynes Dons)

Div4

Winner: paulcooper (AFC Wimbledon)

Season 4 Winners and Losers

Div1

Winners: Bic80 (Liverpool)

Runner Up: Emme (Sunderland)

Winner: Bic80 (Liverpool)

Winner: N/A

Div2

Winners: felly777 (Carlisle United)

Runner Up: Raichu (Leeds United)

Playoffs: AshtimusPrime (Derby County)

Div3

Winners: Platt McPlatterson (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Div5

Runner Up: paulcooper (AFC Wimbledon)

Season 3 Winners and Losers

Div1

Winners: GameExpert (Arsenal)

Runner Up: Darth_Krid (Tottenham)

Relegated: Combatting (Fulham)

Winner: GameExpert (Arsenal)

Winner: NintendoDSPlayer (Bolton Wanderers)

Div2

Winners: NintendoDSPlayer (Bolton Wanderers)

Runner Up: JGillies (Brentford)

Playoffs: WeasleDude (Southampton)

Div3

Winners: Kahuna (MK Dons)

Runner Up: Xx_Progenitor_xX (AFC Bournemouth)

Playoffs: Raichu (Leeds United)

Season 2 Winners and Losers

Div1

Winners: Raichu (Tottenham)

Runner Up: emme (Sunderland)

Winner: ARandomWelshGuy (Cardiff)

Winner: Tomstlh (Aston Villa)

Div2

Winners: staytrue1985 (Blackburn)

Runner Up: Ion Storm (Everton)

Playoffs: Buttercup (Huddersfield Town)

Relegated: WillTheBassist (Stoke)

Div3

Winners: Gunpowderplot (Stevenage)

Runner Up: JGillies (Brentford)

Playoffs: felly777 (Carlisle United)

Season 1 Winners and Losers

Div1

Winners: JMeeks (Chelsea)

Runner Up: Rawra (Aston Villa)

Relegated: IonStorm (Everton), WillTheBassist (Stoke), C-Irvine-94 (Southampton)

Winner: Snaddef (Barnsley)

Runner Up: christhedog (Reading)

Winner: staytrue1985 (Blackburn)

Runner Up: Rawra (Aston Villa)

Div2

Winners: TheManUtdFan (Nottingham Forest)

Runner Up: Darth_Krid (Birmingham City)

Playoffs: christhedog (Reading)

Relegated: Xx_Progenitor_xX (AFC Bournemouth)

Div4

Winners: Kahuna (Milton Keynes Dons)

Playoffs: Gunpowderplot (Stevenage)

Edited by gunpowderplot

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darth_Krid

• Kahuna

• tomstlh

• GameExpert

I intend to sign up as Reading, but just wondering how this is gunna work mate? We all going into the same league? How's it going to work for teams like me, who would obviously have to trade a fair bit more just to attempt to get up to the level of Everton etc?

Depends on how many you could get to sign up, but would be cool to do our own league system if we get enough teams, with promotion/relegation, as that'd make it more competitive for us lot who are crap :p.

I intend to sign up as Reading, but just wondering how this is gunna work mate? We all going into the same league? How's it going to work for teams like me, who would obviously have to trade a fair bit more just to attempt to get up to the level of Everton etc?

Depends on how many you could get to sign up, but would be cool to do our own league system if we get enough teams, with promotion/relegation, as that'd make it more competitive for us lot who are crap :p.

Luckily for you Loftus is in the same league as you (see end of the first post for league standings) and we do have some other members supporting non-Premier League sides. I may take a side lower down as well, as yet I'm undecided and I was going to wait for others to choose before taking over a club.

The problem of doing just a custom league with all our teams in the same division is that it locks out people joining in the future as we can't just randomly add teams halfway through a season. The game makes it quite easy to pick up players as long as you have the funds so I would expect after a season to have any lower league players promoted.

Luckily for you Loftus is in the same league as you (see end of the first post for league standings) and we do have some other members supporting non-Premier League sides.

hey hey hey who says i'm going to pick qpr!? everyone knows my first choice would be che-

I'd like to join. I'd like to choose Chelsea if nobody minds :p

qpr it is then ;)

I'll give this a look tomorrow when I have more time, then I'll decide if I am in or not, so keep Blackburn reserved for me.

i like the way you've moved from a firm no to a maybe :D

gunpowder, if teams don't get picked are they simply controlled by A.I.? i have a feeling if kahuna signs up he'll be playing in 'a league of his own' :whistle:

gunpowder, if teams don't get picked are they simply controlled by A.I.? i have a feeling if kahuna signs up he'll be playing in 'a league of his own' :whistle:

Yes mate the computer manages the team with whomever is the current manager of that club in real life. It keeps the game running regardless of who comes and goes human player wise.

Yeah MK Dons are the lowest team of anyone I know form the forums. He is welcome to manage anyone he wants that is free, I will probably not end up with Tottenham so I'll need to find a club somewhere.

Ok im confused as hell, ive signed up for a random liverpool team, but no your saying i have to quit that?

Dumb it down for us dumbwits please :)

Just quit that club and tell me your soccermanager username so I can offer you the club you are choosing which I am guessing is Liverpool?

Part of the signup process is choosing a team which I think is quite bad design, I'm not surprised it confused you.

Edited by gunpowderplot

Just quit that club and tell me your soccermanager username so I can offer you the club you are choosing which I am guessing is Liverpool?

Part of the signup process is choosing a team which I think is quite bad design, I'm not surprised it confused you.

I registerd using my Facebook account for quickness, If its that your wanting its jroyles1. Exactly how can i quit a club is it a drop down or?

Edited by Bic80

I registerd using my Facebook account for quickness, If its that your wanting its Jamie Royles. Exactly how can i quit a club is it a drop down or?

Click on the settings 'cog' icon in the top right of the page and choose home. It should list the club in a box on the right of the screen and there should be a 'Quit Club' link in it.