Football Prediction League 2011-2012

Hello and welcome to the unofficial PS3T Football Prediction League. This is going to be your standard prediction competition, mostly consisting of matches from the English Premier League, but I may throw in weekday Champions League fixtures, or big one off matches like the El Classico or Old Firm Derby.

So here's how it'll work: Firstly I'll post a list of upcoming matches in one of the reserved posts below, at least a week before they're to be played to give you proper notice. You can assume that all weekend Premier League fixture lists will be included, but be sure to check in regularly enough if you don't want to miss any other games like the ones mentioned above. Next, you guys will post your predictions, you get one point for guessing a correct result, and 3 points for a correct score. Your score will be added up and kept on a leaderboard over the course of the season and the person with the most points in the end will win a 2 week trip to Las Vegas, complete with 5 star accomodation and $20,000 spending money!!... (Or an unofficial site award, whichever I'm in the mood to give on the day)

Simple as that.

Just a few important pieces of advice/tyrannical rules for anyone who's gonna sign up:

1. Try not to edit your posts. For obvious reasons.

2. Just to make things easier for me, try to write any posts where you're making predictions in red, like so, this is just to make sure I don't miss anything. If you forget to do this, don't worry.

3. Another thing that'd make things easier is if you guys would copy/paste the fixture list that I post when you're making your predictions, just to keep it in the right order.

Edited by McGarnigle

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaderboard

(P)1. Woody (303) +7, +0

(G)2. McGarnigle (302) +12, +0

(S)3. MUFC-17 (301) +10, +5

(B)4. christhedog3 (296) +10, +0

(B)4. Rawra (296) +6, +5

(H)6. Shaun-Bhoy-95 (293) +8, +0

7. mattigummi (289) +11, +0

7. FootballPsycho (289) +7, +5

9. dlm1988 (288) +7, +0

10. SAAD80GB (287) +7, +0

11. Bic80 (281) +9, +0

12. jvella7 (268) +10, +0

13. JMeeks1875 (262) +0, +5

14. IngoBlaze (261) +7, +5

15. Laimmymc (254) +10, +15

16. Gashead-64 (253) +5, +0

17. dazg (233) ) +0, +5

18. OLIVERMC97 (209) +0, +0

19. KAZUYAH997 (161) +0, +0

20. smartbomb (145) +0, +0

21. wbafcCraig (100) +0, +5

Correct Score Leaderboard

(P)1. Shaun - 42 +2

(P)1. MUFC - 42 +6

(P)1. McGarnigle - 42 +5

(G)4. Woody - 41 +4

(G)4. Mattigummi - 41 +4

(S)6. Dlm1988 - 39 +2

(S)6.SAAD80GB - 39 +5

(B)8. Football pyscho - 37 +4

(H)9. Christhedog3 - 35 +3

10. Gashead - 34 +2

11. Bic - 33 +1

11. Ingoblaze - 33 +4

11. Dazg - 33 +4

14. Rawra - 32 +2

14. Jvella - 32 +4

14. Jmeeks - 32 +7

17. Laimmymac - 25 +2

17. KAZUYAH997 - 25 +0

19. Oliver -18 +0

Registration is now closed :locked:

Always double check your results :)

Edited by McGarnigle

Ditto / :p

Sounds like it could be a laugh. I'm in.

That's right Woody it's official your actually back in the EPL :D

@Mcgarnigle:

Typing in red is good idea for post skimming but i'd also suggest everyone when making there predictions copy/paste the fixture layout that Mcgarnigle posts so everyone is listing the games in the same order etc, just to save time or confusion?

Secondly just as an insight when the unoffical table is made, everyone who is added should also post there team, that way we can also see who supports who? and if they dare bet against there own team ;)

Edited by Bic80

Typing in red is good idea for post skimming but i'd also suggest everyone when making there predictions copy/paste the fixture layout that Mcgarnigle posts so everyone is listing the games in the same order etc, just to save time or confusion?

Secondly just as an insight when the unoffical table is made, everyone who is added should also post there team, that way we can also see who supports who? and if they dare bet against there own team ;)

Couple of great suggestions actually, I'll add them to the OP.

I'm in :D but you knew that. Two questions..... why is there reserved beside my name? Or is that because I signed up in the other thread?

And secondly, I'll be away for the first two weeks of the season, can I make my predictions before I go?

Yes you were reserved as you showed interest in the last thread regarding it

I'm in :D but you knew that. Two questions..... why is there reserved beside my name? Or is that because I signed up in the other thread?

And secondly, I'll be away for the first two weeks of the season, can I make my predictions before I go?

Yes and yes. I'll post the first round of fixtures in a weeks time or so, the second will be posted after the first round of matches but post away after the first week's list is up.

Yes and yes. I'll post the first round of fixtures in a weeks time or so, the second will be posted after the first round of matches but post away after the first week's list is up.

Can you put them next Friday? I'm away Sunday 31st to the Dublin Super Cup then on holiday from the 1st August. If you put them up next Friday I can do them on Saturday :)

Sign me up for this :)

I presume I can do a few weekends at a time? I am very busy in the coming months

Also do you think another thread to submit the scores would be a good idea?

A seperate thread for the scores fixture list would probably be best. That way you wont be clutterd up with sign-ups

Can you put them next Friday? I'm away Sunday 31st to the Dublin Super Cup then on holiday from the 1st August. If you put them up next Friday I can do them on Saturday :)

Yeah they'll be up before then man :)

Sign me up for this :)

I presume I can do a few weekends at a time? I am very busy in the coming months

Also do you think another thread to submit the scores would be a good idea?

If you're especially busy, then you can :) but for the sake of keeping everything as simple as possible, and keeping my workload down, predicting matches a few weeks in advance won't be the norm for everyone.

As for making a new thread, I don't know if that'll be necessary, as I say in the OP you can only sign up before the start of the new season, so the only thing going in here after that will be predictions. Just before Christmas though I have exams and I'll be extremely busy, so maybe then someone else might make another temporary thread for 2 or 3 weeks to keep up with everything. I guess I'll see as I go along.