PS4 Sales now stand over 20 Million

dz06lt

:applause::applause::applause:

PS4 Sales Reach 20.2 Million Units - GameSpot

Sony on Wednesday announced a new sales milestone for the PlayStation 4. As of March 1, Sony had sold through (i.e. not just shipped) more than 20.2 million consoles. The PS4 continues to show the "fastest and strongest" growth in the history of all PlayStation hardware, Sony said.

This is up from 18.5 million PS4s sold at the beginning of January 2015.

"We are so grateful for the enormous support from PlayStation fans worldwide, and we are truly humbled that gamers around the globe have continued to select PS4 as the best place to play," PlayStation executive Andrew House said in a statement. "We remain steadfast in our commitment to deliver unique and interactive entertainment experiences powered by the network and the PS4 system's deep social capabilities."

By comparison, Microsoft's Xbox One had shipped 10 million units by the end of 2014. The company has not announced a new sales milestone so far this year

Good to hear. The better the console does, the more great games we'll see on it. Now if only people would buy so many Vitas... :think:

Impressive to say the least. It's a shame that people don't feel the same way for the Vita.

I still think Sony should have bundled the Vita with the PS4. Then maybe they would actually support the damn thing.

Good to hear. The better the console does, the more great games we'll see on it. Now if only people would buy so many Vitas... :think:

Impressive to say the least. It's a shame that people don't feel the same way for the Vita.

Vita is shit, and shouldn't even exist. People need to stop acting like its so great. Sony doesn't even care about it other than now it is a useless peripheral for the PS4

...why

There's no fucking games yet. Why do people keep buying this thing. Drive Club and The Order aren't worth it, wait for some games and a price drop :francis: If you want third party games get a PC, it's not that much more expensive and it'll run way better. And it's easier than you think, don't be intimidated.

Now if only people would buy so many Vitas... :think:

That ship has sailed. Sony fucked that up day one and there's no unfucking it at this point.

Should have used micro SD cards. Instead of $250 for the system and then another $100 for a 32GB card, it would have been $250 for the system and $20 for a 32GB card, or nothing if you already have a Micro SD card which many people do. That would have been enough to get people to buy. Instead, they saw the price of the required memory card and decided that the price was too damn high. I know I didn't even buy a Vita until they had a bundle with a memory card already included so I didn't have to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to be able to use the thing I spend $250 on.

Proprietary memory was fucking stupid then, is still fucking stupid today, and will always be fucking stupid in the future.

Okay, they probably could unfuck it with a Vita 3000 that took micro SD Cards and released it with a new wave of exclusive AAA titles, but they won't. They're content with their indie port, remote play device. Today I used my Vita for 5 minutes to get the Kung Foot trophy in Rayman Legends. Definitely getting my $250 worth by using this thing as a controller once a year. :|

Edited by mjc0961

...why

There's no fucking games yet. Why do people keep buying this thing. Drive Club and The Order aren't worth it, wait for some games and a price drop :francis: If you want third party games get a PC, it's not that much more expensive and it'll run way better. And it's easier than you think, don't be intimidated.

:|

Quit being a drama queen, there are plenty of fucking games period. People don't give a a shit about PC because the second you buy it its obsolete There is no reason to go PC when games looks this damn good on a MUCH cheaper console.

Vita is shit, and shouldn't even exist. People need to stop acting like its so great. Sony doesn't even care about it other than now it is a useless peripheral for the PS4

The system itself is amazing. It doesn't get adopted here in the west for several reasons, but as a handheld console it's pretty much perfect (opinions).

I think this is the reason why many of us wish more success for the Vita because the system definitely deserved it imo.

As for "the PS4 has no games" talk: I feel very similar right now (not using the PS4 at all currently) but much like the Vita, it's a great console and people are buying it because of that (and thanks to Sonys marketing of course).

The system itself is amazing. It doesn't get adopted here in the west for several reasons, but as a handheld console it's pretty much perfect (opinions).

I think this is the reason why many of us wish more success for the Vita because the system definitely deserved it imo.

As for "the PS4 has no games" talk: I feel very similar right now (not using the PS4 at all currently) but much like the Vita, it's a great console and people are buying it because of that (and thanks to Sonys marketing of course).

The Vita does have the games though, Sony's Youtube Channel shows upcoming Vita games on a daily basis. Just because It's Japanese style games released over there doesn't mean It has "no games" In fact I know a lot of people and I see a lot of people on this site who Import them and they have a monstrous Vita library I only wish I had, I just hate subs and hate reading because It takes me out of the experience of playing the game and looking at the game when I have to pay attention to reading all the fucking time, I don't watch Anime in subs and I sure as fuck don't play games with subs. As for the PS4 argument, that shit is the same too, but I've played mine every day since launch and I just bought 4 new games for it off Amazon. The people who have one just say the same thing because It has no games they Interested in so they go with the "PS4 has no gamez" bs argument.

Congrats to the PS4, may the success continue throughout the gen. The Vita on the other hand, no diversity equals no sales and the Vita lacks a strong diversity. Also I remember certain game companies are selling the Vita TV with the PS4 so that's good news.

The console had it's time and now they should drop it and wait for the ninth gen to drop a new one. I do hope Microsoft will do the same.

I'm not a shareholder, so this kind of news doesn't get me hanging up balloons in the living room and popping champagne for a celebration. I don't frequent sports forums, but do people go ape when their favorite players get huge contracts the same way they do over console sales?

"Yo, man, they're payin' so-and-so thirty million for the next two years! I knew I was smart to be a fan of this team! HELL YEAH BRO!!!"

:drunk:

Congrats to the PS4...

It's plastic mate, it doesn't understand gratitude.

The PS4 has no games? What the fuck have I've been playing for the last 16 months?

This actually made me chuckle. It was the perfect response from someone actually enjoying their console. :)

Edited by WalterWhite

Congratulations, Sony! You sure make a lot of questionable decisions from time to time but damn, do you have amazing exclusives on your PlayStation 1, 2, 3 and 4 consoles.

The PS4 has no games? What the fuck have I've been playing for the last 16 months?

More like the X-bone and Wii U have no games, amiright? :p No, but seriously people can play whatever console they want. I just have a preference for the PS3 and PS4.

I'm not a shareholder, so this kind of news doesn't get me hanging up balloons in the living room and popping champagne for a celebration. I don't frequent sports forums, but do people go ape when their favorite players get huge contracts the same way they do over console sales?

"Yo, man, they're payin' so-and-so thirty million for the next two years! I knew I was smart to be a fan of this team! HELL YEAH BRO!!!"

Lol, that's a pretty bad comparison. I take it you're not into sports? :p When the most favorite/best players at club sign a new contract, the fans of said club will most likely rejoice, yes. Not because the player is getting more money, but because he's committing himself to the club for a longer time. And fans want their favorite players to be at their club for as long as possible, usually.

I think a better comparison would be when the sports club you support signs a new sponsor deal. Fans' response would probably be like: "That's great, good for the club, more money for the club in the future." But really, it won't change anything for the fan, he's not going to celebrate. No one will go ape about the deal.