PS4 Stand?

z14sniperz

Hey guys I'm getting the Destiny Glacier White PS4 and I was wondering,

"Should I get the White stand when it comes out?"

Is there any reason to have the stand? can I just stand my ps4 on it's end without the stand?

sorry for the dumb questions, I'm a noob when it comes to ps4 :|

I don't have a PS4, but if it's anything like the PS3 then the system will stand up on its own without one, but it'll be a bit wobbly and has a lot of potential to topple over. If you want it to stand vertically, then It's highly recommended.

Standing it vertically is a nice space saver, and I think it keeps it cooler as well.

Edited by TheViper4Life

Thanks for the input guys! :thumbsup:

I'm going to put in on my dresser so there's not alot of room.....

well there goes another $30.00 haha :rofl:

It is a $30 well spent. Barely takes any space but the PS4 is nice and solid standing. My fat PS3 stands up obviously, but IMO the PS4 NEEDS a stand if you are to stand it up.

EDIT: Not sure where you're getting it, but I thought $30 was a little steep. I got mine for $20. Just checked Best Buy and they are $20.

Edited by MilkBone

I don't think I would trust the PS4 without stand, PS3 slim and FAT were no problem the PS4 is just not as sturdy

Agreed. I wouldn't trust the PS4 a minute without a stand. The slim PS3, sure. I'll just say this, for those thinking of saving a few bucks you'll be spending a lot more for a broken PS4 when it falls.

I would recommend the stand if you are going to be laying up sideways permanently.

Yeah, me too for the following reasons:

- If you're using the PS4 vertically without a stand, you're blocking the vents which the fan uses to suck in the fresh air. Depends on the build quality of your PS4, but it's definitely "not healthy" imo.

- The official stand has several slits, which even help compressing the fresh air a little bit and improve the cooling somewhat.

- It looks cool :p

Edited by Legion2000

It does look pretty good, have been thinking about getting one but I have kids now that want to touch everything and out anything that will fit in their mouths so not sure if it would be a good idea or not in my case. Kids or not if I was going to stand it up I would use a stand no matter what.

It does look pretty good, have been thinking about getting one but I have kids now that want to touch everything and out anything that will fit in their mouths so not sure if it would be a good idea or not in my case. Kids or not if I was going to stand it up I would use a stand no matter what.

Honestly, I don't think that the PS4 stand improves the stability THAT much.The base is just slightly bigger, but I still had the feeling that the PS4 isn't "stable", just slightly better. That said, if you really want to use the PS4 vertically, a stand is a good decision but it won't prevent your PS4 from falling over if your kids give it a slight push.

I've got the black one and will buy the white one. Whether it helps with cooling while the PS4 is vertical, I have no idea. I've bought it for aesthetic reasons.

But if the PS4 receives a knock, the stand will exasperate the angle needed to tip the PS4 over fully. Imagine a bowling pin with a stand.

If you have a cat etc, and you must have the PS4 vertical, the stand will help.

Just to let you guys know, I called my local Gamestop and asked him when the White PS4 Stand is coming out. He said in Gamestop's database the white PS4 stand isn't even in there system so there's reason to believe that it's coming this year.

I personally think he's full of crap, I mean why have the stand at E3 with the system and no release date for it? :think:

Just to let you guys know, I called my local Gamestop and asked him when the White PS4 Stand is coming out. He said in Gamestop's database the white PS4 stand isn't even in there system so there's reason to believe that it's coming this year.

I personally think he's full of crap, I mean why have the stand at E3 with the system and no release date for it? :think:

It's releasing on the same date as the Destiny bundle here: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/games/accessory/ps4-vertical-stand-glacier-white/613332/ :think:. He might be right though, the US does have a record of having odd release dates for various things. I'm sure some people will throw a few of them online for sale so you should still be able to get your hands on one pretty quickly :).

It's releasing on the same date as the Destiny bundle here: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/games/accessory/ps4-vertical-stand-glacier-white/613332/ :think:. He might be right though, the US does have a record of having odd release dates for various things. I'm sure some people will throw a few of them online for sale so you should still be able to get your hands on one pretty quickly :).

Thanks for the info! I'm sure I'll find one pretty quickly haha. :dance: