XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >

Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Dr Popodopolus

Default Playstation 4 vs Xbox One. The facts.

Xbox One will surprise the world during E3, We will kill Sony at E3. claimed Microsoft's Global Marketing Director, Craig Davidson.

Well, now it's over, let's have a look at the aftermath.

Xbox One Pros: New and improved controller. Decent voice recognition.

Xbox One Cons: 24-hour internet checks, zero backwards compatibility for both downloaded & physical games (with no streaming service), restricted game sharing and used game policy, forced Kinect purchase with free privacy invasion, all games are licensed with no physical ownership, old headsets are not compatible, ugly VCR-style design, mandatory horizontal console stand, inferior hardware, region-locked consoles and blu-rays, non-removable or upgradeable 500GB hard drive.
Cost: 429 / $499 / 499

Playstation 4 Pros: New and improved controller with innovative touchpad and "Share" button, no mandatory internet checks or connections, streaming service for selected PS3 titles, unrestricted game sharing & used game policy with 100% game ownership, no forced Move purchase, PS3 bluetooth headset compatibility, sleek and slim design, vertical & horizontal console stand, superior hardware, region-free consoles & blu-rays, removable and upgradeable 500GB hard drive.
Cost: 349 / $399 / 399

Playstation 4 Cons: None

Final scores:

Xbox: 1
Playstation: 4

All factual. No bias. Make up your own minds.

Discuss.

First - Medal of Honor 16/03/2011
Second - LittleBigPlanet 18/03/2011

Works in progress - Killzone 2: 92%, LittleBigPlanet 2: 88%
Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
GunBallad
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

PS4 Cons: Fee now included for online play, mystery controller that we are yet to see in action.
GunBallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
Terminator
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Not to mention on the PS4 you can turn off all the Social Networking stuff if you wish, where as on the Xbox One it's all forced with minimal options for disabling them (even when the Kinect is off it's still on standby waiting for the command to turn back on again).
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
Ramez05

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   1,000 Posts   THL Season 4 Champions - West Coast Gets the Most   Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   THL Season 3 MVP
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

in all honesty microsoft had better exclusives. only new exclusive i saw was The Order 1886.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
Bamf333

Ps4 is p2p online which kinda sucks
Old 06-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
Kahuna

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

you have to pay for online gaming mp & online coop for ps4
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
GunBallad
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramez05 View Post
in all honesty microsoft had better exclusives. only new exclusive i saw was The Order 1886.
Better launch exclusives, better exclusives? Hell no, we still have a ton of exclusives on PS3 that are better than anything MS showed so do you honestly think because they had a couple lined up to show that now they are the console with the better exclusives?
GunBallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #8
Stalemate666

You missed some cons.

Namely ps4s lack of full BC and having to charge for online, actually you forgot charge for online for MS too.

Quote:
Um we don't even know if half those games MS showed are exclusives most of them are made by third parties and MS likes to pulled timed exclusive BS at the start of a gen. MS has a far weaker first party and I don't think they have enough money to buy enough exclusives on their console I mean publishers are going to want pretty much everything they expect to make if it was multiplat upfront from MS because of Xbox ones horrible sales to be.

Last edited by Stalemate666; 06-11-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Stalemate666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #9
Ramez05

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   1,000 Posts   THL Season 4 Champions - West Coast Gets the Most   Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   THL Season 3 MVP
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBallad View Post
Better launch exclusives, better exclusives? Hell no, we still have a ton of exclusives on PS3 that are better than anything MS showed so do you honestly think because they had a couple lined up to show that now they are the console with the better exclusives?
im also talking about ps4 exclusively. yes we have last of us & beyond two souls but as far as ps4 goes only noteworthy exclusives for me were killzone and infamous. from what they showed at their conference they showed more new exclusives and more new ips that interested me. if finaly fantasy xv and kingdom hearts 3 were exclusive it might be a different story but microsoft showed off a lot of cool looking games that im a little jealous of.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
DerbyStar

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
im also talking about ps4 exclusively. yes we have last of us & beyond two souls but as far as ps4 goes only noteworthy exclusives for me were killzone and infamous. from what they showed at their conference they showed more new exclusives and more new ips that interested me. if finaly fantasy xv and kingdom hearts 3 were exclusive it might be a different story but microsoft showed off a lot of cool looking games that im a little jealous of.
I totally agree with ramez. I still don't get why GT6, beyond two souls and the last of us wasn't pushed onto next gen console PS4. I think MS has better exclusives so far.

DerbyStar is offline   Reply With Quote