Do you think PS4 will be better to buy now than later?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Later when more games have come out.

Yeah, normally that's how I usually do it.

But back then when PS3 was out it was way too expensive. When it finally became a decent price I finally got one but I was quite disappointed that the PS3 never went back to being like the superior older versions minus the limited HDD capacity, which can be bypassed by just adding a bigger HDD, but the prices for these things have just become outrageous. :/

So what's the benefit this time in buying a PS4 at launch? Anticipation of a backward compatible or easily jailbreakable early system?

I'll buy it within it's first year of being released most likely, not so early that I'm pioneering all the problems of the new system but not so late that I have to catch up on all the good early games I might miss. Plus there will most likely be a price reduction which never hurts;).

So what's the benefit this time in buying a PS4 at launch? Anticipation of a backward compatible or easily jailbreakable early system?

I'll buy it within it's first year of being released most likely, not so early that I'm pioneering all the problems of the new system but not so late that I have to catch up on all the good early games I might miss. Plus there will most likely be a price reduction which never hurts;).

My fear is Sony limiting certain features like the old PS3 had loads more things than the standard slim had or even post revisions of the fat PS3. 4 USB ports instead of 2, a multi-card reader, and of course the B/C.

Even though that's only 3 things, and may not be "loads" to some, it was definitely quite a bit to me, especially when they never re-released a console with these features with a premium price set later, for cost purposes or w/e.

In addition I guess I should have added buying a PS4 within a year or so. Which makes sense what you said above. :)

With the way the PS3 went, I am most likely going to get the system on launch or at Christmas this year or possibly sometime after from whatever money I get.

What do you guys think?

I think you're better off waiting for a while. Don't think the release version of the PS4 will differ much from later versions as the case was with the PS3. So the hardware will most probably stay the same. (As for USB ports/disc drive/HDMI ports etc). Just my opinion.

They will more than likely bring a better version out later down the line, such as better hard drive etc..., but I will still get the first gen, of the next gen.

You can guaranty they will bring out better versions, its a marketing ploy used to make more money, so you know its gonna happen at some point. :think:

So waiting may be more sensible in the long run, but can you honestly wait that long not playing PS4?

I suppose the initial games that come out have a big part in my decision to wait or not, if nothing looks that amazing then I will probably hold off a little while.

Edited by aka dave

They will more than likely bring a better version out later down the line, such as better hard drive etc..., but I will still get the first gen, of the next gen.

You can guaranty they will bring out better versions, its a marketing ploy used to make more money, so you know its gonna happen at some point. :think:

The thing with the PS3 was that the release version had better hardware in some areas than the later PS3's. Albeit being phat and had small HDD. It had 4 USB ports, a flash card reader, different OS and backwards compability, but this got reduced to 2 USB ports and none of the rest.

My point was that I don't think the release version of the PS4 will have any better specs than later released version, more like the opposite.

Me too. A friend of mine has like 13 RPG's that he want's to finish before PS4 comes out along with about 20 games on top of it that he needs to finish or clean up the trophies on. :p

Well damn, your friends in deep. I'm just stuck with boring games I lost interest in and repetitive trophies to get my 100%. Though I don't see the rush in buying one anyway, not like new account names will be available lol

We will get 2 when they come out, just because it would drive us nuts not to have one (or 2). We won't be playing a ton until more games come out. We will probably only get 2 or 3 games to start. Obviously not enough to keep you busy very long if you finish a game then stop playing it like we do.

I see a lot of people that want to preorder the system, but just like anything new especially electronics, I would wait. So with PS4, I will be waiting until second or third wave, even as much as I want the console. I will be waiting. I would love to get one before Christmas, there are at least 4 games I want only two that may be launch. My most anticipated games are Watch Dogs and Diablo 3, plus Destiny sound amazing! But I will wait for at least second wave. It may be after Christmas before I get one like during tax refund time! LOL!

I plan to wait, but... Battlefield 4 ruined my plan. :p

It's usually better to wait until 1st or 2nd year of a console, to see more games. I did this with my PS2 and my PS3.

In my current case however, i plan to wait for a year for PS4. But with all the news and reveal of Battlefield 4 in PS4, i don't think i can't wait any more for PS4.