XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >

Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
stonercrazyclips222

Send a message via Skype™ to stonercrazyclips222
Default Do you think PS4 will be better to buy now than later?

With the way the PS3 went, I am most likely going to get the system on launch or at Christmas this year or possibly sometime after from whatever money I get.

What do you guys think?
stonercrazyclips222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Johnny Bananas

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase MLB 14: Home Run Derby Champion   Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

Later when more games have come out.

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
stonercrazyclips222

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmowen View Post
Later when more games have come out.
Yeah, normally that's how I usually do it.

But back then when PS3 was out it was way too expensive. When it finally became a decent price I finally got one but I was quite disappointed that the PS3 never went back to being like the superior older versions minus the limited HDD capacity, which can be bypassed by just adding a bigger HDD, but the prices for these things have just become outrageous. :/
Old 04-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
chrisheadshot

Send a message via MSN to chrisheadshot Send a message via Skype™ to chrisheadshot

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Bronzer Than Nothing   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

So what's the benefit this time in buying a PS4 at launch? Anticipation of a backward compatible or easily jailbreakable early system?
I'll buy it within it's first year of being released most likely, not so early that I'm pioneering all the problems of the new system but not so late that I have to catch up on all the good early games I might miss. Plus there will most likely be a price reduction which never hurts.
chrisheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
stonercrazyclips222

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisheadshot View Post
So what's the benefit this time in buying a PS4 at launch? Anticipation of a backward compatible or easily jailbreakable early system?
I'll buy it within it's first year of being released most likely, not so early that I'm pioneering all the problems of the new system but not so late that I have to catch up on all the good early games I might miss. Plus there will most likely be a price reduction which never hurts.
My fear is Sony limiting certain features like the old PS3 had loads more things than the standard slim had or even post revisions of the fat PS3. 4 USB ports instead of 2, a multi-card reader, and of course the B/C.

Even though that's only 3 things, and may not be "loads" to some, it was definitely quite a bit to me, especially when they never re-released a console with these features with a premium price set later, for cost purposes or w/e.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
stonercrazyclips222

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisheadshot View Post
In addition I guess I should have added buying a PS4 within a year or so. Which makes sense what you said above.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
OoNukaColaoO

Definitely buy it on launch day. Cos the day it comes out, and everyone is playing it and you are seeing it on here, it'll piss you off - until you join in.

I hope the PAL delay isn't too major here.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
Dsdamm

Default Asap

I'm gonna get it as soon as i can!
Dsdamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #9
IonStorm

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Blackout   10,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonercrazyclips222 View Post
With the way the PS3 went, I am most likely going to get the system on launch or at Christmas this year or possibly sometime after from whatever money I get.

What do you guys think?
I think you're better off waiting for a while. Don't think the release version of the PS4 will differ much from later versions as the case was with the PS3. So the hardware will most probably stay the same. (As for USB ports/disc drive/HDMI ports etc). Just my opinion.
IonStorm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
aka dave

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

They will more than likely bring a better version out later down the line, such as better hard drive etc..., but I will still get the first gen, of the next gen.
You can guaranty they will bring out better versions, its a marketing ploy used to make more money, so you know its gonna happen at some point.

So waiting may be more sensible in the long run, but can you honestly wait that long not playing PS4?
I suppose the initial games that come out have a big part in my decision to wait or not, if nothing looks that amazing then I will probably hold off a little while.

Last edited by aka dave; 04-08-2013 at 12:53 PM.
aka dave is offline   Reply With Quote