XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

Old 10-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
olsen77

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Olsen's Bullet Hell   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   15,000 Posts   Guide Supplement Bronze   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Default Bioshock 2 - Rapture Metro Pack Boosting Night - 10/30

Game: Bioshock 2
Date: October 30, 2010
Time: 6:30 PM (GMT)
Max Signup Limit: 6 (plus alternates)
Required DLC: Rapture Metro Pack
Required Peripherals: None
Estimated Time To Complete: 4-6 Hours

Trophies To Be Boosted
  • Aqua Incognita
  • Territorial
Please note: We will ONLY be boosting these two trophies. If you have other trophies like Mother Goose that you wish to do, they will have to wait until EVERY player gets these two trophies done.

Rapture Metro Pack is REQUIRED for this. If you don't have this DLC pack, don't even bother signing up. If you join in and don't have it, you will promptly be kicked from the group after I yell at you and rip you a new one.

Now, for the details that you have to know.
  • The sign-up limit for this game will be 6 players (plus alternates). All spots are on a first come, first serve basis. If you sign up, but can't make it, let us know immediately as space is limited and it will give someone else the chance to join. If you sign up and do not show up without letting a MOD in charge know or posting it here, you may face a temporary or permanent ban from future boosting events.
  • Because of the small game size of Bioshock 2, we're limiting sign ups to 6 people for now. Based on the amount of interest we get, we'll create more rooms as needed.
  • Even if you have the trophies for this game, you are still welcome to sign up and help out, but the members without the trophies will have priority.
  • Please post your PSN ID as well as your user name when you sign up. It'll make identification much easier.
  • The same restrictions apply. To participate, you need to have joined the site on (or before) 10/1/10 AND have over 50 posts (Note: If you do not meet these requirements, you can still sign up, but you will be placed on the alternates list and added to the main list if there are open slots available during the event). This is restricted to PS3T.org members ONLY.
  • Because this is a PS3T event, the same rules apply. You can earn yourself an infraction depending on your behavior.
  • You MUST have the game, all required peripherals and any DLC required for the trophy set that is to be attempt to get boosted. This means you have the game in hand at the moment of sign up (no "It's on my Gamefly list and should be here by then") and any required DLC installed already as well.
  • You MUST be free and able to play for at least the estimated playtime given in the game information section. Quitting early can before the event is done can result in a temporary or permanent ban from future boosting events. If we finish boosting early, members will be given the option to leave or continue playing for fun with the rest of the group for the remaining time (or longer if desired and possible).
  • Headsets are encouraged. We'd love that you use them, but again, no bashing other players.
  • Make sure to familiarize yourself with the with the trophies that are to be obtained during this event by reading viewing the Trophy Guide before the event. These are going to be the methods we use to boost 9 out of 10 times, so it will help things go faster this way.
Thanks everyone, and we'll see you all there.

Time Zone Details
Sydney, Australia - 4:30 AM
Perth, Australia/Hong Kong - 2:30 AM
Kuwait - 9:30 AM
Berlin, Germany - 8:30 PM
UK - 7:30 PM
New York - 2:30 PM
Chicago - 1:30 PM
Denver - 12:30 PM
San Diego - 11:30 AM
Honolulu - 8:30 AM

Last edited by olsen77; 10-19-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
olsen77

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Olsen's Bullet Hell   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   15,000 Posts   Guide Supplement Bronze   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Call of Duty 4 Birthday

1. olsen77
2. Ka_huna
3. ShinobiHayato

Alternates:
1. kb420mcl

Last edited by olsen77; 10-19-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
olsen77

Sign ups are now open for this one. Please don't sign up unless you either have the DLC already or plan to buy it in the next 10 days.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
Kahuna

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Hahaha I was just about to set up an 'unofficial' boosting night for these new maps
Sign me up!

I haven't even seen one new map yet from this DLC

edit - PSN: Ka_huna

Last edited by Kahuna; 10-19-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #5
kb420mcl

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Almost Golden   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Im in if i dont work. You can put me as an alternate.
psn id: kb420mcl

Old 10-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
ShinobiHotsuma

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Sign me up PSN: ShinobiHayato.
I'll message in advance if I'm called to work that weekend.
I now have a reason to play Bioshock 2.

Thanks to Shadowtroop110 for the awesome sig
Uncharted 3 Clan lNext UC3 Clan NightlUncharted 3 PS3T Clan Tournament

"Hello this is Eddy Raja. You are shitty pirates, I mean what are you trying to do kill yourselves?" Eddy Raja

Last edited by ShinobiHotsuma; 10-19-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
Jonvar

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I'm signing up for this This is exactly what I need
PSN: Jonvar
I don't have a mic though, I hope this is not a problem
Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Donkey-er

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

did this a couple a months back, if nowbody screws it up it should take 1-2 hours.
should be fairly fast, but still lame that this needs boosting:S
good luck to the boosters!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #9
nosequeponer

PSN: nosequeponer

Thanks
Old 10-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #10
Kahuna

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

After having a quick look at the Bioshock 2 boosting thread I saw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst08 View Post
However there was an update 1.4 that wouldn't let the EU connect to the US and a few people missed out on the session. So I will start a new list to help these people out, same rules apply and it's first come first served. If the party is full you will just have to be patient. If the patch doesn't get released in the US soon, then I suggest a US only contingent only and vice versa for the EU.
Which could throw a wrench in the works
Maybe we should add if we are US, EU or whatever in case this is an issue.