XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3T Central > PS3T Archive

Old 07-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rawra Send a message via Skype™ to Rawra

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Submission   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month Winner   Rockets Must Have Died   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Default 'Splitters 4 announcement soon?

Spotted in August's OPM UK magazine:

Quote:
A TimeSplitters 4 revival may be soon on be the horizon. According to the ‘Rumor Machine’ section in the Official PlayStation Magazine UK’s August 2011 issue, as spotted by Connected Consoles, the game is due for an announcement soon.

“Gun-wielding monkeys are finally making a comeback! A fourth Timesplitters title is to be announced soon,” reads the magazine.

Crytek UK, developer of the TimeSplitters franchise, said in November that they were currently in talks about bring the series back to the market.

Source: OPM: TimeSplitters 4 “to be announced soon”

Though it's part of the rumoured section, it's not the first time TS4 has been said to be on it's way, hopefully we'll hear something at GDC next month .
Old 07-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

That is good news it was one of if not the first FPS franchises that I liked.

No Blank Friend Requests
Old 07-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Submission   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month Winner   Rockets Must Have Died   Helping Hand

Ye I think it was one of the first FPSers I played, split-screen arcade mode was great fun and so was the story in co-op, so hopefully they bring that back as well as online co-op for each and competitive multiplayer.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Well I am looking forward to chasing monkeys around with missile launchers again
Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

I always loved the quirky nature of this series. I particular loved the characters, including the Ninja Monkey and The Deerhaunter, and the Virus game mode when I was younger. I hope the game stays true to its roots and doesn't try to turn into an FPS franchise like Call of Duty. Fingers Crossed!!

Awesome sig made by ub4of!!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Awesome Mystery Award   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc1993 View Post
I always loved the quirky nature of this series. I particular loved the characters, including the Ninja Monkey and The Deerhaunter, and the Virus game mode when I was younger. I hope the game stays true to its roots and doesn't try to turn into an FPS franchise like Call of Duty. Fingers Crossed!!
Completely agree. I had so much fun playing TimeSplitters with my mate back in the day. I'll always remember the sheer frustration of "Atomsmasher" on Hard on TS2, and the joy of finally completing "The Hooded Man" on Hard on TS3. Not to mention a bunch of other hilarious moments that will go down in my gaming history book.

We had some truly great moments in competitive too - I was always the Gingerbread Man as I loved the phrase that he said when selected. His Shock Proof was brilliant as well - no Electrotool or Mag Charger was going to get through him! Fire weapons on the other hand, well the less said about that the better! This game had better not try and "renew" it's roots by jumping on the Call of Duty bandwagon. I'll be so disappointed if it does.

Ride ze Shoopuf?

Old 08-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   5,000 Posts   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

How did I miss this? I played these game all the time with my friends. This is right up there with Super Smash Bros. for the best offline multiplayer I've ever played. No game has been able to top the quality of their bot matches yet.

By the way the Duck is where it's at.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Character phrases, full of awesomeness, I actually watched a vid recently which showed each characters phrase just to remember them, Mr Giggles was easily the best, wanna see my pocket?! .
Old 10-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to OmgitsaPhil

Awards Showcase THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I'd buy an HD collection of the older games in a heartbeat, lol. The amount of time I spent making levels was ridiculous, remaking facility, etc. I'd love to see another game, Virus mode was awesome and me and a mate had an awesomely intricate setup to play local split screen without being able to see the other side.

Weeeeeeee doggy, I got me some shootin' ta do!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner

TimeSplitters 3 is was one of the best games ever .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS