Will I lose my trophies?

allieplaysmusic

remeber to do a data transfer if you want to kee your saves

You stole my thunder just going to add to this make sure you deactivate your old PS3 watch the video that is posted on Youtube as the data transfer is the best way to do this as you know there are some games saves that cannot be copied to a memory stick/usb drive games like ACII, Dragon Age and more. The data transfer works like a charm I had no difficulties with my data transfer took 2 hours as I didn't have that much game saves or game data installed but data transfer time will depend on how much GB you used up and it will transfer almost everything if you have minis installed you will have to uninstall then install the game again. I had to do that with one mini I had. You will also need an ethernet cord for the data tansfer utility between systems.

• 2 months later...
If I buy a new PS3, will I still be able to access my old PSN account? Will I lose the trophies I've earned so far?

Do this...

1. De-activate your account from your old PS3 and delete it off the system.

2. Re-activate your account on your new PS3.

3. Sync up your trophies with the server.

The re-syncing process takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R on the new system and you're likely to get it cut off by an error message a few times during the re-sync. I find that this is normal, but its right annoying b/c it'll happen when its been syncing for 45 minutes and you have to restart the sync.