What kind of trophy hunter are you?

Yukito

Many of us have our own goals and methods with trophies, how do you go about them?

Do you

1- try to Platinum EVERY game you can get your hands on?

2- buy games you enjoy, and go for the platinum if available?

3- play games, and get the platinum only if it isn't out of the way?

4- buy games that are easy platinums?

5- buy games that are rumored to be tough, to show off that game's platinum if you get it?

6- play the games for another reason?

Since mostly everyone on this site is obviously up for platinums, I would say the 1, 2, and 4 are most likely. I myself, am one that plays what he knows he would like, and then go for the platinum. I wouldn't bother with games I straight out don't enjoy. Many people got the RE5 platinum, but I plain out quit on it myself, because the game just wasn't fun for me.

How about you all?

Edited by Yukito

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah number two for me also. Though I've only recently started going for platinums but I know I won't just start buying games that suck just for a platinum.

Besides, I'm pretty sure people would be able to appreciate the effort and time it took for say, a Fallout 3 platinum, than they would for a Disney game or something.

Number two for me nowadays. I've really started enjoying gaming again!

Went through a phase with the 360 where I wanted as many achievements as possible which I think dented the love I had for gaming.

2- buy games you enjoy, and go for the platinum if available?

3- play games, and get the platinum only if it isn't out of the way?

Kind of a mixture of those two. I don't buy many games anymore, I get most games from Gamefly and if I like them a lot I'll go for the plat, if I don't I'll either suffer through just to beat the story or just say fuck it and send it back. Some games that I haven't really liked I've suffered through just for an easy plat.