Help! PSN says my info is incorrect....

Majica8

....but I know for a fact that it isn't.

I'm trying to log into my PSN account (both on my PS3 and online) but neither work with the username and password that I know are right.

Problem is when I go to "Forgot password" and put my e-mail and date of birth in, it also says that is incorrect.

Any idea why they aren't working and/or what I can do about it?

Edit: Should have checked my e-mail, got e-mails from PSN saying my password and username have been changed but I haven't done it myself. Have e-mailed Sony at the address they give. Any advice on what to do? I'm guessing I've had my account hacked somehow, are Sony usually good at sorting these things out?

Edited by Majica8

Oh sorry I didn't even notice that part of your post. I think I assumed it was part of your signature.

Yeah I had nothing like that. Have you ever given your details out to someone? For gamesharing or anything? I don't know what It might be.

Nope, never. I'm VERY careful about stuff like that.

It sais you was last online 48 mins ago, was you? if not, then you've defo been hacked Xo

Nope, I've not been online in over 24 hours now I think.

Edit: Should have checked my e-mail, got e-mails from PSN saying my password and username have been changed but I haven't done it myself. Have e-mailed Sony at the address they give. Any advice on what to do? I'm guessing I've had my account hacked somehow, are Sony usually good at sorting these things out?

its good that you discovered that. you probably just got a little hack or changed it and forgot it...;)

you must of gameshared over the psn and the person tryed to hack your account or the person knew your information logged into your account and tryed to Hack it

No, never. As I said I'm very careful about stuff like that. And I def haven't changed it myself. Even if I did, I'd know the other e-mail (which also doesn't work)

Phoned Sony and they are going to suspend my account, get it back and un-suspend it. Sounds like they just changed my login and password because AFAIK all the other info I gave them matched what was on my account (They certainly didn't say otherwise.)

They also accused me of giving my info to someone, I seriously haven't, I'm not stupid. I did however also have my Hotmail hacked into and spam sent to most my contact list. I know it's not safe but I use the same e-mail and login for a lot of things, so I'm guessing the 2 are linked. It's either I use the same for a lot, or I write down various logins and passwords (I have over 25-30 websites that I use very often that require logging in to), neither is vary safe but I'd be filling out "Forgot login/password" forms every day if I didn't.

Hope they don't take too long over recovering it, it's pointless playing any of my games at the moment as I can't earn trophies for the account, and can't get any of my online stats for any games.

Phoned Sony and they are going to suspend my account, get it back and un-suspend it. Sounds like they just changed my login and password because AFAIK all the other info I gave them matched what was on my account (They certainly didn't say otherwise.)

They also accused me of giving my info to someone, I seriously haven't, I'm not stupid. I did however also have my Hotmail hacked into and spam sent to most my contact list. I know it's not safe but I use the same e-mail and login for a lot of things, so I'm guessing the 2 are linked. It's either I use the same for a lot, or I write down various logins and passwords (I have over 25-30 websites that I use very often that require logging in to), neither is vary safe but I'd be filling out "Forgot login/password" forms every day if I didn't.

Hope they don't take too long over recovering it, it's pointless playing any of my games at the moment as I can't earn trophies for the account, and can't get any of my online stats for any games.

you release the hacker cud of added a game to your trophy list? maybe some one spied on you when you where logging in one day got back home and logged into your account and tryed to hack it? he could of Deleted your Gamesaves

you release the hacker cud of added a game to your trophy list? maybe some one spied on you when you where logging in one day got back home and logged into your account and tryed to hack it? he could of Deleted your Gamesaves

They have synced my trophies and nothing has been added. But even if they did I'm not that bothered. I'm not fussed about incomplete trophy lists, and already have several 0% ones.

My gamesaves are on my PS3's HDD, whoever hacked my account can't get anywhere near them.

16+ hours after phoning them and I don't think the account is suspended yet, at least it wasn't 4 hours ago because that's when it was last signed into.

w00t I got my account back \(^_^)/ Login and password swiftly changed lol.

No activity in the store, no way they could have stolen my debit card details, no trophies/games added, no messages sent or recieved (even the one I sent to it from a different account didn't get through) Wonder why they even bothered at all.