XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > PlayStation Conversation > PS3 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #1431 (permalink)

Just got the 90 day subscription to this, to see if it's worth it. Do Sony do renewal offers when the times coming to an end?

Hopefully I'll get my monies worth. Looks pretty decent from what I've seen so far! Few games I might do a trial of. See how they are.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #1432 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Lightbulb

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Old 03-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #1433 (permalink)

I thought about PS + for awhile but it really comes down to whether or not you use the PS Store alot and i just don't so i decided its a no go for me, sorry sony
Old 03-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #1434 (permalink)

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprentice12233445 View Post
I thought about PS + for awhile but it really comes down to whether or not you use the PS Store alot and i just don't so i decided its a no go for me, sorry sony
PS+ is not only for those who use the store a lot. I don't and still have a subscription. What Plus has to offer and that has caught my eyes is the fact that there are "free" games, items, and Qore that you can get and enjoy (while you're subscribed, of course).

For example: in these past two months, I've got stuff that has paid my account more than twice. So, you have to balance what's more important. You don't need to use the store a lot.Just use it once a week and go enjoy yoursef.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #1435 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to jvaferreira

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprentice12233445 View Post
yeah, I don't use the store alot either but free stuff is always welcome. Since I subsrcibed I already got Far Cry 2, Burnout Paradise, Sly 1 and a couple more for free. I paid 15 and I've downloaded stuff that's worth at least 50.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #1436 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
Silent Hill is definitely a mind-screw game. I don't think the dog-through-window in Resident Evil would have the same affect now as it did back then for a first time player.
Whereas I think Silent Hill will forever be a freaky, make-your-skin crawl game (and I wish they'd release it on PSN)

-------

I played RE3 a bit last night and noticed no issues with the frame-rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos-- View Post
Haha very true. Fortunately for me the graphics don't bother me and won't prevent me from playing a game, mainly because I've seen how much they have evolved with each generation. It's amazing how far we've come along.

Funny story to mention is I am a huge fan of the Silent Hill series, but I started the series on the PS2 (SH2). My friends mentioned I should play the first game as it is the scariest game in the series. I scoffed and said the PSX graphics will prevent it from being more frightening than SH2. So I started up the first game and yes the graphics was a downgrade from SH2 (obviously), but once I reached the school and encountered the children ghosts, I freaked out like a girl and turned off the game and never went back. Damn game scared the shit out of me and to this day it's the only SH game I've yet to complete.

Since then I never underestimated a game just for its graphics, lol.

Same here man I was pretty disappointed at that. Full trials are great but I'm never going to download them again. Hopefully they'll offer the game for us again.
Yup Silent Hill is up there with Fatal Frame in that category of "yeah i'm NEVER playing this with the lights off by myself at midnight"

Just hope Downpour isn't a letdown (please don't make it so combat base like Homecoming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Nobody's making cheese illegal on my watch. I'll crack some mother fucking skulls if they try to take my cheese away.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #1437 (permalink)

Quick Question: Does the free SF game have trophies? If so, I'll mash some buttons and see what pops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Nobody's making cheese illegal on my watch. I'll crack some mother fucking skulls if they try to take my cheese away.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #1438 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

No, it doesn't as it's only a PS One game.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Old 03-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #1439 (permalink)

I have a question.

My PS3 account region is "Saudi Arabia". However, all my credit cards are US origin.
When I want to make a purchase, PSN+, the address for credit card is sat to "Saudi Arabia", I tried, but it didn't work.

My question is:
Can I buy a PSN card with 20$, then redeem the code and use it to buy the PSN+??

I am asking this because all the US game codes don't work when I try to redeem them with my "Saudi Account".

I need to do this soon because I want Trine2 for free.

Last edited by AbuRiyam; 03-11-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #1440 (permalink)

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
Yup Silent Hill is up there with Fatal Frame in that category of "yeah i'm NEVER playing this with the lights off by myself at midnight"
I'm 28 and still don't play Silent Hill (1, 2 3 or Origins) at night, no matter the hour. It it's getting dark, no Silent Hill, for no nightmares at night...
Closed Thread

Tags
ps plus, psplus