The PlayStation Plus Thread

GODCHILD1020

Souces of information.

This thread

PlayStation® Plus - PlayStation.com

PlayStation Plus; Check Out What It’s All About – PlayStation.Blog.Europe

What happens when PlayStation Plus games expire? -- Joystiq

Hello, PlayStation fans! We’re excited to announce that this week PlayStation Plus celebrates its first birthday! Over the past year, we’ve given PlayStation Plus subscribers access to a number of great deals, including free games, huge discounts, full game trials, early beta access as well as additional exclusive features like online game saves and automatic downloads.

To celebrate, for a limited time, we’re offering “Birthday Bonus Months” for PlayStation Plus. Starting today, lasting through July 11th, when you purchase a PlayStation Plus 1-year package, you’ll get 3 additional months, and gamers who sign up for the 3 month package get 1 additional month.

That’s 15 months for the price of 12 (just over $3 per month) or 4 months for the price of 3 (less than $5 per month). There’s no better time to sign up for PlayStation Plus and take advantage of these birthday savings!

So just what are the benefits that PlayStation Plus subscribers have gained that you won’t want to miss out on? In its first year alone, PlayStation Plus has offered access to:

• More than 50 Free Games
  • Over 100 Free DLC Items (Add-ons, Avatars, Themes)
  • 170+ Discounts
  • Over 100 Exclusives and Early Access items
  • $800+ in Savings

It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since we launched the program, providing subscribers with offers like the full PSN game WipEout HD, a number of PSP minis and PS One Classics, such as Age of Zombies, and more recently, the highly anticipated early demo of Mortal Kombat. Subscribers can also get early access today into the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Thanks again for all of your feedback and dedication to the program. Here’s to more birthday celebrations as we continue to evolve the service for users to expand and enhance their gaming experience!

Enjoy!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...-months-offer/

PlayStation Plus; Check Out What It’s All About

Games:

As a member you can expect to get your hands on at least four games a month at no extra charge. Each month there will be a selection of one PSN game, two minis and one PS one classics available on PlayStation Store for you to download. You also get premium avatars and dynamic themes each month, many of which are exclusive to members.

Talking of exclusive, there will also be discounts available on loads of PlayStation Store content, just for members, so make the most of them as these will change each month as well.

Finally, wherever possible we’ll be making sure that members are included in some selected demos and beta trials before they go live to the public so you can be the one to tell all your mates about the next big game they ‘must’ get.

Just the games, avatars and themes alone are worth at least £200* per year, so even before the other benefits, this service is great value for money

Full Game Trial:

This premium feature gives you the chance to try PSN and Blu-ray disc titles before you buy them in a whole new way. We are not talking normal demos of selected parts of a game here. With Full Game Trial, you can download the full game and play it as if you owned it for approximately one hour, depending on the game, before you decide if you want to buy it or not. So you can check out the online modes, play against friends or anything else you’d normally do with a game.

The other great thing is that your progress and trophies from the trial will all be unlocked if you buy the game so no need to go back and start again.

Automatic Download:

We wanted to offer members the speediest service possible so sign up and you can set your PS3 to automatically receive the latest game updates for all the games you play, PS3 system software updates and even have game demos sent directly to your PS3 without lifting a finger.

Just set the time you want to receive them and your PS3 will automatically wake up and download everything, ready for when you next want to play. No more waiting to play your favorite game because there is a new patch or having to remember when the latest system software is launching, let your PS3 do the work.

Details of this great new service, including a list of content available for the first 2 months will be on playstationplus.com between now and the 29th, but don’t forget to get on the Store and sign up before the 3rd August to get the added bonus of a free copy of LittleBigPlanet.

It would be great ho hear what you guys think of this new service and I’ll be back one here on Wednesday morning to try and answer any questions you have.

http://webassets.scea.com/e3communityassets/ps_promobox2.png

For some places around the world.

Country 1-YEAR 90DAYS

Australia AUD 69.95 20.95

Austria49.99 14.99

Belgium49.99 14.99

Czech Republic CZK 1299 390

Denmark DKK 375 115

Finland EURO 49.95 14.95

France49.99 14.99

Germany49.99 14.99

Greece49.99 14.99

Ireland49.99 14.99

Italy49.99 14.99

Luxembourg49.99 14.99

Netherlands49.99 14.99

New Zealand NZD 89.95 26.95

Norway NOK 395 119

Poland PLN 195 59

Portugal49.99 14.99

Saudi Arabia USD 64.99 19.99

South Africa ZAR 489 145

Spain49.99 14.99

Sweden SEK 480 145

Switzerland CHF 69.95 20.95

United Arab Emirates USD 64.99 19.99

United Kingdom GBP 39.99 11.99

Japan Yen 5,000 300

Edited by GODCHILD1020
Added a link to Joysiq info

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q:So, whats the price? There isn't much there for $50 , whats the euro price ??

A: 49.99USD 17.99 USD 90 days..... €49.99 for the year but the games, avatars and themes alone are worth more than €200 a year, so even before the other features, its good value.

Q:From how it was phrased at the conference, it sounds like, should your subscription run out, anything you get through said subscription becomes inaccessible. Could you clear this up when you get in.

A:Sure, anything you buy with the exclusive discounts, many of the exclusive extras/add-ons, the premium avatars/dynamic themes, and of course the free copy of LBP (if you sign up in time;-) are all yours to keep for good

The games that you get within the service are available for you to keep and use as long as you are a member.

Plus, the other exclusive features you get to.

Q:Just wanted to find out something before I get hyped. Will this service be available for all PSN regions? Or will it be limited to the US/UK?

A:I like it when I can give you good news! PlayStation Plus will be available in almost all terr’s that have access to PlayStation Store. the only countries we aren’t able to offer the service to at launch are Turkey and Russia

Q: How do i purchase and if i stop paying will i lose anything?

A:You purchase from the PSN Store after/on June 29... You don’t loose access to any of the content purchased with the great Store discounts exclusive to members, premium avatars, dynamic themes, some game add-ons or the LBP free gift. the free games you get with the service are only available while you are a member.

Q:How do i get the Free LBP. What about my saves from the Disc

A:Hi, yes, your saves will transfer across from your disc version of LBP. You get it buy Purchasing The 1 year subscriptions within the months of June and August 3, 2010.

Hi, the intro offer in Europe is that you get PS3 LBP for free when you subscribe for a year. The 15 months for the price of 12 offer is only for the US market

Q: Will More stuff be added at a later date?

A:We will always be working on evolving the service and will keep you up to date on any new developments

Q: Do I Rent or Keep the 4 games each Month.

A:you get the 4 games each month, so access to 48 games a year, plus the discounts will work out at way more than 4 games a year for free, plus the other features.

It’s 4 different games each month and you can only download those during that month but you can then keep them and play them for as long as you are a member.

Q:I understand that if your subscription to PlayStation Plus ends then you lose access to the free games you have gained, but what if you then re-subscribe at a later date? Would you regain access to the games you previously had on your prior subscription, or is access to those games lost forever if your subscription ends?

A: you would regain access to all the games you previously had if you re-subscribe at a later date

Q:IS PSN Still Free to play online.

A: As it always been.

Q:Will I Need any updates/Firmware of that Kind.

A:Yes Firmware 3.40 which drops ON June 29, 2009

Q: Cross Game Chat ? thanks Vyrastas for the info

A: The current features of PlayStation Plus are those listed in my post above – Games & special offers, full game trial and automatic downloads. We understand that many of you are asking for a cross-game chat feature, we said during our presentation that the service will evolve over time but I can’t guarantee anything at this time. Hopefully the service as it is currently is great value for money so anything we add will be a bonus http://blog.eu.playstation.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Q:Will the PS3 automatically shut down after I’ve used the “Automatic Download” feature?

A: The PS3 will automatically wake up, download, then shut down afterwards. You can also set the time it wakes up to best suit you --- I think you have to have Auto sign on on.

Q:if i download a full game trial of a blu-ray game (lets take infamous as an example)

if i decide to buy it do i have to purchase the blu-ray or do i purchase an unlock key for the downloaded full game?

if the latter is the case then im sold… i want ps3 digital downloads

if its the former than pfft, not wasting my bandwidth only to delete it after 1hr.

A:Hi, then consider yourself sold, it’s the latter! when you download the full game trial you will only need to purchase the license and the full game will be unlocked, including trophies and game saves from your trial period. Enjoy

Q: Discounts, Game trials and other stuff.

A: Hi, in the next couple of days we will be putting the detailed list of content on ps.com so you can see exactly what will be available for the first two months.

The discounts largely range between 20 and 50% and they vary by title. For full game trial there will be 2 of these each month, and every month they will be different titles.

Q: Do PSN+ members get everything in the beginning of the month to download.

A: NO PSN+ Members get Weekly updates like NON-PSN+ Subscribers, Its rolled out weekly so the members don't lose interest in the subscription in the first week of the update. US ONLY

Q. DO i get Qore when i sign up for PSN+

A:Yes, you get Qore with your subscription.

Let me just say you will need a Bigger Hard Drive to Download a lot of stuff if you get The PSN+ Service. LIKE LBP For EU Users.

This is what you get

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoBy2EzVxbI]YouTube- PlayStation Plus[/ame]

Viddler.com - Full Trailer Sp - Uploaded by PSBlogEU

Full Game Trial

A great way to try before you buy - play a game for up to one hour, then purchase the game to unlock your trophies and continue your progress.

Automatic Downloads

PlayStation®Plus downloads select demos, patches and firmware updates automatically, so you don’t have to think about it.

PS Store Discounts

Save money on stuff you’re buying anyway with discounts on games of up to 50%. These discounts alone make PlayStation® Plus worth it. Straight cash perks to perk your thumbs up.

Exclusive Offers

Access to select avatars, themes, and other items other folks can't get – at least not until long after you’ve been there, done that.

Free Games & Downloads

The free stuff adds up to way more than the cash you’re putting down. Think about it. Get select free games, add-ons and other downloads. Now that’s a deal.

Select Early Demos

There will be occasions where you will get early access to some demos before all the other common folk. That’s pretty sweet.

Priority Beta Invitations

You’ll be the first to receive invitations on select Betas.

And much more ---- Not stated Yet.

Subscription are set to auto renew, here is how to turn it off.

Subscriptions are automatically set to auto-renew, meaning 3-month subscribers have little time left to change their PSN settings. From Account Management, you'll want to ensure "Automatic Funding" is turned off, and check "Services" to turn off PlayStation Plus's auto-renew feature.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/08/imag0240.jpg

Go to "Account Management" in the XMB. Make sure "Automatic Funding" is turned Off to ensure your credit card isn't charged for any subscription renewal. Go to "Services" to edit any settings for your PlayStation Plus account.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/08/imag0255.jpg

Content that was purchased with an expired PlayStation Plus account will feature a blue shopping bag (as opposed to the usual red). If your account has expired, you will need to pay the game's full price to continue using it.

Edited by GODCHILD1020
Added how to turn off auto renew

$50 USD, if you read the comments, they provide the EU prices as well. Considering I spend $40 a year to renew Live--a service in which I rarely, rarely use--Playstation Plus is a definite buy for me. The PSN Game, Two Minis, and PS Classic make it worth it in the end, plus you get Qore.

Ah, right. Found it, thanks.

£11.99 or £39.99 for UK.

Not really sure. I rarely get time to play my main games, anyway. But, I'll see.

I'm quite unsure on this, stuff like the early demos or beta codes doesn't particularly appeal to me. The free games sounds tempting, but not keen on the idea they might try and flog the rubbish stuff off onto you. The same goes for the possible discounts on stuff. So guess really for me its a wait and see what the first few months are like to see.

The hour long plays of full games does sound nice though, especially for some of the psn titles

Well, consider this - most games can be finished in 5-7 hours nowadays.

So 1 hour of gameplay is quite a hunk.

Although the first hour of Heavy Rain is basicly a "press X to Jason" and "press X to Shaun" minigames.

And the length of time (of access) is dependent on the game. So, it could even be less.

Well, consider this - most games can be finished in 5-7 hours nowadays.

So 1 hour of gameplay is quite a hunk.

Although the first hour of Heavy Rain is basicly a "press X to Jason" and "press X to Shaun" minigames.

And the length of time (of access) is dependent on the game. So, it could even be less.

I think its just PSN Games not Full Retail Download Games. So yes 1 hour can be short, but its a trial most people make their decision in less time anyway.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

It looks appealing to me. I'll wait until I hear more about it to make a final decision on whether to take part in this. Also depends when they launch the premium service.

June 29th is the premium service launch.

Since I haven't bought much to anything from the Store I like the idea of free games. Also the addition of cross game chat and 1 hr demos that earn you trophies when you buy/rent the actual version is cool idea. Now just make an trophy list that can be done under an hour damn it.

Since I haven't bought much to anything from the Store I like the idea of free games. Also the addition of cross game chat and 1 hr demos that earn you trophies when you buy/rent the actual version is cool idea. Now just make an trophy list that can be done under an hour damn it.

You dont earn the trophies in that hour i think, but when you buy it it will unlock. I will post a comment that states it in a few.

Full Game Trial

A great way to try before you buy - play a game for up to one hour, then purchase the game to unlock your trophies and continue your progress.

All Answers are Here just in case anyone needs more info http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

I will add a Q&A section From the answer form the link to save time for all.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

Does it have cross game chat? This is the dealbreaker

I've been looking forward to seeing exactly what you get for your money here.

From what i've read, i'll be taking a one year subscription straight away. I'll sign up on day one.

One thing I would like to see is an online game save storage option for premium users. A way of being able to upload your game saves so they are safe and secure and YLOD proof :p

Edited by funkyweed