Your worst trophy boosting experience

elcactus

Whether it's because of the trophy itself, or more likely bad partners, let's hear it:

Well, I'm not going to name names, but I'm having an awful experience with one person. I use the Playstation app on my phone to send and receive messages. I've noticed lately that this app is very unreliable. This morning I awake to a new message on PSN (via my phone), so I check it out.

The guy had send like 5 or 6 messages over the past two days trying to get my attention, and the app hadn't delivered the messages until now. He immediately assumes I am trying to rip him off (our boosting involved trading on an in-game market). I try to explain to him that it was simply a mistake, and I was not avoiding him. He proceeds to tell me to "fuck off" and that he's going to shame me on this forum, because I'm obviously a "con."

The irony is that I continue to reassure that I'm going on the market as soon as I can to rectify the situation, and that I still need his cooperation in order to do so. But he's having none of it, and doesn't believe a word. Calls me more names. Because of an honest miscommunication, this guy is now trying to shame me on the game's subforum.

What a nightmare :(

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing a game with someone to boost for the platinum and they quit the game within an hour and deleted me off their friends list. They had multiplayer experience and I was new to it so they got frustrated that I didn't know the levels, although I clearly stated that I was still green.

Trophy hunting in Uncharted 3. BY FAR the worst gaming experience I have ever had.

The single player trophies?

I was playing a game with someone to boost for the platinum and they quit the game within an hour and deleted me off their friends list. They had multiplayer experience and I was new to it so they got frustrated that I didn't know the levels, although I clearly stated that I was still green.

That's really lame. It makes you wonder why he/she agreed in the first place to boost with you if they had zero patience.

I've actually only had quality experiences boosting (that I recall at least). I usually get paired up with people respectful, helpful and kind. Any bad experience would be minor connection issues (which happen).

It's when I try getting the trophies on my own that I've had a horrible experience. Burnout: Paradise was the absolute WORST with that. I would try to start timed challenges and people would crash into me to interrupt. Whenever I did get a challenge to start someone would exit out, cancelling the challenge, and rejoin the session. It took about 7 hours to complete my last 7 challenges this way. All for a stinkin' DLC gold trophy. I was pretty stubborn so I didn't want to "just try again another day" :p

Edited by mcolwander90

Battlefield: Bad Company.

You have to boost with lobbies totally full of randoms (impossible to lock lobbies), the only times when it's slightly possible is GMT 1AM-8AM (covers the whole night for me) because it's slightly less active there, and the game (6 years old) has 70-80% only pros left now, plus teamkilling and boost-fucking morons.

And this is what I'm working on at the moment... xD

Taken from the Inversion platinum difficulty rating thread. I feel like a fucking twat for deciding to do that game's plat.

Haha, thank f*ck I finally have this plat. For trophy difficultly on its own it is a 5 or 6. But I just have to say time consumption is a bleeding 50 out of 10.

I'll lay it down straight for you all. Unless your a sadist you will NOT want to even attempt this . The online is one of the most DEAD communities I've ever encountered.

For three modes you need 6 people. So you'll either need 5 dedicated as sh*t dudes or a couple of people with multiple accounts. You'll need 750 plays of that.

Then there is survival which requires 4 people. 30 plays of it and grinding for some enemy challenges.

Aside from them you can do the other 4 modes with just 1 person. But in one mode you get three options to pick from and ONE ultra rare mode only has a 1 in 12ish chance of appearing.

The fact that I'm the 11th (Techinically 9th as two people got with both their accounts) since the games launch in June to get the should show you something.

In total you need 1780 plays. 1000 of which will be 10 minute sessions and for the survival it is 10-15 minutes.

There is a 6 player method you can do for 4v2. Have a group of 4 and have 2 search. The 2 back out and it counts as a win. DON'T DO IT LEGITIMATELY AS EACH SESSION IS 20 MINUTES LONG.

If your group is dedicated as HELL, every day and every dang night then it may take you just over a month. If not, this'll take you months. Like me due to people coming and going and time zone differences.

Now to sell this game!

The worse ones are always when they get their trophies then delete you and never return the favour. Add them to my block list instantly so I never boost with them again

This.

Had this done on me once before, so they instantly got put on the block list after a few choice words from me.

Duo-hedgidecimal in FIFA 09, not only did we need to gather 20 people to an three year old game. But having everyone show up on time and follow simple instructions like do NOT press :cross: to skip the cutscene as it will lock the trophy was painful. Not only that, off course there were trolls as well, so easy for them to ruin for 19 others with no chance for beeing caught. Took about a month for a 2 min trophy if I remember.

Edited by Bezenko

I've had a couple poor experiences due to the people I'm playing with, but far and away the people have not been the problem. My worst experience was probably Warhammer 40k: Space Marine trying to get all those weapon challenges and level 40. The people I played with changed through the days\weeks it took but everybody was pretty cool as far as I can remember, in fact several are still on my friends list. The trophies though just SUCKED something fierce.

I was boosting with a guy a few weeks ago, and he just kept going for his next trophy without letting me get any. I asked him when it was going to be my turn and he told me he was only going to get his. I left and blocked him...and he never did finish the trophies. The sad thing is, I could have had mine in 15 minutes.

I generally find PS boosting sessions rarely work out well. Way too many selfish people. Last one I was in, one guy left a few minutes after getting his platinum, and screwed the other 5 of us that were there.

Brain Challenge

Something that initially looked like a fun psn game turned out to be one of the most tiring and gruelling boosts I ever did.

Getting lvl 100 in 3 game modes turned out to be equal to winning over 1700 online games in each of those modes (in online env that was dead as dodos).

It didn't helped I initially tried to do this legit with randoms (didn't accept boosts at that time), which only resulted in rare games and countless minutes spent in empty lobbies. I gave up when I was like 200 wins in one of the modes and about 30-40 hours invested in the game

Finally I did that one year later with 2 consoles and autofire pads when I was switching to ps3 slim. It still took about 100 hours of pure afk self-boosting and was randomly disconnecting pretty often (which doubled that number). Due to the disconnects I was waking up few times a night just to check if it's still working.. and I finally realised how to avoid disconnects when I was like 80% done...

Since then I always look on the trophy list before starting the game :)

I was boosting with a guy a few weeks ago, and he just kept going for his next trophy without letting me get any. I asked him when it was going to be my turn and he told me he was only going to get his. I left and blocked him...and he never did finish the trophies. The sad thing is, I could have had mine in 15 minutes.

I generally find PS boosting sessions rarely work out well. Way too many selfish people. Last one I was in, one guy left a few minutes after getting his platinum, and screwed the other 5 of us that were there.

I know what you mean. I try to "measure" the people by my exchanges with them here on the forums. I really only want to add people on my friends list if we've agreed 1) which trophies we are going to get, and 2) when.

I don't like it when people try to add me on their list, and then no action is ever taken.

That's horrible! I recently played with someone like that as well. Boosting sessions don't work very well. I've tried plenty and pretty bad. I've had a couple great sessions with people on Dead Nation, Destiny and Borderlands but that's it. It's sad that people are that selfish.

Resident Evil 5. The MP really sucks as it is.

However, Boosting Versus is a very tiresome exercise and generally needs a team of 4 but other modes can be done with two. Anyway, one of the people I was boosting with came online and asked that while we were waiting for the other two I could help him with other modes even though I had already completed them without boosting. I thought sure I'll help out.

After 3 hours I got him everything he needed then BAM! I get the message that he was offline. I check and nope! not on my friends list. He deleted me as he got his 100%. He left me and two others high and dry by not donating 1 hour of his time.

Selfish prick. It is one of the main reasons I don't boost anymore.

Another one was Red Dead Redemption but mainly because people could not connect and meet up in the same lobby for some reason.

I see a few people complain about Uncharted 3. I personally loved it, you could chat while grinding arena for treasures and it was a good challenge on crushing.