What should I do? Please help.

VenomSW

Hello all! I have a question, and would really appreciate some advice.

A couple of months ago I decided to make a new PlayStation account for achievement hunting. However, when I made it, I had some friends over, and we decided to play NHL 14. So I installed it, and got my first trophy on this account after starting up the game. I didn't really care at first, so I kept playing, and Platinum'd Arkham Asylum. I am now just days from platinuming Arkham City, but the NHL 14 trophy is starting to really bug me. Like I said, I have platinum'd Arkham Asylum soon Arkham City, and planning on platinuming the Uncharted games, Dishonored and some other games before buying a PS4. But all I can think about when I'm watching my trophy list is NHL 14 at 6% completed. And while I do like hockey, I am not planning on playing NHL 14 again, especially since it's impossible to platinum (online trophies etc).

So, my question is, should I start a new account, and play Asylum and City again (will take some time), or just keep playing? What would you do in this situation?

This is really bugging me, and like I said, I would really appreciate some advice. Take care all.

But all I can think about when I'm watching my trophy list is NHL 14 at 6% completed. And while I do like hockey, I am not planning on playing NHL 14 again, especially since it's impossible to platinum (online trophies etc).

So, my question is, should I start a new account, and play Asylum and City again (will take some time), or just keep playing? What would you do in this situation?

Not to sound cynical, but you have 5 games on your profile and two of the are Injustice and GTA IV (1%)...and you're worried about NHL '14? Are servers even completely working on GTA IV?

You can always work on the hockey game when your friend comes over I suppose.

Not to sound cynical, but you have 5 games on your profile and two of the are Injustice and GTA IV (1%)...and you're worried about NHL '14? Are servers even completely working on GTA IV?

You can always work on the hockey game when your friend comes over I suppose.

Well yes, but you have to keep in mind that there is a reason why I have GTA IV at 1%, and that is because I haven't started playing it yet. I am not planning on platinum it, but I will get all the offline trophies, so I'll be at around 70-75% when done. And there is a big difference between 7% and 70%, wouldn't you say?

I am going to start playing GTA IV, Injustice, and the other games I listed when I am done with Arkham City, I just like to complete one game at a time. The thing is that concerning NHL 14, I won't get any more trophies at all, because they are too time consuming (I hate online trophies) and I don't like the game that much. So the 7% will definitely bring down my completion average.

It's ultimately your decision. Several of my friends have got new cards after having a wonderful gaming career. My card name has meaning to me, so I would not change. If there is no meaning of your card to you then change it. As previously mentioned though, you only have a few games. Don't worry about it. Something tells me that your friends will want to play another game and the same this will happen again. To avoid this, just make another account for others to play on when they are gaming at your place.

If you can be bothered plat'ing your plat'd games again (and think you'll enjoy it all over again), I'd recommend starting a new account. Your account is only new, and that game is going to bug you for life :p

I'm in the same situation with Sonic Unleashed, just put it into the console within a month of getting the PS3, didn't plan on worrying about trophies and left it. If I could go back to then and start over from then, I would. After all, I only had Prince of Persia and InFamous plat'd by then...

Looking at NHL 14, it doesn't look like the online trophies are unobtainable, so...I guess the OP doesn't want to try for them? Looks like from the unachievable/glitched thread that NHL 12-14 are still online. I'd just go for the plat. If you added it and a low percent bothers you, just raise the percent.

I wouldn't want to redo any Arkham game when I was almost done with them. Kind of kills the fun.

Well yes, but you have to keep in mind that there is a reason why I have GTA IV at 1%, and that is because I haven't started playing it yet. I am not planning on platinum it, but I will get all the offline trophies, so I'll be at around 70-75% when done. And there is a big difference between 7% and 70%, wouldn't you say?

I am going to start playing GTA IV, Injustice, and the other games I listed when I am done with Arkham City, I just like to complete one game at a time. The thing is that concerning NHL 14, I won't get any more trophies at all, because they are too time consuming (I hate online trophies) and I don't like the game that much. So the 7% will definitely bring down my completion average.

That area I bolded right there tells me you don't actually care and your just getting yourself worked up for nothing. It's kind of tough to maintain a 100% completion rate anyways with so many DLC's, glitched trophies, and random server shutdowns. Once you really start getting more games on your list you will easily be in the high 90%'s anyways and NHL14 will fade away into the small percentage that you didn't/couldn't get and you will continue to not care lol.

And well NHL14 is platinumable so... Do it then xD

If it's bothering you this much, I would consider turning off trophy notifications and forget them. I had to do this after OCD and completion rates ruined gaming for me. Now I'm back playing for fun and then moving on to the next game. There's so much more in life to invest that time into.

I totally agree. Besides, it seems like you don't care that much about getting 100% everywhere so just leave it as it is. And if it really bothers you that much, just hide it like some others have suggested. Besides, who knows if you won't play that game again with your friends?

To clarify, I loved getting trophies when I first figured them out. I felt such a thrill getting my first few platinums. I didn't have much going on in my life at the time so it helped keep me entertained.

I think the change occured when PS Plus starting giving out lots of free games, as well as some can't-miss store sales, and before I knew it, I had 30+ unplayed games on my HDD, and it just hit me that there was no way I could beat every one to 100%. But I tried to, and my hobby suddenly turned into a huge workload which sucked all the pleasure out of it.

I had to retire my account as all those 1% games that I tried once and hated were causing me some serious frustration. Now I'm starting over playing ONE game at a time, and I'm balancing out my life by trying to get out of the house more, read more books etc. I'm in a more positive place mentally now, and I feel my love for gaming returning! :D

Hey again guys, and thank you for all your answers. To clarify some things, I DO care about getting 100%, and I will get all the games I can to 100, but what can you do when the servers aren't even working?

Second, the reason why I have four games on 1-10%, is because when I created the account, I didn't really know that I would care so much about the trophies. However, after getting the Arkham Asylum platinum, it really made me excited about keep going.

The most helpful response I got was the one from PrinceOfPeace, who simply said "You should do whatever you feel like doing. It's that simple. Good luck with whatever you decide, and I hope it makes you happy." He's absolutely right, I really wanted help on this matter, but deep down I knew that it was up to me. I had to make the choice.

And, last, I did create a new account, and I couldn't be happier about my decision. Started playing Arkham Asylum again three days ago, and I only have a couple of trophies left until the Platinum. After that it's time for Arkham City, then Uncharted, Dishonored, Mafia 2, etc. :dance:

Anyways, thank you guys for replying and take care. :)

Hey again guys, and thank you for all your answers. To clarify some things, I DO care about getting 100%, and I will get all the games I can to 100, but what can you do when the servers aren't even working?

Second, the reason why I have four games on 1-10%, is because when I created the account, I didn't really know that I would care so much about the trophies. However, after getting the Arkham Asylum platinum, it really made me excited about keep going.

The most helpful response I got was the one from PrinceOfPeace, who simply said "You should do whatever you feel like doing. It's that simple. Good luck with whatever you decide, and I hope it makes you happy." He's absolutely right, I really wanted help on this matter, but deep down I knew that it was up to me. I had to make the choice.

And, last, I did create a new account, and I couldn't be happier about my decision. Started playing Arkham Asylum again three days ago, and I only have a couple of trophies left until the Platinum. After that it's time for Arkham City, then Uncharted, Dishonored, Mafia 2, etc. :dance:

Anyways, thank you guys for replying and take care. :)

so your new account is a lie and changes nothing well done ;)