XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > PlayStation Conversation > PS3 Discussion

Old 09-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to SirkSirk

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Default Playstataion Plus Message September 20, 2012

So, my friend and I received a message on psn for playstation plus. His was a free trial and he does not have psplus. I do have psplus and it said that it's been awhile since Iv'e had it and told me I should sign back up.

So I was wondering. Anybody get a message like, "thanks for being a plus member! here's $1,000,000 and a unlimited supply of gaming gear for the rest of your life!" or something(pretty much anything saying that you are a plus member).

SirkSirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

SPAM! thats all that is
Eternalchaos72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Maximum Clubs Top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalchaos72 View Post
SPAM! thats all that is
I'll take some spam for a free month of plus, though I didn't get jack >.>

Old 09-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
SPAM! thats all that is
It's from [PSN] so it's not spam.

I got it as well. Pretty sweet since mine was about to expire and I'm short on cash because of two big releases this month.

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmowen View Post

I got it as well. Pretty sweet since mine was about to expire and I'm short on cash because of two big releases this month.
A message/email telling me to get something I already have... Yeah, I consider that spam.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirkSirk View Post
A message/email telling me to get something I already have... Yeah, I consider that spam.
Well, our definitions of spam must be different. If it's someone sending me a message saying 'Send this to 20 people and you'll get a free month of PS+!', that I consider spam. If a Sony representative sent me a message saying that you've received a free month of and comes with a link to get it, I don't consider that spam. Not to mention, the message was from [PSN] so yeah. But if you consider it spam, cool. I don't understand why you're questioning something you're getting for free.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:

as a matter of fact it is spam! sony nor the psn team message you through psn, they email you. no company messages you like this.
Eternalchaos72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, our definitions of spam must be different. If it's someone sending me a message saying 'Send this to 20 people and you'll get a free month of PS+!', that I consider spam. If a Sony representative sent me a message saying that you've received a free month of and comes with a link to get it, I don't consider that spam. Not to mention, the message was from [PSN] so yeah. But if you consider it spam, cool. I don't understand why you're questioning something you're getting for free.
I didn't get anything for free. I got a spam message for free. Seriously. It doesn't have anything in it other than a link to purchase(keyword here) what I already have(as stated in previous post).

Quote:
as a matter of fact it is spam! sony nor the psn team message you through psn, they email you. no company messages you like this.
^exactly. Usually you'd have to do something in order to be emailed, right? Like sign up for the first time on playstation. Then it asks you if you want to receive emails from playstation, nothing about receiving messages. This is the 3rd one from psn, and Iv'e had 3 others from random game dev's offering me something or advertising their game.

Last edited by SirkSirk; 09-20-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Alright. If you say so. I just redeemed my code and I got an extra month for free.

And while it may not be related, they've invited me to betas through PSN messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirkSirk View Post
I didn't get anything for free. I got a spam message for free. Seriously. It doesn't have anything in it other than a link to purchase(keyword here) what I already have(as stated in previous post).
Odd. Don't know what to tell you about that. Guess we got different messages then.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Alright. If you say so. I just redeemed my code and I got an extra month for free.

And while it may not be related, they've invited me to betas through PSN messages.

Odd. Don't know what to tell you about that. Guess we got different messages then.
Yeah it sucks. =/ so they sent you a free month while you already have plus?