Playstataion Plus Message September 20, 2012

SirkSirk

So, my friend and I received a message on psn for playstation plus. His was a free trial and he does not have psplus. I do have psplus and it said that it's been awhile since Iv'e had it and told me I should sign back up.

So I was wondering. Anybody get a message like, "thanks for being a plus member! here's $1,000,000 and a unlimited supply of gaming gear for the rest of your life!" or something(pretty much anything saying that you are a plus member).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A message/email telling me to get something I already have... Yeah, I consider that spam.

Well, our definitions of spam must be different. If it's someone sending me a message saying 'Send this to 20 people and you'll get a free month of PS+!', that I consider spam. If a Sony representative sent me a message saying that you've received a free month of :psn+: and comes with a link to get it, I don't consider that spam. Not to mention, the message was from :psn: [PSN] so yeah. But if you consider it spam, cool. I don't understand why you're questioning something you're getting for free.

Well, our definitions of spam must be different. If it's someone sending me a message saying 'Send this to 20 people and you'll get a free month of PS+!', that I consider spam. If a Sony representative sent me a message saying that you've received a free month of :psn+: and comes with a link to get it, I don't consider that spam. Not to mention, the message was from :psn: [PSN] so yeah. But if you consider it spam, cool. I don't understand why you're questioning something you're getting for free.

I didn't get anything for free. I got a spam message for free. Seriously. It doesn't have anything in it other than a link to purchase(keyword here) what I already have(as stated in previous post).

as a matter of fact it is spam! sony nor the psn team message you through psn, they email you. no company messages you like this.

^exactly. Usually you'd have to do something in order to be emailed, right? Like sign up for the first time on playstation. Then it asks you if you want to receive emails from playstation, nothing about receiving messages. This is the 3rd one from psn, and Iv'e had 3 others from random game dev's offering me something or advertising their game.

Edited by SirkSirk

as a matter of fact it is spam! sony nor the psn team message you through psn, they email you. no company messages you like this.

Alright. If you say so. I just redeemed my code and I got an extra month for free.

And while it may not be related, they've invited me to betas through PSN messages.

I didn't get anything for free. I got a spam message for free. Seriously. It doesn't have anything in it other than a link to purchase(keyword here) what I already have(as stated in previous post).

Odd. Don't know what to tell you about that. Guess we got different messages then. :shrugs:

Alright. If you say so. I just redeemed my code and I got an extra month for free.

And while it may not be related, they've invited me to betas through PSN messages.

Odd. Don't know what to tell you about that. Guess we got different messages then. :shrugs:

Yeah it sucks. =/ so they sent you a free month while you already have plus?

^exactly. Usually you'd have to do something in order to be emailed, right? Like sign up for the first time on playstation. Then it asks you if you want to receive emails from playstation, nothing about receiving messages. This is the 3rd one from psn, and Iv'e had 3 others from random game dev's offering me something or advertising their game.

yeah you will recieve emails. but the bit you mentioned about the advertising and stuff thats so fake you can tell from a mile away.

OY JMOWEN! What makes you so special?! :p

Is there only one official psn user name that sends stuff like this or does anyone know of more that could be trusted? :confused:

(If these are true?)

:p Being a long-time member I guess (2 years).

I'm not sure. This is the first time I've gotten a message from :psn: [PSN] I'm pretty sure a different PSN name has sent me invites to the betas though. I'm 99% sure that all 'official' messages have the :psn: logo to the left of their name.

And here's a picture of the message I got (for those that think I'm BS'ing :p):

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz162/jmowen/psn_zpsa388fbc3.jpg

Edited by Johnny Bananas

I'm not sure. This is the first time I've gotten a message from :psn: [PSN] I'm pretty sure a different PSN name has sent me invites to the betas though. I'm 99% sure that all 'official' messages have the :psn: logo to the left of their name.

?ui=2&ik=9519bc8968&view=att&th=139e284bf42cbc74&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1413611607458578432-1&safe=1&zw

I don't see a picture. All I see is some name of a team that's going to lose in THL 2.

?ui=2&ik=9519bc8968&view=att&th=139e284bf42cbc74&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1413611607458578432-1&safe=1&zw

Your image isn't working :whistle:

Ahhhh so it does have the psn symbol? Wondered about that in your previous posts.

Your pic is a red x tho :( maybe because its from your gmail :confused:

Hmmm guess I'll just have to wait and see if I ever get sent one :p

It should be there. :confused:

And with us not competing hardcore, that won't be a surprise.

It finally rendered. Yeah, same here. Just wanted to throw a friendly jab at you since your pic wasn't working. That is a nice deal even though you already have PS+. I wonder how the trial is going to work. Will it just be an additional month added once your subscription expires. I'd like to hear from others if they got something similar and their feelings towards it.

It finally rendered. Yeah, same here. Just wanted to throw a friendly jab at you since your pic wasn't working. That is a nice deal even though you already have PS+. I wonder how the trial is going to work. Will it just be an additional month added once your subscription expires. I'd like to hear from others if they got something similar and their feelings towards it.

My :psn+: was extended an extra month. Was supposed to expire September 27th, now expires October 27th. ;)

Doubt very much that it's spam -- most spam messages often comes from random users saying input this code and get so and so credit and all this.

Indeed I was skeptical when I got it cuz I was like whaa, why do I need a free trial or be told to come back to PS Plus. Since July 2010, the amount of time I've been 'off' PS Plus, maybe 5 days in between yearly subscriptions, so thought indeed it was funny.

But I checked my account management and services list for PS Plus and indeed a month was added :dance:, but I also noticed my notice for automatic renewal was reactivated, so I deactivated that again.

Nonetheless, hey a free month is a free month :D

Edited by jadedxspawn