XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > PlayStation Conversation > PS3 Discussion

Old 03-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to GLiMpZe
Default Most Coveted Platinums?

What are some platinums that you believe are coveted? or must haves?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Events Director

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   Staff - Events Director   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)

HEAVY RAIN is a must have platinum. It's a unique game that was awesome throughout. I also think Gran Turismo 5 people should have as it's a game that really takes skill and dedication to complete.

As for coveted platinums, I don't really know. Many games 's are highly sort after.

Sig and Avatar by TheFlyingToaster

Last edited by Harry94_; 03-05-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Harry94_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

In terms of Kudos and prestige, any game that has a Difficulty of 8 or higher is worth having e.g. NGS2, FEAR 2, GT5, FC2 etc, etc.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Far Cry 2 or Lost Planet 2...

Those kind of games that a user dedicates hundreds and hundreds of hours to are simply mind blowing. When a user has the platinum for a game like that I'm super impressed (and jealous) at the same time.

*** I don't accept blank friend requests... Sorry ***
Steve_LWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   2,500 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Rockets Must Have Died
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Peace Walker, GTA IV because I'm a Metal Gear fanboy and I love GTA.

Playfire | PSN Profiles | Sig created by RED_REBEL44 | ↑ Bryci
A_Rabid_Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

For me, anything Rockstar, which is why I have Red Dead and LA Noire. GTA5 i'd love but don't have the time to do and didn't like Midnight Club so I have what I want really.

frosteeeh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

I agree anything with a high difficulty rating would be coveted, but in actuality, what is coveted depends on the person and what type of games they like. Someone who is into action-adventure games probably wouldn't covet a GT5 platinum.

AKASHAMARIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Jungalist

Awards Showcase Call of Duty 4 Birthday   SOTM Winner
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I cant really pick to be totally honest, it's a pretty tough choice in my eyes. I guess NGS2 will be once I completed it as it takes alot of patience in areas to have to die and die until you begin to learn the obstacles. I think when I have this platinum I will feel accomplished.

"We begin dying from the moment we are born. There is no escaping this truth!"
Jungalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Obviously the high difficulty ones are coveted. But I covet the difficult ones that I've gone for or gotten because I've realised just how much effort you need to but into them to achieve some of them - Wipeout HD being my most coveted.

Visit my youtube channel, I'e just started this whole YouTube video commentary thing so would appreciate it if you took the time to check me out
http://www.youtube.com/user/camzoidh

"Cause one dog ain't enough and two is too few, it's me 'Three Dog' bringin' you all the music and news your little hearts can handle." - Three Dog, Fallout 3.
camzoid_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
As for coveted platinums, I don't really know. Many games 's are highly sort after.
*chuckle* Sought after*

I think any game with more than a 8/10 in the difficulty ratings is a fairly coveted plat.

Proud trophy guide writer of:
Jak and Daxter | Jak 3 | Shoot Many Robots | Warp | I am Alive | World Gone Sour
Of Orcs and Men | Nikoli's Sudoku V | God Mode | OMG HD Zombies!
Links removed because BB coding is silly long. And signatures don't like that.
DKsDragon is offline   Reply With Quote