Top 10 Most Platinumed Games on PS3

oversoul53

according to this recent PlayStation blog post: Trophy Hunters: Here Are Your Top 10 Platinums – PlayStation Blog

these are the top 10 most platinumed games on PS3 ranked by total platinum trophies earned:

1. Assassin’s Creed II
  2. Modern Warfare 2
  3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  4. God of War III
  5. Resident Evil 5
  6. inFamous
  7. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
  8. God of War (GoW HD Collection)
  9. Borderlands
  10. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (The Sly Collection)

here are some interesting trends the blog poster found about this list as well:

• These are good games – The average Metacritic score for the above games is 89 – so it’s a good bet that these games are of high enough quality that gamers are all too happy to fully explore them to find every last collectible (Assassin’s Creed II, Sly 1), or are willing to play through multiple times on the hardest levels to earn those Trophies (Uncharted, Modern Warfare, God of War)
  • Big sellers – We’re looking at total Platinum trophies here, so it stands to reason that games that have sold a lot of copies would have been Platinum’d a lot. That’s probably why you don’t see CSI: Fatal Conspiracy or Hannah Montana: The Movie on this list, even though they are known to be easy to Platinum.
  • Few multiplayer Trophies – None of the games listed have the dreaded “Hit Level 50 Rank in Multiplayer.” Even the multiplayer-heavy Modern Warfare 2 saves most of its Trophies for the campaign and Spec Ops missions. I think this is why you see Assassin’s Creed II on this list, and not AC: Brotherhood, which introduced Multiplayer to the series (and associates 10 Trophies with this mode, many of which are tough to get). Take note, developers!
  • These games are a couple of years old – The newest game on this list is Sly Cooper & the Theivius Raccoonus from The Sly Collection, which came out last year. The rest of the games are from 2009 or before. My theories: it takes a lot of time to grind through everything there is to see and do, and with most of these games now value-priced, many people are still picking these up and embarking on their road to the Platinum even today.

it's a good list... I approve :applause:

Edited by oversoul53

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassin’s Creed II Got the Plat

Modern Warfare 2 Got the Plat

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Got the Plat

God of War III Never played it

Resident Evil 5 Got it but didn't like it enough to try to Plat it

inFamous Got the Plat

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Got the Plat

God of War (GoW HD Collection) Never played it

Borderlands Got the Plat

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (The Sly Collection) Never played it, and frankly never heard of it!

So I have 7 of the 10 games, and have Platinumed 6 of them.

I think they all in top 10, not because if they good games or not, just because thier easy to obtain and anybody who isn't too stupid could platinum these. Even if likes of Warhawk & Ninja Gaiden be sooooo epic games, they would never reach top 10 just because they hard or so long to platinum. Most gamers dont sit through long platinums, they want quick & easy ones.

Got 7 of those plats, have borderlands on 360 with near full 1k GS, and i couldnt be bothered with RE5's plat

Assassin’s Creed II

Modern Warfare 2

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

God of War III

Resident Evil 5

inFamous

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune

God of War (GoW HD Collection)

Borderlands

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (The Sly Collection)

BEST part of the article right here!

Few multiplayer Trophies – None of the games listed have the dreaded “Hit Level 50 Rank in Multiplayer.” Even the multiplayer-heavy Modern Warfare 2 saves most of its Trophies for the campaign and Spec Ops missions. I think this is why you see Assassin’s Creed II on this list, and not AC: Brotherhood, which introduced Multiplayer to the series (and associates 10 Trophies with this mode, many of which are tough to get). Take note, developers!

I think they all in top 10, not because if they good games or not, just because thier easy to obtain and anybody who isn't too stupid could platinum these. Even if likes of Warhawk & Ninja Gaiden be sooooo epic games, they would never reach top 10 just because they hard or so long to platinum. Most gamers dont sit through long platinums, they want quick & easy ones.

You're right there. But it's actually more fun and rewarding if you have something hard who can't be completed by everyone.

These games are a couple of years old – The newest game on this list is Sly Cooper & the Theivius Raccoonus from The Sly Collection, which came out last year. The rest of the games are from 2009 or before.

That part was just embarrassing. How does he not know that Sly Cooper & the Theivius Raccoonus is the OLDEST game on that list? :facepalm: The collection disc itself is new, however the games on it are certainly not.

Edited by mjc0961