XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > PlayStation Conversation > PS3 Discussion

Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungalist View Post
I think they all in top 10, not because if they good games or not, just because thier easy to obtain and anybody who isn't too stupid could platinum these. Even if likes of Warhawk & Ninja Gaiden be sooooo epic games, they would never reach top 10 just because they hard or so long to platinum. Most gamers dont sit through long platinums, they want quick & easy ones.
You're right there. But it's actually more fun and rewarding if you have something hard who can't be completed by everyone.

Gnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Yep, I have 6 of those 10. Honestly, the most shocking one that's up there is RE5.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oversoul53 View Post
These games are a couple of years old – The newest game on this list is Sly Cooper & the Theivius Raccoonus from The Sly Collection, which came out last year. The rest of the games are from 2009 or before.
That part was just embarrassing. How does he not know that Sly Cooper & the Theivius Raccoonus is the OLDEST game on that list? The collection disc itself is new, however the games on it are certainly not.

Last edited by mjc0961; 03-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #24 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I have 8 of these platinums, I approve ACII as #1 as well.
Aaron29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bright Idea!   A+ Thread Award   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

The only one that suprises me is Resident Evil 5, you need to do a heck of a lot of grinding to max out all weapons, and beating some of the levels on Professional/With an S Rank is seriously hard.
SimplySupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   Word of Mouth - Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Platinum Submission   Silver Road Map Submitter   Helping Hand   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
That part was just embarrassing. How does he not know that Sly Cooper & the Theivius Raccoonus is the OLDEST game on that list? The collection disc itself is new, however the games on it are certainly not.
Of course he knows that. It was however not possible to earn a platinum on it before the collection disk was out, and since this is about earning plats, it's the newest game on the list. That version of the game.

I'm pretty confident in my prediction that he knows that Sly as a game is older than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySupreme View Post
The only one that suprises me is Resident Evil 5, you need to do a heck of a lot of grinding to max out all weapons, and beating some of the levels on Professional/With an S Rank is seriously hard.
A little surprised myself, but Resident Evil is a successful well established franchise.

Thanks to ESYLD for the signature picture.
| Twitter | YouTube | Blog | PSN |

Last edited by Pesico; 03-02-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Pesico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Word of Mouth - Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesico View Post
Of course he knows that. It was however not possible to earn a platinum on it before the collection disk was out, and since this is about earning plats, it's the newest game on the list. That version of the game.

I'm pretty confident in my prediction that he knows that Sly as a game is older than that.
Good point and he did say that the "HD Collection was released last year" if he was referring to the original games he wouldn't have said it was a HD Collection. I just think mjc is trying too hard to find faults with everything and needs to chill out once in a while.
mjfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesico View Post

Fair enough, but I think he could have worded that a LOT better than he did. It really does sound like he means "Hey, this game is brand new, all the other ones are at least 2 years old.", at least to me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan97 View Post
Good point and he did say that the "HD Collection was released last year" if he was referring to the original games he wouldn't have said it was a HD Collection. I just think mjc is trying too hard to find faults with everything and needs to chill out once in a while.
cool story bro
Old 03-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Word of Mouth - Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
cool story bro
Thanks. So glad you think so!
mjfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to leptonic Send a message via AIM to leptonic Send a message via MSN to leptonic Send a message via Yahoo to leptonic Send a message via Skype™ to leptonic

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 5 Champions - EBGobblins   Word of Mouth - Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Interesting list... but 100% temporal, give a couple of weeks and there will be some changes, U3 is missing!
leptonic is offline   Reply With Quote