• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people seem to agree on this point system:

Bronze: 1

Silver: 2

Gold: 6

Platinum: ?

Then theres to type of games:

Smallscale games (usually, the ones you see on the PS Store): No platinumtrophy and a set amount of basepoints. Add-ons adds 6 points to a game, which means one gold trophy for example, or several combinations of silver and bronze.

Largescalegames (all retailgames, but maybe also some big PSN games in the future): These games will have a platinumtrophy for completing all the other trophies and the toatal pointvalue of a largescalegame will be much higher than a smallscalegame.

The higher level you are, the more it will take to advance to another level. An example, if you have no trophies and suddenly get all of the trophies in Uncharted, it would take you to level 4. When I started collecting Uncharted trophies, I were allready at level 3 I think, but after getting all the trophies for Uncharted, it only boosted me two levels in stead of three.

Obviously, it's a certain number for each level, but those numbers are hidden, and will increase for each level.

Platinum is worth 12.

I was at 78% progress in Uncharted with only 1 Gold and the Platinum to go. Using the 1/2/6 point system I had 64 points to make that 78%. 64/.78=82, so 100% of Uncharted's points is 82. 82-64=18 so between the Platinum and the last Gold there were 18 points to go around. We already know that Gold is worth 6, so 18-6=12 points per Platinum trophy.

Edited by Dowju

Kinda worked out here :-

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/super-stardust-hd/455-stats-2.html

There's also a post on the home page, and I quote :-

"It's amazing how a simple question like "How do you think the Trophies weigh against each other?" can springboard one of the most complicated conversations I've experienced in some months.

The question triggered a little experiment that PS3T moderator HenryHSH spearheaded exploring a whole bunch of different people's stats and some fairly mental formulas.

After a thread, making me get a silver Trophy at stupid o'clock yesterday and some pretty crazy decimal place theories, we settled on the following theory as per the Super Stardust HD Trophy list:

2 bronze trophies = 1 silver trophy

3 silver trophies = 1 gold trophy

6 bronze trophies = 1 gold trophy.

Yes, we're aware that there is 1% left over using that formula (bronze = 3%, silver = 6% and gold =18%) but we have an inkling that the 1% may play a part in the future with the platinum trophy (for retail titles that is). Obviously these percentages won't work in retail titles like Warhawk (56 trophies) but the weighting of the trophies against each other seems logical."

Posted By Webb

Hope that sheds some light.

Thing is though, like any RPG, the more levels you go up, the more trophies you need to gain another level. In Uncharted, a Gold Trophy is worth 8% (I was at 62%, went to 78% by beating Hard, giving me Normal's gold as well). So in that sense, a Platinum would be worth 14% of the overall percentage (based on 48 trophies of course).

How does this help? I don't know.

Thing is though, like any RPG, the more levels you go up, the more trophies you need to gain another level. In Uncharted, a Gold Trophy is worth 8% (I was at 62%, went to 78% by beating Hard, giving me Normal's gold as well). So in that sense, a Platinum would be worth 14% of the overall percentage (based on 48 trophies of course).

How does this help? I don't know.

If you have gold and a platinum left, you will always be at 78% I think. It's at least true for Uncharted and Buzz. I'll try to figure out the point value of the Platinum trophy when I'm finished with Buzz.

Edit: Only problem is that 78% on the Trophy Collection list could be anything between 78,00 and 78,99. After playing Buzz and Uncharted, I've figured out that the decimals are just removed. The number isn't rounder up/down.

Edited by Pesico

Pesico:

It's actually a little over so it may be 14 "points" to level 2.

KingBroly:

I know that each level will require more points than the one before it, but if we know each of the milestones for the first few levels, we can try to find a pattern.

Anyone:

Do you know what trophies you had when you leveled from 2 to 3 or from 4 to 5?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info Ghost.

With that info , here's what I've calculated for the first 4 levels (a 2nd order polynomial fit):

POINTS NEEDED = 7.25x^2 - 9.35x + 3.25

Where "x" is the level you're trying to attain.

I can edit this if someone can verify the jump to level 5.

By this calculation, level 5 would take 138 "points"...

I'm not near level 6. Little shorten than halfway to level 6. Given up on Eden so I won't get any closer before other games gets trophies.

PLATINEM only lacks a gold and a platinum to get all 110 trophies available and hes actually a little behind me. Don't think it's possible to get to level 6 right now.

I might be desperate enough to play that. Don't like it at all, but in desperate times, desperate measures is required:P

Is it actually getting patched Wednesday? I deleted my original post because I thought the information was incorrect. Someone on Playfire told me that and I just assumed he was right.

That's total points needed, not additional points needed after the previous level.

14 for level 2

40 for level 3

82 for level 4

~138 for level 5

Can anybody confirm this?

Are you anywhere near level 6 Pesico?

Thanks.

I can confirm level 3. I hit it exactly:

Bronze - 20 - 20

Silver - 4 - 8

Gold - 2 - 12

Thanks for the info dangly.

That helps a lot.

You currently have 158 "points" so I'm going to say the jump to level 5 happens at 160.

Let us know when you cross over so we can confirm...

Unfortunately that's not really close to what I predicted.

I've recalculated the fit with a 3rd order equation:

POINTS NEEDED = 1.9x^3 - 1.7x^2 + 21.3x - 15.6

Where "x" is the level you're seeking.

That says level 6 will take 278 total points.

I guess we'll have to wait until more games are patched to find out how close that is.

Thanks again for your input everybody.

There may be a simpler calculation if you disregard the jump from level 1 to 2.

The other jumps seem to double... 40 to 80 and 80 to 160. That could mean the next jump is 320 total points, and that would mean a 1 level difference would mean somebody is twice (or half) as good as somebody 1 level above or below. That seems like an awfully big jump to me.

I hope that trend doesn't continue...

There may be a simpler calculation if you disregard the jump from level 1 to 2.

The other jumps seem to double... 40 to 80 and 80 to 160. That could mean the next jump is 320 total points, and that would mean a 1 level difference would mean somebody is twice (or half) as good as somebody 1 level above or below. That seems like an awfully big jump to me.

I hope that trend doesn't continue...

Yeah, I think you'll find that it's rounded. I've worked with decimals while figuring out the value of the trophies themselves but it was simpler than I thought.

I would help, but I've been very busy these days. An easier way would be to measure the XP bar, and your XP progress and try to hit the 50% mark or 25% or 75%. I think that would give you better numbers.

I'd like to suggest contacting JakeSS since he can capture from his PS3 to his PC (I think), that way it'll be easier to work with the measurement. I know it's not necessary but it might make it a lot simpler.

I mean my whole point is that, with a percentage it would be much easier to figure out. And with measuring the xp bar and your xp progress you can find the percentage.

Edited by HenryHSH