PS3 Move Controller Not Working/Solution

poetic_justice_

For over three months I have been playing with two move controllers and charging them on a DreamGear charging station (not the Sony mini USB cable) without any issues. Sports Champion, the Fight Lights Out, Zumba, TV Superstars, EyePet - everything was working fine.

Yesterday, out of the blue, both PS3 Move controllers refuse to connect. Bam. The lights flash red quickly, then after 3-5 seconds the lights go out and they are dead. The controllers were both at least 2/3 charged, so I knew the batteries weren't an issue.

After scouring the internet for answers, recharging the controllers, and using a paperclip to push the reset button, I found a solution.

I simply connected the original Sony mini USB charger to both controllers, then touched the PS button. Instant success. :applause: As I said, I have been using both controllers for months and without issue, and connnectivity was never a problem until yesterday.

After removing the mini USB charger, the Move controllers continued to work fine. My controllers were not fully charged, I did not leave them on more than 20 seconds. For whatever reason, the Move controllers only synced through the mini USB cable. Nothing on the XMB menu worked - the PS3 would not recognize they were there - the solution was all that little Sony cable. Weird. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it the same way?

This link was the most helpful, although it appears the solution does not work for everyone: Move Navigation controller not working - Page 2 - Official PlayStation® Community -PlayStation.com

For over three months I have been playing with two move controllers and charging them on a DreamGear charging station (not the Sony mini USB cable) without any issues. Sports Champion, the Fight Lights Out, Zumba, TV Superstars, EyePet - everything was working fine.

Yesterday, out of the blue, both PS3 Move controllers refuse to connect. Bam. The lights flash red quickly, then after 3-5 seconds the lights go out and they are dead. The controllers were both at least 2/3 charged, so I knew the batteries weren't an issue.

After scouring the internet for answers, recharging the controllers, and using a paperclip to push the reset button, I found a solution.

I simply connected the original Sony mini USB charger to both controllers, then touched the PS button. Instant success. :applause: As I said, I have been using both controllers for months and without issue, and connnectivity was never a problem until yesterday.

After removing the mini USB charger, the Move controllers continued to work fine. My controllers were not fully charged, I did not leave them on more than 20 seconds. For whatever reason, the Move controllers only synced through the mini USB cable. Nothing on the XMB menu worked - the PS3 would not recognize they were there - the solution was all that little Sony cable. Weird. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it the same way?

This link was the most helpful, although it appears the solution does not work for everyone: Move Navigation controller not working - Page 2 - Official PlayStation® Community -PlayStation.com

I get this exact problem with my Navigation controller... any idea how to get that to work?