Historical Video Games

ManCityhasBANK

I always thought that video games should pay more homage to some of the events that have shaped the world. Shogun and such explore different realms of history.

Which historical event or era would you like to see produced in a video game?:think:

Obviously Sims already did midieval times....

Cheers.

I always thought that video games should pay more homage to some of the events that have shaped the world. Shogun and such explore different realms of history.

Which historical event or era would you like to see produced in a video game?:think:

Obviously Sims already did midieval times....

Cheers.

Well, certainly the Three Kingdoms period and the Sengoku period (which I presume is what it meant by Shogun) have been done to death in Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, etc.

I would like to see something on the American Revolution, actually.

I'd love to see another insight into a Medieval period, perhaps the Hundred Years War or Spanish Armada.

I think a revisit to Victorian England with Jack the Ripper prowling the streets of Whitechapel would make for a good horror type game. Yes, it's been done before, but there is so much more potential now with the new consoles.

I'd love to see another insight into a Medieval period, perhaps the Hundred Years War or Spanish Armada.

I think a revisit to Victorian England with Jack the Ripper prowling the streets of Whitechapel would make for a good horror type game. Yes, it's been done before, but there is so much more potential now with the new consoles.

Ah, I would very much like that. At least, a more engaging and more accurate representation of these eras on the PS3.

A game about the 9/11 terrorist attack

Way, way too soon for that mate.

I would like to see a jRPG with Action-Battle system about the fall of Edo period and the establishment of the Meiji period in Japan.

Playing as a rogue Samurai, last of his kind to destroy his kind. Damn, there is much potential for great story, plot twists and enemies. And yes, I am a fan of Kenshin :D

Abraham Lincoln: Resurrection/Revenge

The greatest of presidents has been assassinated. After a top-secret government project, the Abe is back, ready to search the 34 United States for his killer. Along the way, find and collect various bills and participate in debates with Steven Douglas.

Columbus: The Lost Episodes

After hearing rumors that he wasn't the first to actually discover America, Columbus set out to make a real name for himself. Commandeering his fleet of ships back from the Spain, he sets off once again into the ocean blue. Only this time, Columbus is flying the black flag, eager to discover and pillage for the good of history.

I really wish there was an actual realistic game based on the medieval ages.

No dragons, no magic spells, no bullsh*t races like elves or fictional dwarves-

I want a game that was about that time period, and just that. And I don't

want it to be an RTS- but an action adventure game.

The game could follow the life of a man who aspires to become a knight of

the castle and who's journey leads him to rebel against the same king he

once looked up to.

It would be nice to see a game that truly shows of the medieval heirarchial

class, the mythical beliefs of the impoverished downtrodden, the obvious

discrimination and religious biggotry that was decreed by law from the King

and the Church.

Your journey could unfold to something similiar of Robin Hood, or you could

rise in the ranks as a reknown guardsman, or even become a saint. Maybe

that's too much for game developers to wrap their heads around, but I

would love a realistic portrayal of an age that is constantly shown in the

light of fantasy and mythology.

And no, Assassin's Creed doesn't even come close to that vision for me.

Edited by Rogkun

I would like to see a jRPG with Action-Battle system about the fall of Edo period and the establishment of the Meiji period in Japan.

Playing as a rogue Samurai, last of his kind to destroy his kind. Damn, there is much potential for great story, plot twists and enemies. And yes, I am a fan of Kenshin :D

I'm with this one for sure, the Japanese history is awesome and could make for an amazing game:applause:

I would like a game about Gumball Rally I know it hasn't really shaped our world but its a major global event and driving through countries on real roads as opposed to racing tracks would be so kool possibly even getting chased down by cops - the potential is huge!

world at war was a somewhat historical game. they used a biography of a man who fought in okinawa and peleliu as a major reference. now, it was a call of duty game but still. based on actual events. i've heard of them trying to make that game about fallujah they never got to make. medal of honor was supposed to be an accurate account. i've never played it though. the oregon trail. several rts games include a little history.

I've said similar things before in other threads but i'll say it again here, cause you never know who could be reading ;)

For me there can never be too many games with samurai & ninja in them, yea i know there are a few out there already, but none have really hit the spot for me yet.

I'd like to see a really detailed & long game, where the devs really do their homework on what it was like to live a life as one of these ancient warriors.

The game could follow two children (one Samurai, one Ninja) from birth to (probably bloody) death, follow their experiences & training through the different & rival clans that they would be a part of.

The game could also take on a more realistic feel as well, by including more about their relationships with family, friends, partners, other villagers etc, really all areas of life & not just about fighting, battles, training, cool weapons & so on.

This would help create a more balanced game & possibly offer more interest to a wider audience of gamers.

The more realistic the game could be, the more i'd get into it & enjoy it thats for sure.

Edited by Formless11

Hmm... I could think of a few character concepts and places that haven't seen much coverage in games.

The moon: More games that are placed on the moon. Perhaps weird space creatures that have mutated there that you have to kill. Or an entire civilization on the moon.

Dinosaurs: A game where you get to play as a dinosaur hunting for it's prey. It's not a game as such but a how long you can survive game. You get 1 point for every second you're alive. And then you have to avoid being eaten by other dinosaurs in increasing difficulty.

Lego shooter: Exactly what the name implies, a lego shooter game. You can edit your own levels and upload them online this time.