Can I log in my PS3 username on a different PS3 system to get trophies?

GregOfTheDead-

ok, im new to the PS3 and heres my situation- I currently have my PS3 here at home but will be going away for 2+ months and wont be able to bring my PS3 with me. The place where im staying does have a PS3 that I can use. Is there a way to log in on that PS3 and get trophies on my name?

I have an xbox 360 too and its very easy to just pop my gamertag on a memory card and log in on the other system, but I have no idea how things work on the PS3 side, can anyone help this noob out? thanks!

Yeah you dont need to put your account on a memory card or anything. Just turn on the "new" ps3 and go all the way to the left on the xmb where you can select what user you want to play under. Just go up to where it allows you to create a new user. Make the user whatever name you want and log in to that user. Go right on the xmb until you are under the playstation network tab. You should have the option to create a psn account where it would normally allow you to login. Go to that and it should ask you whether you want to create a new account or use an existing one. Just click on use an existing one and enter your info like you would to log in to the psn. It should automatically asign this new user to your account and you should be good to go. Just click on your name under your buddy list to resynch your trophies before you play any games. Also follow mjc's advice regarding synching your trophies before you leave your current ps3.

Sorry if the directions are confusing, but I havent done this in a few months so I dont remember exactly. Hope this helps

no man, this actually helps alot, thanks! A few quick additional questions- do I need to log out or do anything besides synching my trophies on PS3 #1 before I leave? As far as I know, nobody will be using it so it should not be turned on.

Also, when I eventually leave PS3 #2, is there a way to "log out" my user there or delete my account (without it affecting my trophies of course)?

Lastly, this is probably a given, but any save files I have on PS3 #2 will have to remain there right? So whatever I do on that second PS3 will be only for that location.

my apologies if these q's sound confusing!

no man, this actually helps alot, thanks! A few quick additional questions- do I need to log out or do anything besides synching my trophies on PS3 #1 before I leave? As far as I know, nobody will be using it so it should not be turned on.

No there is no need to do anything on the first PS3. Just synch the trophies and you should be fine. However, if you are playing a game on ps3#2 and someone accidentally signs on ps3#1 you will be logged out of your game. For this reason you may want to just delete your password or something from ps3#1 before you go so this doesnt happen

Also, when I eventually leave PS3 #2, is there a way to "log out" my user there or delete my account (without it affecting my trophies of course)?

You can simply delete the whole user from the ps3 when you are ready to leave. Just go to the left on the xmb where the users are and find the user you want to delete. Hit triangle and go up to delete and it should be gone. This will in no way affect your trophies as long as you synch them first

Lastly, this is probably a given, but any save files I have on PS3 #2 will have to remain there right? So whatever I do on that second PS3 will be only for that location.

my apologies if these q's sound confusing!

There are some save files that you can transfer between consoles as long as they are used under the same psn id as far as I know. I may be wrong on this but I think only some games require it to be on the same ps3. I know Resident Evil 5 doesnt allow you to use the save on a different console but I dont have a complete list. Maybe do a little bit of research regarding specific games if you are planning on putting a lot of time into them

Hope this helps again, post any more questions you may have

actually one last question haha, this is kinda off topic from my original post, but how do you make a PS3 signature that displays your trophies and whatnot? I saw a thread that went to a PS3 UK site and it asked me for my email and password to my account, that site is legit right? thanks!

Yeah that site is legit if it is through playstation. If you dont trust that you can use playfire.com but it requires you to manually enter in your trophies. For this reason it is rather annoying and isnt as trusted because you can lie about what trophies you have. After you make it just copy the BB code from wherever you made the card. Go to your user CP on this site and click on edit signature and just paste the BB code in there. Actually I see you have a 360 card so you probably know this already :D