Delete patch/update to keep 100% completion

kargorath

Okay, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I really don't like it when I look at games I have a platinum for, but not 100%. I'm not paying more for DLC, because it's often overpriced for what you get.

Examples:

NFS: Hot Pursuit (P) 72%

Mafia 2 (P) 73%

L.A. Noire (P) 63%

So what I want to know is if I delete the updates that I downloaded for the game will it mean my percentage will go back up to 100%. I'm scared to do any deleting in case I lose my trophies.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

As said, deleting the game data won't delete your trophies. Trophies are saved to your PS3 and once you sync them, they're saved onto Sony's servers.

There's a trick however, so that some games even with DLC are 100% on your list. For example. I played (P) RDR and completed the first DLC. After a while, my friend wanted it back. More and more DLC got added, but I can't update the game, so it still showed 100% on my trophy list :D But when comparing or looking at my trophy card, it says something like 68%. However, it does show up as 68% on my list right now. No idea how it happened :o

Edited by Vuule

Plus even if that did work, it'd just be on your own PS3... the Internet still knows everything.

On a side note, that's pretty much why I didn't play LA Noire, because it had so much DLC pretty much announced and lined up before the game was even out.

Which is also why this article makes me feel bad:

http://www.nxus.co/forum/the-nexus/l-a-noire-studio-team-bondi-shuts-its-doors/

Edited by R353ARCH D35TROY

I think they should at least allow you delete games with 0% like the 360 eventually added because I know a lot of people who have started a game on someone else's profile by mistake, instead of signing into there own and now that person has a 0% there forever, unless they want to play a game they don't like that is.

I think they should at least allow you delete games with 0% like the 360 eventually added because I know a lot of people who have started a game on someone else's profile by mistake, instead of signing into there own and now that person has a 0% there forever, unless they want to play a game they don't like that is.

It would be a great option to add but... Only time will tell if we will finally get it!

OMG OH NO!!! NOT A 0% ...

I cant believe people are really that OCD when it comes to a game thats gonna stay at 0% and never be played again, or that DLC changes the percentage of the trophies earned for that game (Like it should)

Seriously, you know you arent ever gonna play that game sitting at 0% so what does it bother you? Do you think someones gonna go "Hey i cant believe you got 0% on Hannah Montana, its so easy!"

Anyway.. To answer the questions in this thread, theres nothing you can delete from the ps3 that will get rid of DLC trophies. If you manage to get them removed doing god knows what, the next time you sync your trophies it will redownload all the trophy list from the sony server and you will be right back where you started.

I cant believe people are really that OCD when it comes to a game thats gonna stay at 0% and never be played again, or that DLC changes the percentage of the trophies earned for that game (Like it should)

I read somewhere else and I agree with the idea that you should be able to 100% platinum a game and any other DLC that is subsequently released adds to the %, meaning you might end up with 118% completion.

Or maybe a better idea is that the completion percentage doesn't change until you actually download the DLC, that seems to make a lot more sense to me. And then I wouldn't have to go OCD and get annoyed about it. Grrr.

OMG OH NO!!! NOT A 0% ...

Seriously, you know you arent ever gonna play that game sitting at 0% so what does it bother you? Do you think someones gonna go "Hey i cant believe you got 0% on Hannah Montana, its so easy!"

Anyway.. To answer the questions in this thread, theres nothing you can delete from the ps3 that will get rid of DLC trophies. If you manage to get them removed doing god knows what, the next time you sync your trophies it will redownload all the trophy list from the sony server and you will be right back where you started.

That's the problem, if you don't have the same level of OCD as other people have then you will have a difficult time of understanding it. And it would bother me too having a game at 0%. I do everything I can to achieve 100% in every game that I play.

If you lost a leg then I wouldn't say I understand how much pain it causes you now would I? Because I've never lost a leg before. Same thing applies for all other things you're trying to understand, if you don't have the same problem then don't post a stupid comment on how you don't understand it.

Everyone is individual and different.

I read somewhere else and I agree with the idea that you should be able to 100% platinum a game and any other DLC that is subsequently released adds to the %, meaning you might end up with 118% completion.

You can't complete anything to more than 100% completion, it's technically impossible by definition.

Okay, say a game comes out and has 51 trophies (50 normal, 1 platinum). If you get all 50 trophies, since you don't count the platinum, you've completed the game 100%. This seems reasonable.

Then a while later some DLC comes out, and it gives the game 10 more trophies. For argument sake we'll say the points value ratio is the same as the main trophies, so you're getting 20% more trophies; or you now have only 50/60 trophies = 83% (since you lack 16.66%).

Therefore, without the DLC, you now can't say you've completed the whole game to 100% completion, if we use the number of available trophies as a gauge.

Also, it would look ridiculous to say that it should be something like 120% if you complete the original game plus the extra 20% of trophies. No, arithmetic doesn't work like that.

If you're a perfectionist (as you already state), completion should only ever be 100%. If DLC is subsequently released, it's only natural and obvious that your trophy completion is no longer 100% if you haven't actually achieved the new trophies. Note the phrase trophy completion. You can't seriously say you have 100% trophy completion if you haven't lol.

At the end of the day, the main issue is that Sony want us to buy DLC... and this will happen because people don't like their Burnout Paradise platinum at 53% or whatever.

Edited by squodge

In order for a trophy list which contains DLC to show 100% completion you have to buy the DLC and earn all of the trophies along with it (assuming you've already obtain the original game's trophies). You can skip the update and it will show 100% completion if you've obtained all of the original game's trophies, but it's only on your system. To everyone else that looks at the game it will show the proper percentage with DLC trophies included. This makes me think of when I got 100% on Worms 2. I was all like "yay another game that says 100% without DLC!". Then a few weeks later BAM it drops to like 61% because of tons of new DLC with trophies :( I don't care though, I'm not droppin' $20 just for some trophies and a number.

You can't complete anything to more than 100% completion, it's technically impossible by definition.

Okay, say a game comes out and has 51 trophies (50 normal, 1 platinum). If you get all 50 trophies, since you don't count the platinum, you've completed the game 100%. This seems reasonable.

Then a while later some DLC comes out, and it gives the game 10 more trophies. For argument sake we'll say the points value ratio is the same as the main trophies, so you're getting 20% more trophies; or you now have only 50/60 trophies = 83% (since you lack 16.66%).

Therefore, without the DLC, you now can't say you've completed the whole game to 100% completion, if we use the number of available trophies as a gauge.

Also, it would look ridiculous to say that it should be something like 120% if you complete the original game plus the extra 20% of trophies. No, arithmetic doesn't work like that.

If you're a perfectionist (as you already state), completion should only ever be 100%. If DLC is subsequently released, it's only natural and obvious that your trophy completion is no longer 100% if you haven't actually achieved the new trophies. Note the phrase trophy completion. You can't seriously say you have 100% trophy completion if you haven't lol.

At the end of the day, the main issue is that Sony want us to buy DLC... and this will happen because people don't like their Burnout Paradise platinum at 53% or whatever.

ur right sony wont change it b/c they want u to buy the dlc. but the % doesnt matter whether its 120% or 83% if u consider your level and amount of trophies and the percent each trophy is. if every other trophy is a diff percent on its own. why not be able to have 120% it is academically right. because your level, trophy amount, and overall percent wont change. just the percent shown for each individual game

Actually you can get Burnout Platinum at about 45%. I think that going above 100% would be a better idea.

Okay, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I really don't like it when I look at games I have a platinum for, but not 100%. I'm not paying more for DLC, because it's often overpriced for what you get.

Examples:

NFS: Hot Pursuit (P) 72%

Mafia 2 (P) 73%

L.A. Noire (P) 63%

So what I want to know is if I delete the updates that I downloaded for the game will it mean my percentage will go back up to 100%. I'm scared to do any deleting in case I lose my trophies.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

You have to like Worms as well. 27 out of 75 trophies and you can have a platinum :D

I am all about completion. I think my platinum percentage rate is slightly over 90%, but at the end of the day you have to concede DLC at some point. Some games will release DLC later on after you might have already returned a game.

I tried doing the DLC, but it starts getting really really expensive. I don't mind doing it, but if it is expensive or not fun forget it.

I find it odd that you call yourself a perfectionist - if this were true, surely you'd just buy the DLC and get the 100% again? Problem solved... didn't take a lot of lateral thinking!

I guess then I'm not a rich perfectionist! DLC often costs more than I paid for the game in the first place, I still think the % shouldn't go down until you actually download the DLC. So it stays at 100% until you get the DLC and then it decreases to, for example 63% in the case L.A. Noire.

I guess then I'm not a rich perfectionist! DLC often costs more than I paid for the game in the first place, I still think the % shouldn't go down until you actually download the DLC. So it stays at 100% until you get the DLC and then it decreases to, for example 63% in the case L.A. Noire.

Can I add you to my friends list on PS3 homie? I myself am OCD and 100%'er, or just on this site is fine too. Let me know brosef. :)