XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > PlayStation Conversation > PS3 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Petition to stop Sony from Banning for Boosting

I'll move this petition to here since it seems like a more applicable place.

You may or may not like boosting, but as long as they keep making difficult (sometimes retardedly difficult) trophies online, it is necessary to stop them from banning people from their accounts due to boosting. Sony calls it cheating due to "disrupting the community." Whether you like boosting or not, honestly when has it ever negatively affected you when someone boosted for a trophy? It's simply cooperating to get to the goal in a more reasonable time. I am fighting Sony on this (with help from my laywer friend), and need some people to stand against them on this.

Whether you 1) hate the difficult online trophies, 2) hate them saying that it is an offense that could result in the perminant ban of your account (including losing all of your purchased data), or 3) like being able to boost, you should all join us in this petition.

Terminator made a good quote that, with permission, he is letting me use to clarify the difference in what people may consider boosting. Note that this petition is only supporting trophy boosting. Sometimes there can be an overlap (meaning you will level up and get medals), but when the intent is for a trophy, the booster doesn't care about the other "gains" that they will get. His post in the other forum was the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
You can had me to the petition:

Terminator - HuntingFever

I personally believe there's 3 sorts of boosting:

1: There's the "COD" style stat padding where people get together to cheat and glitch their way to the best gear.

2: The "Lost Planet" and "Fight Night Round 4" style trophy ransoms where selfish people work together to deny others key trophies or try and force others to pay for access to them.

3: The "EndWar" style co-op boost where you work together to obtain otherwise hard or impossible to get trophies, especially if it's in a private match.

Boosting for trophies is never wrong, especially if it's for hard as hell or dead games like KZ2, RE5, Resistance 2 etc. Boosting is only ever wrong if it's in a game were there's no online trophies.

Instead of going after trophy boosters, they should be focusing on the hackers, glitchers, of which I've seen loads on the KZ2 and Resistance 2 servers, and the Trophy Hostage Takers.

Boosting wouldn't be necessary if the online trophies for some games weren't a pain to get.

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF SONY RETALIATING AS THAT WOULD BE ILLEGAL

You can list whatever you feel comfortable as your name on this (only John Hancock was fearless enough to sign legibly for instance), so first name and last initial is fine if you want to keep it annonymous.

1. Sean J. - Conceptfly
2. Lee J. - Half_sober
3. Terminator - HuntingFever
4. weephilymcvey
5. AC47
6. maniac81
7. Jeremiah J. - Waden34
8. mjfan97
9. A CorpseMess
10. Calamaistr
11. Stork77
12. sacrifice_01
13. Sin-City-Big-Boy
14. DanDx
15. hunterelf
16. Randy03
17. AJ1127
18. bucky212_DE
19. Devon H - The_Omniscient
20. 11anthony

Last edited by Conceptfly; 05-28-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   10,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Word of Mouth - Gold   Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Member of the Month Winner   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conceptfly View Post
(with help from my laywer friend)
Lol.

Anyway, wont happen. Even if you show Sony 10.000 names. And really, how many people have you seen that got banned from PSN because of boosting?

Quote:
honestly when has it ever negatively affected you when someone boosted for a trophy?
Depends on what they're boosting and how they do it.

Check out my YouTube for Trophy Guides and More!
My Trophies THL S6 Sig&Ava by [PS3T]kira

Looking for someone to get the Strength of Our Alliance trophy
in Lord of the Rings: War in the North.
PSN: k1ll1ng5pr33-NL

Old 05-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

here is my question
how are they going to ban boosting end online gaming lol
Old 05-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

First time its a 2 day suspension, then a 3 day, then perminant... and they've started the process with me. I actually talked with the corporate office about this and am in the process of attempting to show them that there is a community of boosters. It will make a difference with the right push... but I would need your names of support.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

STOP CHEATING.I hope all boosters get banned...
Old 05-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you cant get a trophy without boosting, then you are simply not worthy to get it.

Quote:
honestly when has it ever negatively affected you when someone boosted for a trophy?
FIFA and NHL, Goaltenders who let their friend do 15 goals in one game.

Last edited by torskeye; 05-26-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Tell me, what is considered boosting? Every games asking for grinding, you'll be boosting to some extent. If you're playing using the criteria allowed by the game, I don't see how it is cheating, and I also don't see how they can say who is boosting and who is not.

Blame the developpers who put grindind Online trophies, not the player who just use the system the way it is allowed. Remove any kind of grinding Online trophies, and you'll have your problem solved

Last edited by Drac Mazoku; 05-26-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torskeye View Post
If you cant get a trophy without boosting, then you are simply not worthy to get it.
Get the 10000 kills and 1000 wins trophy in Chronicles of Riddick without boosting and then come back here when you have the plat.

As far as I'm aware, this is only Sony run games, like The Show and Killzone. Most games from 3rd parties are not heavily moderated. I disagree with what Sony does as it doesn't affect anyone else but I would never petition it. Just boycott the games with police moderators and you'll be fine.

What game is it you got in trouble on?
Old 05-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award   Bright Idea!   Member of the Month Winner   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder777 View Post
STOP CHEATING.I hope all boosters get banned...
Boosting is not cheating. Not in my book anyway. There are way too many insane online trophies which make it impossible not to boost. I doubt Sony will ban people for boosting.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

There's only very few trophies I'd boost for *cough* AWP *cough* so it wouldn't bug me if boosting became a bannable offense. We'll just have to see what happens but I doubt anything will be made of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum View Post
Boosting is not cheating. Not in my book anyway. There are way too many insane online trophies which make it impossible not to boost. I doubt Sony will ban people for boosting.
Agreed. I remember they used to encourage teamwork back in school to help quicken the discovery of a solution.

Last edited by joeyc138; 05-26-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Closed Thread