Which Games Use The PS3s Full Potential?

Kahalachan

Right now, any game on the PS3 looks just as good on the Xbox. The exclusives don't look better than the cross platform games. But the PS3 is the more powerful hardware.

Is Uncharted 2 the game that pushes the PS3 the most? Or is there some other game that really shows off its processing power? If Uncharted 2 is the one, then I guess it looks and plays slightly better than Xbox360 games but not that much.

Errr.....just a technical curiousity, please don't turn this into fanboy BS. :p

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly games that are PS3 exclusive, DCUO, for instance. Couldn't possibly run on a 360. Same with Killzone 3, inFAMOUS 2 and yes, Uncharted.

Which one pushes the PS3 the most? Do you know?

I know there's different aspects. Some games might use up resources for graphics while others use up the PS3's computing power for other things.

But like overall which one really shows off the power of the PS3 the best?

well i for 1 was in awe of metal gear solid 4 when it first came out and there are many game's that shine more then if the was on x-box.

however i think kojima said it best himself when talking about metal gear rising. they are just barely starting to be able to use the system to it's full possibility's.

so that givein and the way mgs4 looked, just think that they was not fully useing it, plus you gotta look at the software that the compony's are giveing out so that people can even make game's for their system's.

i'v heard that the program's they give are kinda watered down for sony just so it's easyer for people to use where as x-box, most game's are done from in house and not someone else.

so now whith all that said just think how ps3 could look if the proper program was givein out and people would use it to the max and not just try to play it safe.

past that i'd say follow other's with killzone 3 or even go for crysis 2.

I tried googling the answer and found this little tidbit. Pretty neat.

What the DoD’s PlayStation-powered Condor Cluster means for the future of supercomputing | Smartplanet

So apparently the 33rd most powerful computer in the world is 1,700 PS3s connected to each other and run by the Department of Defense.

So whatever military simulations are run on that would definitely answer my question. But probably not really classified as a game. :p

I tried googling the answer and found this little tidbit. Pretty neat.

What the DoD’s PlayStation-powered Condor Cluster means for the future of supercomputing | Smartplanet

So apparently the 33rd most powerful computer in the world is 1,700 PS3s connected to each other and run by the Department of Defense.

So whatever military simulations are run on that would definitely answer my question. But probably not really classified as a game. :p

Except, if I remember correctly, they were using a different OS, and since Sony updated the PS3 firmware disallowing the use of different OS's, the DoD could no longer use their PS3 supercomputer.

LA Noire is going to push the ps3 to it's limit, or at least push the blu ray. It's gonna fill up the blu ray (3 discs on xbox) so that it can include everything. It's actually funny because it's so massive because it needs room for all the facial expressions and pubic hair. I'm not even kidding, it's in an article somewhere.

LA Noire is going to push the ps3 to it's limit, or at least push the blu ray. It's gonna fill up the blu ray (3 discs on xbox) so that it can include everything. It's actually funny because it's so massive because it needs room for all the facial expressions and pubic hair. I'm not even kidding, it's in an article somewhere.

Pubes? Awesome, I heard this from a GameStop employee but I thought he was full of it.

Except, if I remember correctly, they were using a different OS, and since Sony updated the PS3 firmware disallowing the use of different OS's, the DoD could no longer use their PS3 supercomputer.

Would this really be connected to the PSN to be able to receive the updates? I figured this was just using the PS3s hardware linked together.

The DoD wouldn't be happy spending over a hundred thousand for this and no longer being able to use it. Sony had to do something to correct this.

Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots filled a Dual Layer ( 50GB ) Blu-Ray disc. So far it's the only game to do so.

And L.A. Noire is the first game I know of to fill a normal Blu-Ray ( So they say, we'll see when people start digging ) . I think Final Fantasy XIII was close, but content was cut out of it.

As far as technically... I don't know. A lot of Developers claim that they pushed the console to the limit like Crytek ( E3: Crysis 2 pushes PS3 to "limits" News - PC - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net ). Team ICO said they reached it's limits, ( The Last Guardian Uncovers Full Potential of the PS3's Hardware | PlayStation LifeStyle ) and there are probably more examples.

However, for one definitive answer... I don't have that.

well going by disc sizes, Killzone 3 is the largest so far @ 41GB and God of War 3 is a close second @ 39GB.

mind you killzone has 3D and gow does`nt.

I think gow pushes the limits more, that real time blood splatter on kratos must be a real resource hog

Who knows the true potential of the platform anyway?

Games to date like the Uncharted Series and Gran Turismo 5 have taken the PS3 to the new level in terms of Graphics and Gameplay.

However i do believe that if one game producer does reach the full potential it will be Rockstar Productions, as games like GTA 4 and L.A Noire which is coming out soon, will give the PlayStation an unparalleled power as a games console

I have been and still am a long time Xbox 360 user. I purchased my PS3 maybe a year and a half ago because I loved my PS2 and because of God of War 3. Now, when I purchased the PS3 i also purchased Metal Gear Solid 4 because I liked the old ones. I played thru God of War 3 and it Looked incredible, BUT when I first put in MGS4 I Was blown away. And my first thought was there is no game that i have ever played on 360 that looks like this and is this fluid. I dont know any special numbers for what game uses the all the ps3's power but MGS4 has to be be top 3.