XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >

Old 05-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #51
fletchar2

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   5,000 Posts   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Gold   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Jack of All Trades   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGate55555 View Post
Well I think that would be LA Noire once it comes out in a week or so and 25GB of game data on a single disk
wtf, is that literally the amount of space it takes upon your ps3? or is it only the disk?

Thanks to RED_REBEL44 for the signature!
Beginner's Guide | Spoiler Tags | Contact the Staff | Site Awards | Report Button
THL Bingo Tiles: 19/25
fletchar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #52
Kronko58

Idk... La Noir does not look that graphic intensive to me

and dragon age origins takes up 20gb's on the computer hard disk plus expansion and dlc. which makes it well over 25

Last edited by Kronko58; 05-09-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Kronko58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #53
Crowquilt

Send a message via Yahoo to Crowquilt

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

@fletchar2, amazing sig XD hopefully it won't have trophies as backbreaking as the dlc. i heard it was O_o

And atm. Something that'll push the ps3 to it's hardest is a game with so much going on the screen and CAN STILL, retain a smooth 60fps. Well, i still think god of war and castlevania push the graphical limits, but castlevania nearly won if not for it's gritty edges and corners. They come as gritty for me. What else? Uncharted wasn't as graphically impressive though. it was 75 outta a 100 if graphically speaking. i mean three outta a quarter of what games should be looking like now today. I can't think of anyhthing else really.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #54
mattybell2117

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazadriel View Post
Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots filled a Dual Layer ( 50GB ) Blu-Ray disc. So far it's the only game to do so.

And L.A. Noire is the first game I know of to fill a normal Blu-Ray ( So they say, we'll see when people start digging ) . I think Final Fantasy XIII was close, but content was cut out of it.

As far as technically... I don't know. A lot of Developers claim that they pushed the console to the limit like Crytek ( E3: Crysis 2 pushes PS3 to "limits" News - PC - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net ). Team ICO said they reached it's limits, ( The Last Guardian Uncovers Full Potential of the PS3's Hardware | PlayStation LifeStyle ) and there are probably more examples.

However, for one definitive answer... I don't have that.
I swear I must've got a defective disc or my ps3 is broken or something because I don't know wtf Crytek and everyone else that thinks Crysis 2 has the best graphics is smoking. I honestly don't think the graphics are that incredible. Like it's definitely playable but I'm sitting 2 feet away from a 24" 1080p LED tv using an HDMI cord and the graphics just don't impress me. Again, not saying they're bad but they don't deserve the insane amount of praise they're getting.

It surprises me that a game like MGS4 is one of the most graphically stunning games of this generation yet it was released in what, 2008 or something? Seems like there would have been a game released in the last 2.5 years that could've rivaled it. I think L.A. Noire will come close but I don't think they'll be better.

I think the graphics aren't as good because so many devs are trying to add MP into everything and blockbuster games are being pumped out almost weekly. Like literally every week or at most every 3 weeks, there's a game that comes out that's worth playing. I think devs feel like if they can't keep up to this pace, they're gonna fall behind so as much as they try to make their games look good, they could probably look better if they put more time into each game.

My First Guide: MX vs ATV Trophy Guide and Roadmap
mattybell2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #55
beanietheman

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Crysis 2 uses all platforms to full potential but heavy rain maxamises the ps3's power that y it won so many awards
beanietheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #56
beanietheman

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchar2 View Post
wtf, is that literally the amount of space it takes upon your ps3? or is it only the disk?
agree la noire graphics ent tht gd tbh
beanietheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #57
Jonex

Send a message via MSN to Jonex Send a message via Skype™ to Jonex

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGate55555 View Post
Well I think that would be LA Noire once it comes out in a week or so and 25GB of game data on a single disk
Surely that's just maxing out the blu ray disc's full potential though?

Jonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #58
Sanguis Corvi

I'm not sure if any games have really maxed it out yet. I remember during the back half of the PS2's life cycle how some devs would talk about hitting the limit of what it could do and finding ways around that. Some devs have been saying that about the 360 for a year or two now, but I can't think of any saying that yet about the PS3. The biggest obstacle to using it's full potential could actually be money. How many resources and hours of work would it take to create a game that squeezes every last ounce out of the PS3?

If we're just talking about graphics then GoW3 and MGS4 are probably the best looking games, but I don't know if they're the best possible looking games.

No....I did not hack my Fuel plat.

I do NOT gameshare or earn trophies on other PSNs,
so please stop asking.

Sanguis Corvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #59
Jonex

Send a message via MSN to Jonex Send a message via Skype™ to Jonex

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
I'm not sure if any games have really maxed it out yet. I remember during the back half of the PS2's life cycle how some devs would talk about hitting the limit of what it could do and finding ways around that. Some devs have been saying that about the 360 for a year or two now, but I can't think of any saying that yet about the PS3. The biggest obstacle to using it's full potential could actually be money. How many resources and hours of work would it take to create a game that squeezes every last ounce out of the PS3?

If we're just talking about graphics then GoW3 and MGS4 are probably the best looking games, but I don't know if they're the best possible looking games.
Have you played Killzone 2 or 3? The PS3 is almost 6 years old now, I think the potential has been reached in those titles. They stand out amongst all console games

Jonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #60
For All Time

For me I would say: Gran Turismo 5.

Your concrete heart isn't beating, And I've tried to, Make it come alive

I'm still alive ~ Lisa Miskovsky
For All Time is offline   Reply With Quote