XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > PlayStation Conversation > PS1, PS2, & PSP Discussion

View Poll Results: Your favourite playstation system
Ps1 73 14.31%
Ps2 132 25.88%
Ps3 305 59.80%
Voters: 510. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Post Ps1 Ps2 or Ps3 your favourite?

Out of all 3 main playstation systems (no psps etc) which is your personal favourite

remember illogical is the logical way to be illogical
Will accept friend requests expect blank requests
Baikendesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

PS3- I've owned all systems and for any setbacks it;s been mostly improvements while some of the games on the older systems are "classics" and will never go out of style we still see some amazing moves forward in gaming that if you avoid some of the filler you find quite a rich assortment.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

PS3, the only great game i remember playing on the PS2 was Bully. I didn't play games that much when i had a PS1 and 2. PS3 is where i started gaming a lot more, plus it has some of my all time favorite games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

PS3, I remember having the PS2 but not really having alot of games for it. I never really enjoyed as much as I could. With the PS3 it's a different story.
OnlineKiller-V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

surely you enjoy the most up to date model as long as it has no major flaws with it dont you? ok there are some people that have grown up with certain consoles and have become attached to them, but overall, most people on here would chose to play a ps3 over a ps1 or a n64 or sega megadrive or however far you want to go back.

its just because everything has improved since then and i expect when the ps4 is released (in however long it takes them to find a way to improve on the ps3) then i expect everyone will grow to love that console more than this one. its just how it works.
spratters53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Platinum Trophy Trophies make my games sometimes..

PS3. Why? Because it's got trophy support!

Getting trophies in games is so great because if I want that platinum trophy I'd have to play a game on the hardest difficulty and do stuff that I would not do otherwise if I play the game just to play and enjoy it. For example..

When I play an RPG, I'd try and do all I could before I finish it. The quest itself would be enough fun for me so once I finish it, that's it. Done! No more. Next!

Because of trophies, I fought this stupid turtle about a couple hundred times in Final Fantasy 13 just so I could complete my items collection. Or in Cross Edge where I would collect all these freakin' components just so I could craft weapons I NEVER EVER used. I miss these games..

Trophies!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

I voted for PS2. The catalog for PS2 is just incredible. PS3 is a better console technologically, but is closer to it's competition. The PS2 competition was a freakin' joke, GameCube and Xbox were horrible by comparison.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   2,500 Posts   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bright Idea!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

I like ps2 a little bit more, the classics on the ps2 are always fun to play.
Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to tc31wizard

PS3 hands down. There are classics I still love to play like Wipeout, but trophies have really enhanced gameplay for me.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

PS2, 3 might pick up down the line its improving but this still the worst generation for gamming imo due to devs greed and laziness and the fact that we have 2 consoles spliting/sharing the market instead of 1 clearly dominant one like it were with the NES/SNES, PS1 and PS2 eras.

Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote