Trail Of Corpses question

TenaciousLee

ok thanks, its a random number though isnt it

Not completely random really, I've heard that it's a joke among game developers that started with Dead Rising, which had an achievement where killing 53 594 zombies was required - the exact same amount of population of a town in certain Romero's zombie film. Left 4 Dead wanted to be better so it had an achievement with 53 595 killed zombies. And so Prototype took first place with 53 596 infected kills.

I wonder which game will have 53 597 kills...

Not completely random really, I've heard that it's a joke among game developers that started with Dead Rising, which had an achievement where killing 53 594 zombies was required - the exact same amount of population of a town in certain Romero's zombie film. Left 4 Dead wanted to be better so it had an achievement with 53 595 killed zombies. And so Prototype took first place with 53 596 infected kills.

Id laugh it was on resistance 3 and it was online kills. 10,000 kills took long anoutgh on resistance 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd much prefer to have an online mode with this ... Mindless killing of infected in single player is SOOO time consuming and useless.

I'm only at 35,000! If it were online, at least we could be doing "something" else with our time AS we kill infected. But no ... they had to scrap the multiplayer :(

• 3 months later...
It has to be on one save game. The fastest way to get it is by doing the "Rolling Thunder" kill event over and over.
It does have to hit 53,596 on one single save file to unlock, but the stat does carry over if you play New Game +, so always try to save Rolling Thunder for after you have all your other trophies. That way, through all the games you played, you'll have racked up some kills already, and therefore will need to grind less.

• 1 month later...
Hm, I didn't even attempt this trophy yet but I can already tell how time-consuming it's going to be, as I am only at like 2,500 kills atm lol. Still need to finish the storymode though.

Just make it the last thing you do before your Hard playthrough. I had about 14,000 kills by the time I'd done all the events, collectibles, WOI, etc. Repeating the Rolling Thunder event should take you 2 hours max. It's boring, but the kills rack up very quickly indeed.

For me it wasn't actually that bad. I left this one for last and after doing everything in the game, I had about 18k infected kills. Then I just started doing "Rolling Thunder" over and over. Got the trophy after a few hours, it didn't take too long, and the Thermobaric Tank is a lot of fun.

Now I just need "Revenge Revisited" to get the Plat!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It has to be on one save game. The fastest way to get it is by doing the "Rolling Thunder" kill event over and over.

Yes it has to be on one save file and i was gonna say the quickets way to get this is play the rolling thunder event over and over you get about 1000-1200 kills each time if its a good run through.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So just to clarify, when you do your Hard playthrough, this will not contribute towards trophy?

E.g. I have 20k kills when I finish Normal mode, start Hard mode, get another 10k kills, go back to Normal save to get trophy, I still need 36k+ to get this trophy, correct?

In that case I might just interrupt my Hard game and go finish off this trophy first so I plat on completing Hard mode - I'd thought it was cumulative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...