Prototype 1 New Game + Glitch real?

DavidHolt

I had to come here cause original game forum is dead. So anyway I've heard rumors that there is a Prototype 1 New Game + Glitch where after unlocking Easy NG + than you can play with all you upgrades etc. on Normal and Hard without unlocking Normal-Hard NG +. Is this true or has anybody been able to do it. I found it on super cheats website. Thanx.

Also will you earn the Normal and Hard Difficulty Trophies by doing this glitch. I'm surprised Radical left this in the game. It might work for the 2nd game too.

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you beat the game on any difficulty you will get the New Game + mode that comes with all of your upgrades for any difficulty. Once you select New Game+, you can chose to play under any difficulty (Easy, Medium and Hard) with all of those upgrades. You do not have to play each difficulty to gain New Game+ for that particular difficulty. For example: Beat the game on easy difficulty and you will achieve New Game +. Now, select New Game + and play on any difficulty (ex. Hard) with those ugrades.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you beat the game on any difficulty you will get the New Game + mode that comes with all of your upgrades for any difficulty. Once you select New Game+, you can chose to play under any difficulty (Easy, Medium and Hard) with all of those upgrades. You do not have to play each difficulty to gain New Game+ for that particular difficulty. For example: Beat the game on easy difficulty and you will achieve New Game +. Now, select New Game + and play on any difficulty (ex. Hard) with those ugrades.

That's only true for Prototype 2. In Prototype 1 I don't think you unlocked New game + for hard mode. But it's been so long ago that I might as well be wrong. :whistle:

• 1 month later...
I had to come here cause original game forum is dead. So anyway I've heard rumors that there is a Prototype 1 New Game + Glitch where after unlocking Easy NG + than you can play with all you upgrades etc. on Normal and Hard without unlocking Normal-Hard NG +. Is this true or has anybody been able to do it. I found it on super cheats website. Thanx.

Also will you earn the Normal and Hard Difficulty Trophies by doing this glitch. I'm surprised Radical left this in the game. It might work for the 2nd game too.

tested and incorrect. new game + only unlocks for the difficulty you have beaten the final boss and have saved your game in the free roam afterwards. however, if anyone knows how to glitch it, that would just be fantastic.

• 2 years later...

I know it's been three years and this is pretty obsolete as a topic by now, but as the one who discovered the glitch I thought I'd post how it works in case anyone is still interested.

The glitch takes advantage of an oversight by Radical, namely that if you select a file to use as the base for starting a new game+, but then back out, the game will skip over the load file screen that is used to choose that base file. The fact that you never cancel the loaded file before being allowed to choose another difficulty means the data from the file that had been primed for new game+ is still there and is applied to the next new game you start, even if it's on hard mode which I recall hearing doesn't have a legitimate new game+ of its own.

To answer the question about trophies though, I don't think difficulty specific completion trophies can be acquired with this glitch since it is recognized by the game as a new game+.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
To answer the question about trophies though, I don't think difficulty specific completion trophies can be acquired with this glitch since it is recognized by the game as a new game+.

In case anyone still wants to play this, this glitch works on PS4 and you will get the "Revenge Revisited" trophy after the last mission.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

It works. It took a little bit of figuring out because I couldn't find any clear instructions anywhere, but it works.

The trick: when you select Easy+ or Normal+, it first asks you to Load a save file for the NG+. Do so. Once the load is complete, it will ask you where to Save the game. The Save screen is when you cancel/back out. Now you select Hard. It will want to Save as it does with every new game. Do so. You have to get through some tutorial missions to actually see your upgrades, but you can tell right away that it worked by checking your Save file. It will have a + after the mission name if you did it correctly.

Edited by mjc0961