Easiest way to defeating Supreme Hunter (Hard Mode)

Q-ed

This might be posted before but I would like to reemphasize it again. Main reason is because the supreme hunter on hard mode MADE ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT. I tried countless methods for 5 hours and finally got it only when I read a thread on Gamespot (credit given to the person that wrote on Gamestop).

Muscle Mass + Upgrades + Armor + Long Range Throw + Charging Throw.

Throw a helicopter or Missile on him. You will see what I mean. Especially helis.

He will be gone in 2 mins. Key is to know his attack patterns and avoid. Direct contact and devestators are redundant.

Few game characters have the ability to make an idiot out of me. He is one of them.:mad:

Edited by Q-ed

Try provoking Adrenalin Rush, then use the critical pain devestator, run away till your regeneration healed you a bit and restart the progress.

Worked like a charm for me, got the idea when the battle started and finished him off like this in my first try on hard mode.

Not working for me :(

Everytime I get to adrrenalin I either get the devastator fired off so close one swipe when he recovers and I'm dead or if I'm far enough away he can't swipe he throws something at me instead.

So it's back to the throw method, which reduces his health but not nearly fast enough. God this is frustrating.

Edited by number45_

Not working for me :(

Everytime I get to adrrenalin I either get the devastator fired off so close one swipe when he recovers and I'm dead or if I'm far enough away he can't swipe he throws something at me instead.

So it's back to the throw method, which reduces his health but not nearly fast enough. God this is frustrating.

I did not have all the upgrades because I did this Hard Mode on speed.

I had only Armor + Muscle Mass + Charging Throw + Long Range Throw on with all the points I had.

Perhaps you can try throwing helicopters and bombs at him when you have health.

Switching to Shield and Whipfist to grab soldiers for health and evading that asshole.

Throw things with a full charge at distance. Should reduce his health at a safe distance.

Its a combination of tactics I guess. Works perfectly for me.Hope this helps

OMFG!!!

I got him. Take that you b*****d.

I didn't realise I didn't have the throw whilst running upgrade so I enabled that and tried again using your Armor + Muscle Mass + Charging Throw (where possible) + Long Range Throw (where possible) method. Then just as the countdown got to 10 seconds, as a last ditch attempt to kill him I let him swipe me to put me into adrenalin rush and fired a critical pain devastator.

Damn that was hard.

Edited by number45_

Just beat this today (and got my Plat..SWEEEEET!), and after HOURS and HOURS of toiling, this is what it came down to:

Pre-time-limit:

Blade + Blade Frenzy from the start. Do this whiel avoiding his 'heavy attacks' (the stomp, the swats, etc.) When he does his devastator, make sure you don't go near him until 3 fat strains have all come out. As soon as you see the third one, approach him and slash him as much as possible.

If you get hurt, go to the higher portion of the ship (the blueish gray area) with a soldier and consume him and hide behind one of the larger structures there a few seconds. This allows for regen, as well as has the military units attacking the SH while he repeatedly tries to throw things at you (which he misses, since you have a giant structure between the two of you). The best part is, sometimes during this strategy, the choppers would fly really low, and their propellers would damage the SH. This is the most damage he takes in one go other than your devastators.

During time-limit:

By this time, you SHOULD have had the common sense to have sufficient health to allow for some devastators. So..perform one CRITICAL PAIN devastator whenever you feel is the best time. Once that's done, pull out Muscle Mass, making sure you've bought the throw (no need for boost, IMO), and start tossing all the heli's that are still left. Any time he does his devastator, pull out the blade, and wait for SIX, not 3, SIX! fat strains to come out of him, and then attack like mad. If you have him down to low, low health, and running out of time, unless you have sufficient health to do another devastator, get hit by him so ADRENALINE RUSH kicks in. As soon as it does, perform CPD again, and it'll take him out before he can hit you like he normally would after the CPD.

And that's how I did it. I had about 52 seconds left.

Even then, it took me 2-3 tries in that one sitting to pull this off. But..the complete strategy was only applied for the last run.

G'luck, mates. The SH makes Seth from SF4 look like a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

i actually found a glitch that let me beat him, on hard, in under 1 min. as far as i was able to tell, when the cutscene is about to activate make sure alex is on the opposite side of the ship from where the helicopters set down. (this would mean, if facing the city, you'd want to stand anywhere on the right side of the tower; how far past it i dont think matters but just on the right side of it.) now if you did it right and the glitch triggers (i did it twice so i know it wasnt a one time thing) then after the cutscene ends the choppers should not have taken off and should still be on the ship. so run over to them and hop in the one on the right, left one might work too but never used it, and for alex's sake do not take off; just sit there while the hunter stands next to the propellors while taking mass damage.

I did the whole wait and let the military take him down thing, except I didn't hide like suggested in the roadmap. I just threw on a military disguse and flew around, and air dashing away from him, it takes like 5 minutes, but the countdown started and I had full health cause he's pretty easy to avoid and it makes it massively easier if the military isn't trying to blow your ass off the ship. So yeah, once the countdown started I hit him with two air critical pain devastators and then chucked on musclemass and hit him with three choppers, and he was down. Too easy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i actually found a glitch that let me beat him, on hard, in under 1 min. as far as i was able to tell, when the cutscene is about to activate make sure alex is on the opposite side of the ship from where the helicopters set down. (this would mean, if facing the city, you'd want to stand anywhere on the right side of the tower; how far past it i dont think matters but just on the right side of it.) now if you did it right and the glitch triggers (i did it twice so i know it wasnt a one time thing) then after the cutscene ends the choppers should not have taken off and should still be on the ship. so run over to them and hop in the one on the right, left one might work too but never used it, and for alex's sake do not take off; just sit there while the hunter stands next to the propellors while taking mass damage.

tested this on NORMAL, and it was over before i knew it.

im on my hard runthrough now. ill try it when i get there, and post back with results.

Nice to hear that other people had success with the "hide and let the military whittle him down for you" strategy. :)

tested this on NORMAL, and it was over before i knew it.

im on my hard runthrough now. ill try it when i get there, and post back with results.

Cool, I'll have to try this as well and see if I can make it happen. If it works, I'll chuck it in the guide. It does mean the cutscene before the countdown starts, right? I haven't played that last battle in a while. :o

Nice to hear that other people had success with the "hide and let the military whittle him down for you" strategy. :)

Cool, I'll have to try this as well and see if I can make it happen. If it works, I'll chuck it in the guide. It does mean the cutscene before the countdown starts, right? I haven't played that last battle in a while. :o

correct, its the cutscene before the timer.

i will be to this part before the end of the day, so ill probably be back later with a confirmation.

im back to say that the above method did NOT work for me on hard mode. i had to try it about 10 times or so [i didnt have critical pain, or near enough experience for it].

i only got it to work on normal, but in all fairness, i only tried it once.

who knows, maybe im doing it wrong, but this is just one account to take into consideration before you throw it in the guide.

good luck guys, and for anyone in this thread for the info in the title, screw everything else, BUY AIR CRITICAL PAIN.

WTF? Where are you finding missles and copters? All I see is rubble and a truck or two and I've already wasted 5-10 tries on this damn thing. There's just too much crap being thrown at me, the military starts attacking me too, and I haven't found out how the special moves work. I jam the buttons but sit there so I quit trying them.

I got close once, that's it.

*Nuts, there's 2 of these fights?

Edited by DPsx7

I made the first fight far easier. I didn't think to steal a tank during my first few tries. With all the smoke and junk I didn't go close enough to the military to see that they weren't outside of the area.

Now I can't wait to see how bad the second fight is...

correct, its the cutscene before the timer.

i will be to this part before the end of the day, so ill probably be back later with a confirmation.

im back to say that the above method did NOT work for me on hard mode. i had to try it about 10 times or so [i didnt have critical pain, or near enough experience for it].

i only got it to work on normal, but in all fairness, i only tried it once.

who knows, maybe im doing it wrong, but this is just one account to take into consideration before you throw it in the guide.

good luck guys, and for anyone in this thread for the info in the title, screw everything else, BUY AIR CRITICAL PAIN.

Alright, thanks. I'll look into it once I can record again.

WTF? Where are you finding missles and copters? All I see is rubble and a truck or two and I've already wasted 5-10 tries on this damn thing. There's just too much crap being thrown at me, the military starts attacking me too, and I haven't found out how the special moves work. I jam the buttons but sit there so I quit trying them.

I got close once, that's it.

*Nuts, there's 2 of these fights?

I made the first fight far easier. I didn't think to steal a tank during my first few tries. With all the smoke and junk I didn't go close enough to the military to see that they weren't outside of the area.

Now I can't wait to see how bad the second fight is...

Erm... This is the final boss right we're talking about. There should be no trucks or tanks about, and you shouldn't be jamming buttons to figure out moves. At that point in the game, you should know what you're doing.

Are you sure you're stuck on the final boss fight?

Nothing told me there was another coming up and it didn't say 'final boss' anywhere. Plus I made it through more than half the game before finding out how to use the devestators. The game doesn't explain you need to hold or 'charge' both buttons.

Anyway I finished it last night on my first try. I ran around throwing things and using the critical devestator until the timer. Ate a few more people before they left and started attacking again. Fell off the boat with like 10 seconds left, got back on and got hit pretty hard which just so happened to trigger the low-life adrenaline rush. As the game is counting 3, 2, 1, I'm practically pushing the buttons through the controller to get the final devestator to work. Then the screen dimmed and said objective complete. Oh this was on normal though. The strategy works in either case since you don't want to be near the thing unless you have air pain ready.

Nothing told me there was another coming up and it didn't say 'final boss' anywhere. Plus I made it through more than half the game before finding out how to use the devestators. The game doesn't explain you need to hold or 'charge' both buttons.

Anyway I finished it last night on my first try. I ran around throwing things and using the critical devestator until the timer. Ate a few more people before they left and started attacking again. Fell off the boat with like 10 seconds left, got back on and got hit pretty hard which just so happened to trigger the low-life adrenaline rush. As the game is counting 3, 2, 1, I'm practically pushing the buttons through the controller to get the final devestator to work. Then the screen dimmed and said objective complete. Oh this was on normal though. The strategy works in either case since you don't want to be near the thing unless you have air pain ready.

Uh...the game explains how to do everything...