Web of Intrigue, Events, Landmarks and Hints Mini-Guide

ThisIsWar

Okay well I've seen A LOT of people post about trouble with these. The common "199/200 landmarks," the WoI questions, and the Events help. So I decided to make this really quick. The events thread on here doesn't really have much info and I gotta admit, seeing is better than reading. Let's get started:

200 Landmarks

Notes: The landmark videos were removed, so here's a new set I just found. I haven't had time to check them myself. If someone can verify that they're good, please do tell. They're all separated into different areas, which is probably a good thing. Unfortunately, the videos have both landmarks and hints, but you can use these to get both in one run.

dijpjSw.jpg

West Harlem

VIDEO

Landmarks: 4

Hints: 3

Total - Landmarks: 4 Hints: 3

East Harlem

VIDEO

Landmarks: 8

Hints: 0

Total - Landmarks: 12 Hints: 3

Upper West Side

VIDEO

Landmarks: 5

Hints: 4

Total - Landmarks: 17 Hints: 7

Upper East Side

VIDEO

Landmarks: 6

Total - Landmarks: 23 Hints: 11

Central Park

VIDEO

Landmarks: 19

Total - Landmarks: 42 Hints: 11

Midtown West

VIDEO

Landmarks: 10

Hints: 2

Total - Landmarks: 52 Hints: 13

Midtown East

VIDEO

Landmarks: 11

Hints: 1

Total - Landmarks: 63 Hints: 14

Chelsea

VIDEO

Total - Landmarks: 71 Hints: 15

Gramercy

VIDEO

Hints: 8

Total - Landmarks: 75 Hints: 23

Times Square Block 1

VIDEO

Total - Landmarks: 80 Hints: 23

Times Square Block 2

VIDEO

Total - Landmarks: 85 Hints: 24

Times Square Block 3

VIDEO

Landmarks: 9

Total - Landmarks: 94 Hints: 28

Times Square Block 4

VIDEO

Total - Landmarks: 105 Hints: 31

Times Square Block 5

VIDEO

Landmarks: 10

Hints: 2

Total - Landmarks: 115 Hints: 33

Times Square Block 6

VIDEO

Total - Landmarks: 123 Hints: 36

Times Square Block 7

VIDEO

Landmarks: 7

Total - Landmarks: 130 Hints: 40

Times Square Block 8

VIDEO

Landmarks: 13

Hints: 6

Total - Landmarks: 143 Hints: 46

Times Square Block 9-11

VIDEO

Total - Landmarks: 147 Hints: 46

Greenwich

VIDEO

Total - Landmarks: 158 Hints: 47

Soho

VIDEO

Landmarks: 9

Total - Landmarks: 167 Hints: 47

Little Italy, East Village & Lower East Side

VIDEO

Landmarks: 6

Total - Landmarks: 173 Hints: 50

Chinatown

VIDEO

Landmarks: 12

Total - Landmarks: 185 Hints: 50

Financial

VIDEO

Landmarks: 15

Hints:0

Total - Landmarks: 200 Hints: 50

Additional Notes: Look for them as soon as possible. As soon as you get the ability to free roam, get them. That way you won't accidentally get some and be looking like crazy for them later on. Also helps so that you can later enjoy the game :)

Edited by Terminator
Fixed some broken links.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 Hints

01-14

15-27

28-50

Note: Look for them as soon as possible. As soon as you get the ability to free roam, get them. That way you won't accidentally get some and be looking like crazy for them later on. Also helps so that you can later enjoy the game :)

Edited by Terminator
Fixed some broken links.

Movement Events

Simply get to the top as fast as possible and make it as close as you can to the final waypoint. Wait till you're almost at the bottom and dash in towards it - VIDEO

This is one of those you really don't want to lose control of Mercer. It's better to add a couple seconds to the run to make sure you don't lose control: VIDEO

Another one you don't want to lose control in. Again, better to add a second to make sure you don't lose control of Mercer. I found that dashing twice sometimes made me lose control so I usually only dashed once and still got it. When jumping to the second to last waypoint, don't dash. As soon as you jump towards it hold "X" to charge. When you get the waypoint immediately jump and dash once or twice and that should take you all the way up to the final waypoint: VIDEO

This one isn't really all that hard. Take your time on it, you have plenty of time. Rather than touching the roof on the first waypoint you can simply glide over it on your last jump and turn towards the second waypoint. It will save you about a second or two: VIDEO

On this one you can save about a second by charging the jump on the second to last waypoint and waiting to jump until you reach the edge of the building then dashing twice. You will jump higher. Also when on your way to the top to the final waypoint, every single time you jump, press "X" twice to charge the jump a bit. Just be careful not to over-do it on the last jump: VIDEO

When you're in the building with the four spiked edges, charge your jump and run to the end of the building before jumping. It will make you get to the next building faster and also higher. That way you wont have to charge your jump much. Then from that building, charge your jump as you're getting to the top and jump it but don't dash right away. Wait till you're getting closer to the ground: VIDEO

You really don't have be that quick on this one. Just take your time and don't lose control. I actually made this one while dashing only about 4 times. He really over-did it in the video: VIDEO

I read some people are having troubles with the military base. Simple, glide over it. Don't make it too hard. When you get to the last corner, there are two options. You can glide over the military base onto the floor and just double dash to the final waypoint, then when near the last building charge your jump and dash twice to get up fast but I personally found that it slowed me down. Another option is to take the buildings. Instead of gliding the whole way like in the video, you can just double dash. Jump without charge and dash once (this will make you go upwards), glide a bit if you need to, then save the second dash for when you're going down. You'll land on the roof faster and you'll be ready to immediately jump again: VIDEO

This is perhaps the easiest Movement Event. You get more than enough time. Just stay low and avoid and unnecessary tall building: VIDEO

There are a lot of ways to do this event. However, I found that the fastest path was to take the one in the video.

zOTTKwG.jpg

Notes: For the movement events I recommend having all the Movement upgrades, it's not necessary but it'll be much easier. Also, try to maintain control of Mercer. Another tip is to charge the jump as you're gliding. Not all require perfection and there is definitely room for error.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed some typos and broken links.

Glide Events

Glide Event 01: From On High

Glide Event 02: Over-Arching Triumph

Glide Event 03: Fountain Of Youth

Glide Event 04: On A Pedestal

Glide Event 05: Bullseye

Glide Event 06: Stone Skipping

Glide Event 07: Go West

Glide Event 08: Curvaceous

Glide Event 09: Cloverleaf

Glide Event 10: Wrong Side Of The Tracks

gcmoMLv.jpg

Notes: Again, for these I would recommend having all Movement upgrades. It will make it much easier. They are perhaps the easiest events. Stone Skipping and Go West might require you to give it a couple tries, but they're not too hard. On Wrong Side of the Tracks I found it easier to jump from the left corner straight so you'll be gliding straight forward rather than diagonally.

Edited by Slamma
Fixed YT links

Kill Events

Keep an eye on the radar. Jump or roll to big groups before they scatter:

Kill Event 01: Disembowelment

Kill Event 02: Dismemberment

Kill Event 03: Infected Patrol

Kill Event 04: Grind The Bones

Kill Event 05: Street Sweeper

Kill Event 06: Raining Fire

Keep an eye on the radar. Use the default gun and kill as quick as possible:

Kill Event 07: Friendly Fire

Kill Event 08: Irony

My tank kept getting blown up. Took me about 40 tries. I got no tips on this one except try your best:

Kill Event 09: Explosive

Kill Event 10: Armor

Stay in the center and flick to the tanks as fast as possible. This one took me forever to get:

Kill Event 11: Catch

Focus on the tanks. The faster you shoot the better:

Kill Event 12: Projectiles

Kill Event 13: Ordnance

Kill Event 14: Nothing Left Alive

Focus on the tanks. You don't have to charge to destroy them:

Kill Event 15: Aerial Assault

Don't watch the missile hit the helicopter. Simply fire and go to the next target. Keep an eye on the radar to know when new helicopters spawn:

Kill Event 16: Knuckle Dragger

One of the most annoying events. This one is kind of glitched, I had multiple tanks appear and disappear over and over. Also some times I only got about 3 tanks overall. When there are no tanks, focus on the military. When tanks appear, get to the as quick as you can, jump then airdash and press and hold triangle. You probably won't kill them so press the :ls: towards the back of the tank and press square twice. This one just might come down to the luck of where the tanks spawn so keep an eye on the radar. I also read that you can stack tanks up around before you start the event. Try that if you're having a lot of trouble:

Kill Event 17: Rolling Thunder

Kill Event 18: Clear Cutting

Find big groups of infected. Ignore the Hunters:

Kill Event 19: Fire In The Sky

Instead of staying in that one area in the video, go back and forth. I got about 600 that way:

Kill Event 20: You Called The Thunder

Focus on the tanks. Jump to avoid getting hit:

Kill Event 21: Now Reap The Whirlwind

Kill Event 22: Death From Above

Keep an eye on the radar. If they spawn too close to you switch to the regular gun and shoot them rather than spending time trying to hit them with the missiles. Then switch back for the rest:

Kill Event 23: Demolition

Kill Event 24: Overkill

Don't waste time on single enemies. Go to big groups and by the time you're done with them those single enemies will most likely be in a group:

ZQnPsKl.jpg

Notes: For the ones where you have to use a power, I suggest having them upgraded. You don't need max upgrades at all. For the ones where you use weapons/vehicles, I suggest having them fully upgraded. Most of these are easy and it is possible to get much more than the platinum requirements.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed some broken links.

War Events

I found it easier to kick the military and use the Blade Air Slice without charge on the tanks:

War Event 01: Enemy Of My Enemy

War Event 02: Strange Bedfellows

War Event 03: Battle Field

Focus on the Hunters and do some free aim shooting:

War Event 04: Raid

Like most, I had a lot of trouble on this one. When I finally got it I noticed that it's actually based on how fast you press square. The faster you press it the faster it shoots and the faster you'll kill them. Also, if you're close (not too close though), you can shoot faster. If that doesn't work, try the :l2: trick. Keep pressing the aim button to do the mission in slow motion:

War Event 05: Final Combat

War Event 06: Stairway

Whenever the Leader Hunters appear use a devastator to take life away then use the Blade Air Slice (charged) to kill them. When they're dead, continue the Street Sweeper technique:

War Event 07: Power To The People

I found it easier to use the Blade Air Slice without charge on the tanks as soon as they appear and then deal with the military using the Street Sweeper:

War Event 08: A Walk In The Park

Same as Raid but MUCH simpler. Shoot as fast as you can and avoid getting hit.

War Event 09: Close Contact

Use Muscle Mass, spam the Groundspike devastator and when you don't have enough Critical Mass, spam the Cannonball.

TenSkR8.jpg

Edited by Terminator
Fixed some typos and broken links.

Consume Events

Military - Easy has 10 events, Medium has 9 and Hard has 7.

Consume number of targets - Just get to them as quick as possible. Use small buildings, you'll travel faster and if you get a big building in your way, don't climb it. Jump around it. Try to not accidentally kill the targets (as I did) and don't be too slow and let the infected kill them. If some die you may get an extra one at the end, sometimes you don't.

Consume scientists and kill the defenders - You get a limited amount of time to get to the place. It's more than enough time. Once there, take your time. Try not to cause an alert so the military wont show up. Take care of the defenders first. You can use Patsy on them. Then take care of the scientists.

Infiltrate a base - Get to the base as quick as possible, consume him (causing an alert). As soon as you consume him change to Alex Mercer and run, when you get the signal to switch, do so. That way you already have the military costume on and you can enter no problem. Once inside, take your time.

Infected - Easy, Medium and Hard have 3 each.

Destroy the hive - These were so simple. Just get to the hive in a military costume and get in a tank. Don't pay attention to anything else.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed some typos and formatting errors.

Web of Intrigue Map

8HGfDAv.jpg

NbuzDbE.jpg

Note: I've noticed that you can't just find random targets. The only way they'll appear is if it's one that will connect to one that is already consumed. You can't find ones that won't connect to an already consumed one. Makes sense because the mandatory ones are all connected. If they die, it's okay, they'll respawn at a later time. I don't know how long it takes though.

Final notes: Well I hope this helps everyone. Doesn't necessarily need a sticky unless you feel the need to do so. As for BeerMoose and Legend22389, no disrespect to your threads, I just thought this might help :). A final thanks to oldskoolradio for the YouTube videos. Enjoy, took me longer than expected to make this :D.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typos.

I love this guide!, I'm getting landmarks at the moment and I'm stuck on #88, the landmark beneath the bridge. I can't get to it, it's frustating, and I don't see in the clip how you get it. Maybe some advice how you've done it?

Really a masterpiece al those clips though! (first post :))

Edited by OleBlanc

I love this guide!, I'm getting landmarks at the moment and I'm stuck on #88, the landmark beneath the bridge. I can't get to it, it's frustating, and I don't see in the clip how you get it. Maybe some advice how you've done it?

Really a masterpiece al those clips though! (first reply :))

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you'll have to steal a helicopter and fly under the bridge to get to that one. It won't let you dash or glide once you're far enough off land, so he'll fall into the water if you try without a helicopter.

Yeah it's that one, o ok. Didn't tried a helicopter before because i thaught that you couldn't take landmarks with it, but now i know it can. So thank you dude :D that link what you gave in an other thread with a interactive map is really helpfull!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gah, 199/200 after using the guide! =@

I really hope 156 is the one I'm missing. Although..if it's all the way at the top of the 155 building, then I more than likely already have it.

I've started rechecking, and made it half-way through so far. And I'm pretty sure I didn't screw up from 157-200.

Still.....GAFHDQ#DQF!

SO close.

SOOOOOOOO

close!

There should've been a checker, like in Burnout Paradise. Sure would make life easier. Wouldn't have to go through each spot again and again :mad:

Imperfect, 156 is on top of the building where you find 155.

Just walk up the building to the top and you oughta see it.

I wish I was missing that one =@

haha yeah i wish i was missing that one too. i read that in the youtube comments but i already got that one, somehow i missed another one somewhere. but i am getting all those again on my hard run through, plus the 50 hints too.

• 3 weeks later...

Something I found helpful when doing the overkill event.

Kill the hive near where the event is. I found that the infected would attack the spawned soldiers and make it more difficult for them to get near me (and therefore take me more time to kill them). So I killed the hive to kill all the infected and leave just me vs the military.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Terminator changed the title to Web of Intrigue, Events, Landmarks and Hints Mini-Guide