Dead-Ball Expert trophy

Lampu87

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way i've just done 3 goals: i need only other two for the trophy... :)

How are you getting free kicks? I've completed the Champions League, the Copa Libertadores and 3/4 of my first Master League season and I haven't had a single free kick yet. I'm playing on the regular difficulty.

I have tried dribbling the ball around the edge of the penalty area, trapping the ball and waiting for them to tackle me, and various tricks and skills to lure them into fouling but nothing is working for me.

The complete lack of free kicks plus the fact that I don't particularly like the mechanism for taking free kicks in PES anyway has got me worried about this trophy.

Edited by Neuromancer1968

OK, I just got the trophy. I did it in Exhibition mode P1 vs COM.

To start getting fouls I had to do the following:

1. Set difficulty to Regular or Professional (I was wrong in earlier post, I was playing on Amateur).

2. Edited a team so that all their outfield players had 99 aggression.

3. Got the ball around the penalty area and used Sideways Dribbling (L2 + Right Stick) to tempt the defenders into fouling me.

4. Used Ronaldo for taking free kicks.

It was still a grind to get the trophy because I could only get 4-5 fouls a game and I'm not very good at taking them.

I found this PES 2010 video useful for explaining the basics for taking free kicks, although I didn't use the second player technique.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StSdbM6xaLs]YouTube - PES 2010 Free Kick Tutorial[/ame]

Hope this helps people get the trophy.

Edited by Neuromancer1968

I'm struggling with free kicks (getting fouled), but so far I've had one and scored one, Andrea Pirlo was the scorer, it was a fantastic top corner free kick and I'm rubbish at them.

But I'll definitely use the above posters method, to get this trophy out of the way.

EDIT - Still only that one, this will be a long road.

Edited by AdamWolf86

OK, I just got the trophy. I did it in Exhibition mode P1 vs COM.

To start getting fouls I had to do the following:

1. Set difficulty to Regular or Professional (I was wrong in earlier post, I was playing on Amateur).

2. Edited a team so that all their outfield players had 99 aggression.

3. Got the ball around the penalty area and used Sideways Dribbling (L2 + Right Stick) to tempt the defenders into fouling me.

4. Used Ronaldo for taking free kicks.

It was still a grind to get the trophy because I could only get 4-5 fouls a game and I'm not very good at taking them.

I found this PES 2010 video useful for explaining the basics for taking free kicks, although I didn't use the second player technique.

YouTube - PES 2010 Free Kick Tutorial

Hope this helps people get the trophy.

Thanks, I've used that strategy and scored 2 goals so far. I've been using this strategy too but I still had not posted it here. I can confirm this works! :applause:

I finally unlocked this yesterday, unfortunately on my 6th free kick, it was just a bind to get the free kicks.

1. Changed the difficulty to Top Player, they seem more able to attack and foul you.

2. Edited the team to small, so I could get the ball easily over the wall and the goalkeeper and increased all their aggression to 99.

3. Run around the 18 yard box in a circle to incite the players to tackle you (loads of times I was hacked and nothing was given). The running in a circle method was mentioned to me by a friend.

4. Use Real Madrid like other people, as you have Cristiano Ronaldo, but I felt Van Der Vaart very apt (before the update yes). They scored five of my six free kicks, Pirlo the other.

Happy that trophy is now done.

Edited by AdamWolf86

Hmm cant seem to get this to unlock, scored 4 last night but i think 2 deflected off the wall and one from 40m out the keeper got a slight touch but still went in cant remember the other one, but as some1 above posted deflected ones didnt count so today i had another crack at it, first game i got 2, second game 1 and about the 5th game i got another 2, didnt think any had any deflections but obv im wrong, so have to have another crack at it later :/ when does it pop up btw at the end of the game, or as soon as u score the 5th freekick? and i doubt there is a way to track/see how many u got towards the trophy already?

Hmm cant seem to get this to unlock, scored 4 last night but i think 2 deflected off the wall and one from 40m out the keeper got a slight touch but still went in cant remember the other one, but as some1 above posted deflected ones didnt count so today i had another crack at it, first game i got 2, second game 1 and about the 5th game i got another 2, didnt think any had any deflections but obv im wrong, so have to have another crack at it later :/ when does it pop up btw at the end of the game, or as soon as u score the 5th freekick? and i doubt there is a way to track/see how many u got towards the trophy already?

No, there's no way to track it. I wrote it down myself. The trophy should pop up when you choose main menu after a match. good luck!