Chapter 7 - Enter Admin Building

Steve_LWL

I looked around on the forum but it appears no one is having trouble with this part but me. I've been stuck on it for about 2 hours.

It's the part right after the rooftop with spot lights. You go down the side of the tower about 5 rungs. When you land at the bottom the guard comes over to look for you. Then you go between the buildings to get to a locked door.

This is my problem.

The lock is about 5 or 6 pins. The guard immediately comes over to look at me and there is nowhere to run or hide. I stayed still a couple times hoping he would see me but that doesn't work. I try and unlock the pins as fast as I can but the most I can get is about 3 before he gets to me.

Any advice would be great. I have to turn the game off now which sucks cause now I'm going to have to start Chapter 7 all over again.

It's been a little while since I played, but if I remember right, once I dropped down to the ground, I hid behind something and waited for the guard to go to right. As soon as he passes run towards the door and stay up against the brick wall on your left. You should be able to avoid the spotlights that way. Then just pick the lock as fast as you can.

Are you pressing the button to set the pin? It's faster to pick that way than to wait for each pin to set itself. Not sure what other advice I remember from that part. Sorry. Hope that helps.

If not one of the videos here should help

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=prison+break++conspiracy+chapter+7

Edited by MFVillin

Are you pressing the button to set the pin? It's faster to pick that way than to wait for each pin to set itself.

Ah ha... This would probably help me. I didn't know there was any other way. I don't have the booklet since I rented it from Gamefly.

How exactly does this work? do you move it up the latch and then push a button to hold it?

I guess I've been doing it the hard way but I had no clue I could do it any other way.

Thanks for the help.

I rented it from Gamefly too so I'm just going from memory here, but if you push a button (I think it was :cross:) at the right time, the pin will stay in place and you can move on to the next one. It's what normally happens automatically when you move it up to the right position and hold it there for a second. Pressing :cross: just sets it right away so you dont have to wait for each one.

It was still pretty close with that guard but you should be able to make it.

Wow... Finally realized what you were talking about with setting the pin. That's way easier then trying to set it yourself (and way faster). I'm not sure how I even missed it before. I think I was concentrating so much on setting the pin manually that I wasn't even looking at the prompts.

Finish the game on shark tonight. Thanks for the help again. Now I'm going for my invisible playthrough which this lockpicking trick should become way more helpful for.

For some reasn though... My lockpick trophy never popped and I'm positive I unlocked at least 10 grates and doors without being spotted. Weird??? I guess I'll have to get it in my guppy run. I've deleted my save file just to make sure my save file isn't corrupt.