This game is boring

iraqoz

No kidding I'm having to force myself to even play the game, I can't believe Nolan North the voice of Drake is in it. Everytime you hear him you straight think of Uncharted, it's seriously the same thing jump up this craw onto that.

Collect this shiny orb move on kill maybe 1 enemy between the long hard jumping platform part, you fell hit triangle get saved but be brought back a bit.

The game looks great cant complain about that but they should have just stuck with the formula thats of it's PS2 counterparts and the up coming one which is going back to it's proper roots.

I agree to an extent. The controls and overall gameplay was rather simple but all in all I enjoyed the game. It stood apart from the Sands of Time as a decent game. Other than the title and the wall runs it was a completely different experience to me. Nothing like the Sands Trilogy but still overall decent. I didn't like the battle style at all. It was too choppy. I like it better when you have 100 guys coming after you and you emerge victorious with corpses lying all around :whistle:. All in all I see the point here but if you play it and don't compare it to the other Prince games it was pretty good.

I haven't actually played the previous on ps2, but I too like to be surrounding with 100 of enemies and just slice your way forward :D. An other issue is the flexibility of this game is restricted you cant move freely :mad:

I really hope "the forgotten sand" is different with every aspect

I haven't actually played the previous on ps2, but I too like to be surrounding with 100 of enemies and just slice your way forward :D. An other issue is the flexibility of this game is restricted you cant move freely :mad:

I really hope "the forgotten sand" is different with every aspect

I think a lot of the free running will be similar in Forgotten Sand. When I watch the trailers I get the distinct impression that it's this Prince of Persia game just with some magic powers thrown in.

This game was kind of iffy for me. If we were just talking about some new IP, it would've been a pretty decent experience for me. However, Prince of Persia is by no means new and it has a reputation to live up to. Due to that it fell a good deal short of what I wanted, but still managed to entertain me a good deal.

Most of the frustration in this game was due to the moments when I thought to myself, "This section could've been soooo much better with X mechanic or Y encounter" and so on. Whenever the complaint for a game is, "It's good, but could've been better" you can only hope that they implement the improvements in the next game and give them a pass.

C+/B- game.

I agree on the controls thing. For the most part they were workable but on more than one occassion I was launched to my doom due to it not doing what I wanted. Which isn't a big deal since you can't really die however if going for the the Be Gentle trophy you don't really want any unnecessary deaths so I spent a lot of time reloading which sucked a lot of fun out of the game for me.

And some of the mechanics of the fights were not needed. Like the QTE of having to mash the square button a million times. It seemed like half the time I was hitting it as fast as I could and I'd still fail the event. Not all of us have the reflexes of a squirrel on crack.

But I'm not sure I agree on the 'NO story' part. Sure the story wasn't that great but there certainly was one.

I'd give this a solid B for a grade despite some rather tedious aspects especially since it can be found for $20 now. If I had spent $60 I more than likely would have been a lot more disappointed.

I agree the gameplay is too simple and gets repetitive, but I still enjoyed this game. The environments, characters, story and dialogue kept me going through it. I haven't played the other PoP games, but this one felt like a real Disney-style adventure - more about seeing sweeping vistas and magical powers, rather than slaying hordes of enemies - and there aren't many games these days that capture the fairytale feel that this game has.

Edited by BurnOutBrighter

I enjoyed the game. Not every game has to be hack and slash or needs airstrikes to be called in to be good. A lot of people love Mirror's Edge and that's even more linear and non actiony than this game. I don't find a problem being diverse in the different games to play and like I guess. I can go from and FPS to RPG to HnS with ease and enjoy them all I suppose.

I have to disagree with practically everyone for the most part. Although it's true that the combat could've been a lot better, I loved the free running and the whole look of this game, and the story was pretty awesome.

However, I do see why some people might not enjoy this game (not really). If you didn't like the free running portion of the game, which is what you did 80% of the time, I guess this can get boring to you.

I didn't like the story and I didn't like the fact you get saved every fucking time you should die.

But I really liked the free-running in the game, so I have to disagree that it's boring. It might become repetitive if you're going for all the Light Seeds, but else I just can't agree that it's boring.

It's just in between an average and a good game in my book. With a tendency towards a good game, though if I could completly ignore the fact that it's a PoP game. I was expecting way more from a Prince of Persia game.

Edited by Labartu

• 3 weeks later...

I have to disagree with this thread I found this to my favourite Prince Of Persia just because IMO it stood out miles better than the rest I mean I have played everyone of the PS2 POP's but I could'nt tell you nothing about them because they all felt the same, this game stands out on its own I am gald they decided to give the Prince a personality in this game and also I liked the idea of having someone eles with you aswell which was good.

I think the art style and music in this game are also top notch and as for the stroy well I enjoyed and did really like where it was leading and I hope one day they return to it because I really felt the ending did a good job of building up a sequel.

I think the gameplay is no different in this game than any other POP title.

So no i did'nt think it was boring would probably make my top ten PS3 games :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nolan North is also Desmond in AC2. I just beat AC2. would be cool to unlock altair costume but this game is nothing like AC2. controls suzorx in this dung. also crank puzzles are a pain in the ass just like god of war. game is hard enough and i hate bottlenecks..im only playing this because i want to eat it before the movie comes out and the game moves on...this one had NO plot whatsoever..

Edited by XBOTS SUZORX

I bought this game used for 15 dollars just to get a taste of what was to come next week hoping to finish it before then but its just way to repetetive. I dont even think I'm even going to bother with the lightseeds. the newer game is not the same right? more fighting please! i hate wall climbing to this degree.

I'm indifferent to it, there are certain aspects i like and hate respectively. I like the graphic style, but it's let down by glitches such as his clothes moving through itself. The story was ok....but blah

I really liked the little parts where the world turned blue and you had to move from plate to plate, they where full of atmosphere but way to short!

and i really like how you carried Elikas body with the credits, it was a nice touch, had emotion, gave it a real sense of ending the story as upposed to just seeing 'The End'.

Out of all the games i've played, this is the one i can't decide whether i liked or not.

I lent this game off a mate and hated it, forced myself through it and got the plat but havent got the DLC.

Collecting the seeds was the most boring thing ever...jump...wall jump..jump again...jump somewhere else...etc

Graphics on the other hand were alright nice fresh touch...but the game lacked action.

Very poor.

I thought the art style was one of the best on the PS3, not to mention the graphics, music and atmosphere. The problem is all that ******* climbing and jumping, it was fun for half the game then it just got repetitive.

I'd give it a 7/10, the only thing I can deduct from the score is all the climbing and jumping, otherwise it would have been nearly a 10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If any of the bosses took you an hour you were doing something wrong.

Seriously. Mine took ten minues at most.

But I rather enjoyed this game (minus the whole ending part... that was stupid). It was a welcome change from the other games I have been playing recently. Must more relaxing. And I really REALLY enjoyed the conversations between the Prince and Elika.

One thing I hated (again, besides the ending) is that they never went into anything about the Prince actually being a "Prince of Persia" or anything. The only snippet of info that was mentioned was during the Concubine fight. She mentioned something about him choosing to be a pauper rather than a prince, but other than that there was nothing.

Although calling his donkey Farah was clever :p