14 hits question

Olbat

Can you do this on any enemy because I have to start the game over to get this. So can I do it against the spawn enemies or can I load my temple save and get 14 hits on Elekas dad in the temple at the end. I would also like to Get all of the combos against him. Is that possible against him too?

Can you do this on any enemy because I have to start the game over to get this...

No, not all enemies have enough health for you to perform the 14 hit combo.

...or can I load my temple save and get 14 hits on Elekas dad in the temple at the end...

Unfortunately, it's not easy pulling of the 14 hit combo on Elika's dad since he'll block mid-way through.

You should just try to perform the combo on the hunter (or one of the other bosses) early on.

• 3 weeks later...
I pulled off the 14 hit combo vs. Elika's dad. It's do-able.

It's doable early on, realllllly difficult to do towards the end of the game. You would make this trophy 10x more difficult than it has to be to try and pull this combo off on her dad later on in the game. Go with the hunter or alchemist in the earliest stage you face them. They block your attacks with much less frequency early on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After he's done with one hit, simply tap the next button in the combo. Don't rush, but don't do it too slowly either. I think 1 second in between the button pressing will suffice. And don't get nervous towards the end of the combo. That happened to me 3 times and I screwed up the combo because of it. Just chillax

I got a question too about 14 hits. Do I have to press the buttons slowly? How do I time it? Any tips?

If you're having trouble getting the timing down, I suggest the following:

1) Memorize the button pattern

2) Find a youtube video of it being done successfully (Alayes/PringlesForAidan has a great one)

3) Practice the button pattern along with the video using a controller offline, that way you know exactly what they are doing when you press each combo button

4) Practice it over and over about 10 times

5) Try it in the game

I had trouble on the timing of the last part of the combo and after I practiced with the video for 10 minutes or so, I got it on my first try when I went back to the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also did it against the first concubine.

Save after the bit where you chase her around before you jump to the main arena. I memorised the combo as

SSS TST XTST CXTS

Don't rush it - you can see each of the hits and if you have done all the combos already you should be fairly used to the timing.

Make sure you are against the egde facing the middle for plenty of room.

She may block hit no. 5 - if so puposly die (elika save) so she regains a bit and try again.

If still no good reload the save and try again.

• 2 months later...

yeah, very frusterating. it's for real all about timing and how much life the concubine has left. 3 times I have gotten to the very last button and then she dies right when I'm doing the last Square. GRRRRRR.

What's the minimum her life can be when starting the combo? I've been trying this for the last 4 hrs. and finally got the timing down but, as I said, she dies right when I'm doing the finishing blow. GRRRRRR.

Will post back if I can ever get it right. LOL

EDIT: OK, finally! I got it. I was watching the concubine's health bar at the bottom. It's broken up into 6 sections. When I started the combo, it was halfway through the last section on the right (the 6th section). When I finished it was just barely inside the 1st section. So the combo takes of about 4 to 4 1/2 sections of her health. Not sure if it'll help anyone, but it helped me tremendously to watch her health and make sure you start the combo with more than 5 sections still left just to be safe.

Fighting her and finally getting the timing only to lose as I pressed the very last button made me almost go out to the garage and drill a hole in my controller and tie a string so I could attach it to my wrist like a Wii controller so I would hurt someone or break the TV when I threw the damn thing. LOL.

Good luck, hope my advice helps out.

Thanks to FARAZ_1994 for the advice. I chillaxed, dude, and it paid off.

Edited by skotfabes
Got the trophy!!!!

I didn't find this too easy, but easier to do at the earlier stages of the game rather than later when every enemy blocks 9/10 times. I got mine against the concubine. I also wrote the combo down and paused the game in-between buttons to do it right the first time. Really worked for me. Just paused after a 4 button combo to remember the next string of buttons.

• 2 weeks later...
SSST | STXTS | TCXTS

just memorise the first section, pause the game memorise the second section, unpause do it, pause again, memorise last section, unpause and do it for the trophy

So i've done this five times now and the Trophy is still not unlocking.....

What am i doing wrong?

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Dino_Roar.png

Edited by Dino_Roar

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but to repeat some of the advice given in this and other threads, DON'T BUTTON MASH. Timing is key and for me it did help to memorize all 14 hits. Make sure the opponent, preferably the Concubine in your first battle with her, is at almost full health (no less than 80%) and start the combo from back edge of the platform. If she blocks or the full combo doesn't give you the trophy restart from your last save (right before your battle with her ideally). It took me about dozen times before I got it, and once I did I was able to repeat against her during later battles.

I did it on the one with the big claws and maybe there is a block in there somewhere that i didn't notice.

So to get the concubine do i go to the second island from the left?

Her area is the third from the left. This is the order:

Hunter - Alchemist - Concubine - Warrior

Some of the Hunter's stages are too small for this trophy and he deflects well. The Alchemist goes down too easy if he's near a ledge and his stages are surrounded by corruption, further limiting the space. And you don't really use combos against the Warrior (you'll see what I mean when you get there).