1.01 Glitch Fix Confirmed

filthybeautiful

Ending spoilers

[spoiler=SS]A cool trick for those of you who beat the game before the 1.01 patch - I decided to go back to the game after beating it in 2009. I remembered the game autosaves before the final credits right before you bring Elika back to life by killing the trees. So I decided to see if simply killing the trees and sitting through the credits again would make the Speed Demon and Be Gentle With Her trophies pop and they did!

So, I can confirm that 1.01 does reset your death and time totals!

Happy hunting!

Edited by ShadowAFC

• 2 weeks later...
So according to this If i've already hit 100 deaths or falls before finishing the game I can install the patch and it will reset?

In theory, yes. Back up your main save before trying though :)

@OP... Thread Title is very misleading. You make it sound like 1.01 is CAUSING a glitch, when what it did was FIX a glitch.. :)

Edited by PrimalCarnage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it looks like u do not need to achieve the requirement of 12 hours and <100 deaths to achieve the trophies. i just started this game 2 - 3 days ago and i completed the game at 15hrs mark and i fall into the pit or got eaten by those black blobs for more than maybe 1000x but still the 2 trophies unlocks for me. lol

btw, the whole game was played on patch 1.01.

Edited by a558Ra1N

• 2 months later...

i beat/unlocked whole map. beat her father, quit game after the auto save installed patch..watch the credits and still no trophy. what did i do wrong? do i need the DLC for this to work?

Edited by awb555

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...