more battle help

I'm getting tired of this. Even in opening of game I died at least 20 times before beating boss.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong. I'm currently on the part after you slide down first curtain and there's 4 sand creatures. So far in every battle I have failed at least twice because everytime you try and absorb the enemies you get hit. How do you beat them? As far as I know you have to absorb them after they are knocked down. But problem is you always get hit in the process. They attack so fast and in a constant flow of attacks that you have to hold block constantly. But you cant hold block to attack or absorb. So I can't pass this battle. The pole you spin around doesnt help because when I grab pull they hit me so the spin never happens, or on the rare case that I get lucky and it actually spins arounf the pole knocking 2 or 3 or the 4 down, still I get hit by the one or two still standing if I try to absorb.

None of the combos the game has told you in tutorials does any good, like if I do the one where you jump over their head and throw them to knock them down you fall too in process and you then get hit because you cant get up fast enough and you cant block while getting up thus I get hit every time.

warrior within has no absorbing,this was only in sands of time,enemies will drop sand clouds only if you kill them very brutally,like slicing their heads off or cut them in the middle

when an enemy lies down you can perform a stab,but most of the time it won't even kill him so don't bother (especially because you WILL get hit by other enemies while performing the move)...when an enemy is down let him be,concentrate on the other enemies,you have a few seconds of time until he gets up again

Edited by jigsaw

So how do you kill them? Attacking them never kills them. Only a stab on ground or throwing them off edge if one is near.

That was question. Telling me to concentrate on the others while one is down doesn't tell me how to kill.

But since I posted this I figured out that attacking them can kill them, it just takes half a billion attacks before one dies. So I answered my own question discovering this on accident, but thanks anyways. ^^

Well I do have another question, can all the normal enemies (non-boss) die from just attacking them?

Well I do have another question, can all the normal enemies (non-boss) die from just attacking them?

Yes, some enemies are tougher than others though, especially the Executioners in the Prison (pale white enemies).

I assume you're playing on Hard difficulty? On Easy or Normal most enemies can't take more than a couple of hits before they die.

Edited by Jakkal

@Jakkal:

Yes I'm on hard, and thank you. ^^

@Cheattaro:

I tried all the combos the game taught me up until now but they don't work half the time as I sometimes take damage (and they're not even attacking when I do so) if I approach an enemy to do so. But I dont think I've tried X X square square you mentioned. Only thing similar to that I've tried is X square square.

But battle became easier last night after I started pushing off wall. But now I've been stuck on this boss with whatever her name is in black and she always kills me with this cheap kick that is unpredictable and sends you flying back to the ground. Even when I started doing this new attack attack run method by using X to flip or dodge back away from her, her next attack still hits me sometimes during my first flip away from her. But then that method takes ages, lol.

@jigsaw:

If you're seeing this, sorry if my reply sounded rude. It wasn't meant to sound that way, but when I go back and read it I can imagine it coming across the wrong way. Was hard trying to word it so it wouldn't sound off.

Easiest way I find is to do :triangle::square: to try to decapitate. They don't hit you while you're in the middle of doing it so you can just keep doing that over and over until they die. Or if there are a bunch around use :triangle::triangle: to throw (especially if you're by an edge or railing you can throw them over)

Problem for me isn't difficulty. I always play hard games and hardest difficulties.

This game isn't hard, it's cheap. 2nd boss I'm on, the girl in black, has extremely cheap things she does. Cheap meaning no warning, as in certain things that are impossible to know using the 5 senses, as in luck based rather than skill.

I am having the same problems with almost every fight.

Every time i encounter more than 2 enemies i am sure to loose massive amounts of health, and i haven't got used to deal with it.

Not to mention the golem bitches... and i haven't reached the golem boss because when i do i will destroy my sixaxis and the tv for sure.....

What is the tip for dealing with those golems ? even if i slow down time , they will not die in the first try and i can not dodge when he tries to get me.

I just think that i am used to very acessible difficulties when it comes to prince of persia and i had played this on PS2, but only in normal mode.

I think some people is overeacing with this game dificult. Sure, you take more damage on hard on it takes more for you to kill your enemies, but is not that hard. Of course, if you have played the first one (sands of time) first, you will noticeb this game is not as smashing buttons as the first was, u need more technique for this game. Also, why, if you have such a bad time with the game on hard, try playing on normal, or even easy first to get used to the fighing sistem and knowing the game, anyway, if you want the plat, you will have to play the other dificulties, trophies won't stack.

• 2 weeks later...