Dahaka Hard Mode Video (2 minutes/no damage/very easy)

since some people have problems with him on hard,i made a video how to destory him in around 2 minutes without taking damage,it's so simple your mum could do it :p really it's probably the easiest final boss of all times

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx6bcd09b88]YouTube - [PS3] Dahaka Hard Mode / No Damage - Warrior Within - Prince of Persia Trilogy[/ame]

as you can see he is stuck in an animation loop,he always needs to turn to you before he can attack,so just roll left or right,push forward and attack once,rince and repeat

once he has 60% hp left he will hang off the ledge and with your 6 sand tanks you can activate berserk mode (hold R1,tap L1) 3 times which is enough to kill him in the first phase...but you need to be quick,or else he will jump to the platform again and regain health

also the most important part,you NEED the light saber,it does more damage than the water sword,you find the light saber / glowing sword / lighting sword in the mist cavern,which is ~10 minutes before the end of the game,do NOT throw away this sword

update on the sword location,this room is located exactly after you passed a timed gate in the mist caverns,after fighting (or avoiding) ALOT of sandwolves

while u still have the mask, in an area with lots of mist, there is a hole in the ground u r supossed to jump, but if you go down, you can find floor, and to the right, with your back the way you came, a breakable wall with the weapon.

you can use triangle instead of square during the loop,it goes faster but the lightsaber will eat up your energy with every hit,within seconds you will only have 10% health left and will be dead with 1 hit if something goes wrong (you could roll forward accidentally instead of left/right)

if you want to take the risk you can kill him in 1 minute,but i would do it save since you can take 3-4 hits and get him into the loop again whenever you want

Edited by jigsaw

That's really nice actually, u really make me feel bad with myself for not discover this strategy way back XD. I never beated him on hard, just normal, the "old fashioned way" haha. But to say something a bit more useful, you shoul have said the exact location of the green sword. I know is in the caves, while u still have the mask, in an area with lots of mist, there is a hole in the ground u r supossed to jump, but if you go down, you can find floor, and to the right, with your back the way you came, a breakable wall with the weapon. Only thing ib don't have a video for it so, for now this is all i can do.

Just beat Dahaka on hard. Few (un)important notes.

1. I did the same as in video and... after 3rd fury ended - Dahaka still have 20-25%hp and then you !@#$up. So video it's definitely a normal not hard difficulty. :mad:

2. If you die(and you die because rolling like that take practice), and restart. You lose greed sword. So only quit and reload works. Be prepared to watch unskipble cut scenes again and again :D

Now the god part.The rolling around part actually works(but demand practise). But when Dahaka hanging from cliff instead fury attack I used slowmo(all 6 sand tanks)and hit him only with green sword, I finally kill him on hard.

Thanks for rolling tactic.

Edited by Ev-Geniy

I was able to do it on hard without a secondary weapon, but it took good timing and luck. As soon as the battle begins, go berserk and wail on him. When the first beserk ends, start a second one immediately and continue to wail. Near the end of this second beserk period, he'll hop away, and I would not pursue. Then, I stayed back and dodged his tentacles while refilling all six sand tanks. Then I ran up to him and attacked with my regular weapon while rolling around him until his health dropped to the point where the cutscene activated. Then, with six full tanks, I would run to the edge where the dahaka was hanging and do 3 beserks in a row, and I killed him at the very end of the third activation. One second more, and he probably would have leapt back up.

Oh, I also found a nasty glitch where if you run up too close to the dahaka hanging on the edge and hit the block button, the prince will get frozen in space until something hits him out of it. This was, unfortunately, very reproducible in my game, and was the main reason I didn't beat the challenge sooner.

"1. I did the same as in video and... after 3rd fury ended - Dahaka still have 20-25%hp and then you !@#$up. So video it's definitely a normal not hard difficulty"

Your wrong, I did exactly what was shown on the video on HARD... If u don't believe me check my trophies

Your wrong, I did exactly what was shown on the video on HARD... If u don't believe me check my trophies

Trophies doesn't show how you kill Dahaka. So there is no point watching them.

Unless it critical that you start fury half way to him(i started when I get near him). I don't see how it can be done wrong.

Edited by Ev-Geniy

Trophies doesn't show ho you kill Dahaka. So there is no point watching them.

you see that he has the hard mode trophy,why would he say it works when it isn't?

Unless it critical that you start fury half way to him(i started when I get near him). I don't see how it can be done wrong.

it was done on hard (on normal he dies within seconds) and yes,if you run to close to him you waste too much time

timing on when to press r1+l1 again is essential,if you press it too early you will cancel the slow mo effect when fury ends and if you press it too late he will have the time to climb up....but it definitely works,youtube comments confirm this also

By the time this works for you ya may as well have just killed Dahaka without it. Cause if you fuck up and he gets up your out of sand tanks, and he goes all berserk mode.

I say screw this strategy after i tried it he had about 5% health left and got back up. So i just did it without it.

Too luck based for my tastes.

Though if you cant do it this way and you're fighting Dahaka on hard you'll have to go through about 4 rounds of him getting up from the cliff and goin crazy.

I'd suggest instead just doin the time ability once or twice so you have sand tanks left, and to weaken him up more for the next round.

i thought this breakable wall in the caverns is so obvious there is no way to miss it,but i will update it in the opening post

I did too, it's the least hidden, hidden weapon in the game... you even need to stand down next to where the wall is to activate the pressure point. So it's kinda wtf anyone would miss it xD

Edited by CogniVision

This method worked great for me. I had tried about a dozen times to beat Kaileena on Hard and kept getting killed by her ridiculous unblockable sweep attack and those damn sand tornadoes.

Someone mentioned that they couldn't prevent the Dahaka from facing them. Just wanted to point out that at the very beginning of the video, you'll notice that the Prince rolls twice. This is crucial if you want to stay "ahead" of the Dahaka's animation loop. For those having trouble getting the roll and attack down, muting your television may help you keep your rhythm.

Also, I didn't bother trying the Fury method... I used all 6 sand tanks to slow down time and whack him with the Light Sword. Beat him on my first attempt and got a shiny new platinum for my troubles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry to refresh an old thread but I just did it without the special secondary weapon (I had a normal sword that you can get just before the fight from the stand) and yes, on hard. More so - I did it with just 2 ravages of time (because I lost one sand tank during the "roll and smash" part) and still managed to do it during his first hanging. So for non-believers - this method works perfectly and thanks very much for discovering and sharing with us :)

Edited by mantrox

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I tried Kaileena in the hard mode, but got beat up in seconds. Didn't have time to react or roll out, she always gets me with the sweep attack.

Am going to try Dahaka tonight. Will let u guys know.

BTW, instead of a roll and slash, I found an easier way to get the Dahaka in the anim loop. Slash and then run to the left side, slash-run and rinse and repeat. This worked everytime. Without using any sand tanks or getting hit even once I am able to get the Dahaka to the 50% mark when kaileena hits him. After which is what I am having trouble with the berserk mode.

Sometimes the Dahaka will not turn to your side and will remain still when you are to his back. This will make him turn and hit you. So, if he is not turning, wait on the side and keep slashing. This works, tried it like 6/7 times so far.

-AR

Finally, platted this one. I ended up beating Kaileena. It was actually easier once I got the rhythm.

With the Dahaka, i could get him to 50% easily and then neither the jump-slash nor the ravages of time nor the slow mo works to finish him in the first go. And then he jumps back up and gets far more difficult to get into the anim loop.

With Kaileena, this is what I did, if it helps someone.

First, as soon as the cinematic is done, move back till the prince hangs off the ledge. Then shimmy over to the right/left and get back up. Quickly do the Slash-Slash-Jump over-Slash-Slash... Start moving backwards as Kaileena does her combo. Once she stops, move over to her and do only the jump/slash/slash (X, Square, Square), move back. Rinse and repeat. At any point if u make a mistake, just move back to the ledge and hang off until she finishes her slow down.

This way she doesn't get to slow down time unless you make a mistake of not jumping over her as soon as her combo stops.

If you are too close to her when she slows down time, then slow down time and roll-attack. Otherwise, just hang off the ledge.

At one point it got glitched on me. I was hanging on the ledge and way away from her, but when I tried to get back up, the prince just fell through.

Use the sand tanks for rewind only, and when in dire need of slow down and you will be good.

Hope this helps.

-AR

• 1 month later...

I tried Kaileena on hard and got really aggravated when I could not get more than 1 hit into her before getting 1-shot after the tornados (had no prob avoiding them, but could not touch her ass with those stupid sweeps), so i went with Dahaka, and seriously, I do not know how ANYONE thinks he is hard and she is easy. Had I noticed the roll trick I would have tried it (just read the post about it), but like many others I could NOT drop him in those 6 sand tanks. I do not know if it will help anyone but I will share the method I used.

*NOTE: The roll trick the OP shows makes the first part significantly easier so I would suggest doing it instead, but this is how I did it before knowing that trick*

The cursed sword really makes a difference so suggest going with it if you have it.

I used the berserk mode twice which brought him a few hits from 80%. Run around and refill the sand tanks. When he grabs his ankles (or whatever he is doing), and his stomach glows, run in very small circles for a few. The tentacles will pop in front of where the prince was looking if he had ran straight, and remain unharmed. Once your tanks are full, wait for a sand to pop between you and him. When it does, slow time, run at him (collecting the sand on the way so you are at max) in an angle (to make avoiding his tummy tentacle easy to roll and avoid), and get those next few hits. If he is still standing, repeat the refill/time slow till he drops.

If your luck goes like mine, he will drop before you can even activate the third berserk. DO NOT ACTIVATE RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. It took me about 4 hours to beat this pecker because for about 3 of them I had to reset because I got hit by that R1 block glitch trying to activate berserk. It seems to activate if your distance is 1 step from stepping on his hands/him. At this point I wanted to throw the controller, but after several hours of this BS glitch, decided 'screw it just get up.' His life should prob been between 10-20%, so when he jumps up he refills to about 85% Do not panic.

Now he will be peaved for a few. If you do not still have those 2 sands, quickly roll and grab the nearest ones to you. Now it is just a waiting game. Roll when he jumps and roll again before he tries to whip you. If you get hit and got sands, rewind time; keep grabbing those sands while rolling to avoid him. After about 5-10 jumps he will calm down, but his attacks seem to hit for more now.

Note: ANOTHER glitch can happen here. Once at this point he used 8 tentacles instead of 4 at long range. It only happened once, but just a heads up about that.

Repeat the steps of phase 1 again, but keep in mind he will jump out of your way after taking some damage now. Just keep at it and rewind time/refill that sand if you get hit. After taking about 20% damage he will get launched to the ledge again. Since he started the ledge hang with 20ish% less life than before you should have him this time.

Edited by raptormouse