Rate the trophy difficulty...  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.16

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted 6, I've seen the trophies, completed WW like 4 or 5 times on PS2, and these are just annoying and time consuming.

Do you have the Platinum?

Just because you have seen the Trophies and played the game before I think you should at least wait until you have actually done it on PS3 before you Vote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5 (3 for hard mode,the rest for the boring additional playthroughs)

after playing through it 2 more times over the weekend i finally got plat,this game isn't hard at all just time consuming and boring,even if you speedrun through easy/normal and ignoring every fight it will take 6-7 hours to complete as this game is way too long thanks to all the backtracking...the unskippable cutscenes,level overviews or random combinations on portals (i think the game cheats here or i was just extremely unlucky,but the combinations were wrong almost every time until there was only 1 or 2 possible combinations left) don't help either

i doubt i will ever play this game again :p

I'm at the prison part on hard now, and I gave it 6.

- Checkpoints are stretched out way too far, so if you get unlucky, you get to start all over again

- Level design is wonky at times, where i end up jumping around for a couple of minutes before going on.

- Grab animations are random, sometimes you're invincible during the animation, sometimes you're not, and thus you can't make a clear strategy.

- Some enemies have extremely varied patterns, and some basic enemies has up to 3-4 combos and no consistency. since there's no clear pattern, you either have to block all the time, or just run around like crazy, doing hit-and-run attacks, making the combat extremely frantic and annoying.

Overall it's not hard at all, it's just that i'm bored out of my mind and not even finished with one playthrough yet.

It suffers from the same problem as God of war 1, it just keeps going on and on and on with no end in sight, other than that it's not bad.

edit: added some combat problems

Edited by Liad-88

give it a 3. not that hard at all, the only thing was that the dificult trophies didn't stack. also, there were no time consuming trophies in my opinion, the decapitation, throwing and dual cambo trophies, i got em all by the second tower, and undefeated got it on my first playtrough (normal). i really enjoyed this game, bring back good old memories

Just got my plat and gave it a 5.

Hard mode could give most people some trouble, Normal and Easy are just easy though. The game sort of takes a leap on Hard Mode, enemies have about 3x the HP or more than on Normal, more or less depending on what enemy it is. And of course they do a lot more damage.

It takes about 20-30 hours - give or take - to get since you have to do 3 playthroughs.

By the time you're on your third you'll be pretty fed up with the game. I hate difficulty trophies that dont stack =/

Just get the harder stuff out the way and breeze through the easy shit.

Edited by CogniVision

Okay, disclaimer time; I do not have the Platinum. However, I do have every Trophy except the Platinum, and "complete on Normal." In short, I've beaten this game twice (easy and hard), got both endings, did it without dying, got the water sword, got all health ups, got all artwork and got all the weapon trophies. In short, if the difficulty Trophies stacked, I would have earned the Platinum a few hours ago. As such, I think it is not unfair for me to put my two pence in, if only because beating the Normal run is obviously going to be easier than doing it on Hard, so will not throw my results off.

/disclaimer.

Now, my vote... 4/10. This is more annoying than hard really, though a few of the artworks are tucked away and you need to pay attention to find them all fair and square. Beating the Dakaha was a ball ache... but I did it on Hard. On Easy, he'd be a cakewalk.

In short, you can do a degree reduce difficulty by increasing the number of playthroughs you make, though you really should not need more than 3. A little tricky, but not the hardest game in the world to Platinum.

Finally got the platinum, i give it a 5, hard mode was so frustrating i almost tear my hair off, and the controls are just terrible so often would the prince run up a wall during the dahaka chase instead of against the wall... the worst part was that you couldnt put away your weapons so trying to run up or against the wall during a fight with several enemies was just so annoying.

Edited by b0shey

• 2 weeks later...

I give it a 4. Having played the game over 9000 times, just playing it twice more was exhausting (first playthrough was for the nostalgia). Considering I have completed every God of War game on Very Hard, Hard on WW was a cakewalk. Hell, it was so easy that I got the Undefeated trophy on that playthrough (died 2-3 times cause of rushing). But considering you get 3 plats in 1 package, it's understandable that Ubi would try to make things a bit harder and longer

• 2 weeks later...