This game is shit

Well, i played for 2 hours and died a lot of times already. The first boss fight was a pain, and i was playing on easy. You don't even get a chance to learn the controls and combo`s. Is this a game for the hardcore gamer? Easy is not easy, there are so many combo`s (100 i believe), and i almost die in a fight, trying my best to get true it. Checkpoints are sometimes far away, the camera is in small room shit, in a fight a nightmare. Very confusing level design and so on. Well maybe the game is not shit, on one side i do like it, but on the other i don't. Even on "easy" you have to hit your enemy many times, even with different swords. Am i the only one with trouble to get true this game, or maybe i miss something or do something wrong. How was your first run in this game? Did you have the same trouble i am having?

Edited by Straatveger

• 1 month later...

I first played this game on ps2 when I was younger, around 10. I loved this game then and I still do now. By no means at 10 was I a 'hardcore gamer' I guess you could consider me one now? Anyway, although the camera can be a little off on occasion, I never found that it caused much of a problem to my gameplay. The bosses are tough, especially on the higer difficulties and can really cause you a problem. I'm not sure what you mean by 'confusing level design' if you mean the puzzles; they're put in to cause you trouble and make you figure it out on your own. The majority of the game though shows, before you get given control, which way you ought to be going, and where you need to be. What combination of climbs, rolls,runs and jumps is all down to you however it shouldn't take huge amounts of thinking. My main advice would just to be to stick at it, take it slow and think about what you're doing, map it out in your head if you have to. Good luck!+

• 5 months later...

So far Yes! is shit and not in a good way.

my first time playing on Hard and just got the SandWraith Glitch or Sandwich Glitch or whatever that shit is called,

now i'm staring at the screen as the Sandwich character's life bar slowly draining itself.

Have to start over, i never keeps multiple saves which i will now.

GOOD JOB P.O.P.2 Testers :applause: :dance: :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't find it too hard but maybe it's because I've played this game back when it first came out on the PS2 so I already know the game. My advice in fights is be patient and study the attack patterns of the enemies, especially the boss battles. Like for Shadee, the first boss, for instance, all you have to do is block and you'll block all her attacks. Her combos always end with a double sword thrust and there will be times where she'll delay that move before using it. Always wait for her double sword thrust and once you blocked it, she's open for your attack. There's nothing hard about the game. I think the best advice I can give is to be patient before acting.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's not :D

Actualy I must admit that it aged quite well. Despite some minor sound glitches it's still quite solid game, Only thing I was literally FU*KING MAD about was the MASSIVE backtracking which made it extremely boring (especially with all 3 playthroughs)

Don't get me wrong - level design is still interesting & challenging at times, but when you come to visit the same place 3rd time in a single playthrough (!!!) you just want to SHOOT those game designers on sight.

• 1 month later...

I got my platinum trophy almost one year ago and last month I decided to play the trilogy again. Fortunately when I was playing Warrior Within no glitches happened. I have to admit: Due to the glitches Warrior within sucks. Sands of Time and Two Thrones are much better games than Warrior Within.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I didn't think the game was that hard but I didn't enjoy playing it one bit. Sands Of Time was so much better in every department. I remember playing the game muted because I was so sick of hearing that shitty Godsmack song play over and over again.

Godsmack? Hell no...! They could've implemented some black or death metal instead. Or at least folk metal with arabic tunes...

Just finished Sands of Time and gonna start on Warrior Within today. Honestly, looking forward to it. That trilogy's been sitting on my shelf for 3 years, no kidding...

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Fantastic trilogy of games, they raised the bar each time.

LOL. When I took a crap tjis morning, I raised the bar from the first game.

I hated this game when I started it. But after finishing it, I raised its grade to mediocre. This will probably fall, though, when I replay it twice more.

Good ideas, bad implementation.

• 1 year later...

The game's got it's pros & cons, but most prominent for me is the checkpoint system. How the Christing Firey Sands of Arabia does a game go from a pleasant & entirely unobtrusive means of recording progress in Sands of Time, to making you hunt down & interact with every single goddamn fountain you come across AND have NO FUCKING MAP SHOWING THEIR LOCATIONS!!! How do you so royally fuck up a basic mechanic over the course of a whopping ONE SEQUEL?!? I could harp on the shitty tutorializing of combat mechanics, the oversexualized female characters, the unceramonous acquisition of powers, the inapt combat moves list, the weapon degradation system, & more... But when I lose nearly an hour's worth of progress because the shortcut meant to make it easier to backtrack skips past the fountain I used without my knowledge, has no means of locating them on the map, aren't even that conspicuous in the environment itself, & my exploration instincts or lack of an intricate knowledge of the combat system has me re-doing shit I've already done I'm left asking WHY/HOW?!?

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...

absolute shit! no way to unlock from an enemy so you can't run in the direction you want. as such, you are also very slow. you can't even break a jar when you are standing right in front of it. not to mention the shitty, uncontrollable camera. i'm on the golum fight, and all of these things make for extremely shit gameplay.