This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Seriously, fuck this game. And no I'm not a stupid gamer who is just having a rant at fucking something up. The thing is, I've played through this hell-hole 3 times and every single time this Ubisoft sack of crap glitches :mad: I have stayed up for 2 days, and got upto the final fight 3 times!!? I walk up to the Sand Portal and push Kaileena through, then the Prince doesn't follow! ARGGGH! I actually loved this game on my 1st playthrough, I thought the combat was amazing for a game so old... Then I hit the glitch and figured, meh, was bound to happen once. I probably walked back through a Sand Portal more than once.... So I play through again, speed-run. But this time, I make a note that I have NOT gone through ANY unecessary Portals and not more than once. Yet it still glitches. So I try once more... Hard Mode going for no deaths, to try and be time efficient.....

Guess what fucking happened people!? C'mon guess? Guess Ubisoft you useless game developer, no hope for another hit bastards :think: what could possibly happen after wasting another 8 hours of my life on this piece of garbage that I had to pay for!! :mad::mad::mad: OH, THATS RIGHT! IT HAPPENS AGAIN.... man I just love this game :dance: seriously, anyone thinking of buying this I would seriously consider how bad your willing to ave plat. I'm going to go again, If I gotta stay up a whole week to plat this bitch, 300 playthroughs I'm gunna crack it and slay that whore and t-bag the Dahaka. I will update my progress after I get some sleep and play again, unless I buy an xbox :p

Edited by ASKO813DUECE

This game is a piece of fucking shit even without the glitches. The combat is downright fucking putrid. A complete joke. Prince of Persia is supposed to be a platforming game. So they shoehorn a fucking useless combat system in the game. On hard mode, the first time you fight the empress she is practically fucking impossible. I hate this game and I hate that all three games are installed in your trophy data the first time you load it up. Worst rental ever.

• 2 months later...

The same happened to me today and I looked up a fix for the problem and apparently there is none. What the fuck Ubisoft!??! If the game was so glitchy on the PS2 why the fuck can't you fix the glitches when making the new HD game. Fuck You!!

I also read that the Disc version isn't as glitchy as the PSN version, but I have the Disc version and it still happened. Fuck this game!

What if you collect all hidden life upgrades and get the water sword to get the secret ending, would that work? OR is this game just fucked like thats it cant complete the game EVER. Another thing is have you tried dying then going to the portal? you will lose the trophy but you might as well check it out since the game is already i already fucked. You can do that XMB thing if you dont want to risk losing your file just in case if theres suddently a patch or something.

Let me know if these suggestions help.

I really don't have a fix for your problem except to backup your saves for the games then delete them and start from scratch. I never had this problem. Side note other than having to play it three times I liked it and I had a harder time in the library the second time through then I did with either the Dahaka or the princess on hard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't truly hate the game like some of you, but Warrior Within is definitely the worst game out of the trilogy. It was pointlessly 'dark and edgy' when compared to the first game; had completely atrocious writing, especially for the spawning enemies that never shut up; had creepy objectification of all female characters as if it was made by a horny teenager; and as a previous posted noted, terrible and pointless combat. And, of course, bugs out the ass.

Sands of Time was such a fantastic game, with brilliant writing, a whimsical and light-hearted atmosphere, well-done characters and absolutely perfect platforming. Warrior Within is among the most disappointing sequels in gaming.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't beaten the game yet but I'm already annoyed with the terrible camera. Half the time I get knocked down or hit repeatedly because I'm trying to adjust the camera & it completely goes haywire on me.

I didn't realize this game was so glitchy. Hopefully I will be able to finish it. Definitely not my favorite Prince Of Persia game so far. The Sands Of Time is still my number one Prince Of Persia game by far.

I knew I couldn't be the only one thinking this game is a boring piece of shit. I think my favourite thing has to be when the camera automatically does a 180 while I am rolling under a trap....thanks very much. Currently stuck on the empress first time on hard, I can get her health low but the combat is fixed so she can take the piss out of you at will, add my wishes of death to the creators too thanks.

Can't say I understand what all the complaints are about. Seriously, I don't.

Having NEVER played the Sands of Time trilogy up until recently when I bought them off PSN, I followed the Roadmap's advice to the letter... which was a bad idea. Ideally, I should've played the game on Normal first (that way I'd screw up but not be so CRUELLY punished for it, I'd learn how to fight each boss without the maximum difficulty throwing my inexperience in my face and laughing about it, and I'd "enjoy" the story, platforming, and so on at my leisure). Then Hard should have followed second for the challenge, then wrap up on Easy to grab the final trophies/collectables last. But since, like the Roadmap suggested, I began on hard, my confusion and lack of experience with the game was met with severe repercussions at every failure. It turned what would have been a so-so experience into a headache.

But should Ubisoft die over that? Hell no!

I understand hating glitches. I guess I must be lucky, because I've beaten it twice without any hiccups, other than Prince's face model replacing the Sandwraith's while I was playing roughly 2/3 through the game on my second run. But no epic and unstoppable/unavoidable game-breaking glitches.

I'll agree with most who say Warrior Within is the worst of the trilogy... even though I've yet to play Two Thrones. I hate the writing, the over-sexed dominatrix "running gags" are in poor taste, and like Sands of Time I find the controls clunky and unresponsive. But at least stellar characterization and story made me part with Sands of Time with a good impression.

The game sucks, and I do feel for you guys who run into the glitches. But seriously, calm down. When you rage and scream "Ubisoft should go kill themselves" and the like, you act so childish and dark and moody that it makes the emo-Prince of Warrior Within look as light-heated and whimsical as his Sands of Time counterpart! XD

• Like 1

Quite an essay there my friend. All I have to say is more fool you for going straight to a walkthrough. If there's non stackable trophies then the logical choice for a first playthrough is normal, which is what I did, without a walkthrough I might add....I don't really see the point of getting a game to have to keep stopping every 5 minutes to read a walkthrough. I took the risk with the original (garbage) prince of persia and luckilu got all the collectables in one go. But I do feel for you having played on hard first, the empress can punish you hard and the woman in black isn't very friendly easier, fortunatly the dahaka never learned to block in prince murdering school.

I don't really wish ubisoft dead, I mean they did make the assassins creed games...but if they hadn't.....I'd hope for a biological attack on their HQ.

So I just finished my third playthrough of this game. I didn't like the combat aspect of the game and wished that there were more platforming sections. I wasn't a huge fan of all the backtracking either.

However my biggest complaint would have to be the terrible camera. It never wanted to move where I wanted it to move. Often times I would lose health or die due to the finicky camera as opposed to actual enemies hitting me.

I also didn't encounter any glitches whatsoever during my three separate playthroughs. I have the disc version so I'm not sure if that matters at all. Either way, I still prefer The Sands Of Time over Warrior Within any day of the week.

• 3 weeks later...

God help you if you make it to the first golem while playing on hard mode, and you have no sand to freeze time. More than half the time when you try to jump off his back, you are facing the 500 foot drop to your death, or he throws you off. And you're going to have to get on and off him like 10 times, at least. No skill required, just retarded luck. I might have to restart the whole fucking game because of this, and make sure I have sand going into this fight. That and from the ton of negative stuff I have read... this game could not be much worse.

• 2 months later...
This game is a piece of fucking shit even without the glitches. The combat is downright fucking putrid. A complete joke. Prince of Persia is supposed to be a platforming game. So they shoehorn a fucking useless combat system in the game. On hard mode, the first time you fight the empress she is practically fucking impossible. I hate this game and I hate that all three games are installed in your trophy data the first time you load it up. Worst rental ever.

Yeah, no kidding. I wasn't enthralled with Sands of Time, but this game is just a real sack of crap. How did this series do so well?

I'm beginning to believe that Ubisoft just lucked into Assassin's Creed.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 3 weeks later...

I currently finished my hard playthrough. About 2/3rd of my easy no dying playthrough. So far i really havent encountered any glitches so far except that throwing enemies half the time they phase through walls sometimes which is hilarious. As far as i can tell ive played glitchier games(*cough*sonic 06*cough*).

edit:just had the last portal glitch on me and i dont have any earlier saves. Hope my normal mode speed playthrough doesnt glitch on me. And after that ill try my easy mode no dying run again.

Edited by jgm4789

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I started my second run yesterday, made it to the the second black thong woman fight this evening, and I'm regretting playing this monstrously lousy game again.

My first play was going quite well some months back when I decided to backtrack and try to find some artwork chests. Bad idea. I ended up stuck in an area that had no exit. It was an area from earlier in the game where I believe the Dahaka causes you to escape the room. Without that scripted event, I was forever stuck going in circles. And I was about two thirds or more into the game. That'll teach me to only have one save.

Now, on my second run, saving in three slots, I've had the game freeze on me during loading screens about five times, three of which have resulted in a hard reboot of my system and a file system check (thankfully, no permanent damage.) But I had to delete the game data each time and wait fifteen minutes for it to reinstall.

Aside from that, it's just a poorly planned game. Horrid camera and irritating save points. I finished the thong woman fight, unlocked the secret health area and then died because I used my sand tanks during the boss fight, which also left me with little health. Lovely. Now I have to fight that stupid thing woman again. No thanks. Maybe another night.

My only consolation is that, after I complete this wreck, I can play The Two Thrones, which I recall was a hell of a lot better.

• 1 month later...

Seriously fuck this shitty game in the ass. Fuck the developers/programmers who made it. Their wives and children. This game is an abomination.

The camera is awful and the controls do whatever the hell they want and not what you tell them to. This may have been okay if the checkpoint system was fair, but you often have to fight your way through 10-15 enemies to get to a boss fight and then if you die it's all the way back. Since a lot of my deaths come down to the camera this is making for one of the most frustrating games I have ever had the displeasure of playing. I'm only a 1/4 of the way through my hard playthrough and I really want to hit something.

The thought of playing this whole game 3 times!!!! No doubt Two Thrones won't be much better.

Well, the game has a nice story and some new fighting styles that I really liked. But, the glitches, OMG, the glitches transform a game which would entertain in a frustrating game. Also, the game has some strange/non sense parts, where we can't do what we want, which means we must do what the game wants exactly when it wants. A good example for that is the life upgrades glitch, I had to play 1 hour again just to finish the game because there were no solutions due to the glitch.

Sands of Time was much better, I'll start playing Two Thrones, I hope it's a good game.

The controls are the only thing annoying me. When moving round poles is the worst, and combat. Camera angles changing are annoying too. I don't remember it being this bad on PS2? But is that because we're used to a higher quality than we were then?

I think you may have hit the nail on the head here. Gaming has improved considerably and AC2 and it's sequels are far better games than the PoP titles in this collection.

I'm worried that whatever game takes on the mantle of AC and PoP on the next generation of consoles will then show up the failings that there were on PS3 and XBox 360.

I played forgotten sands and the the other PRice of Persia games and I loved them. The Sands of Time was OK, definitely shorter and not so repetative, but this game.... So I'm about to activate the second tower to fight the empress for the first time. I'm on my second playthorugh (medium and going for undefeated) and this game is already driving me nuts from a repetative standpoint. I still have about 2/3 of this run left plus a whole run on hard left to do for platinum. How did you platinum achievers do this? I want to climb on my roof and jump off!!!