Beating Kaileena - Final Fight

I struggled the first few times trying to beat her on hard, I found the video below and beat her to first time using the tactics. You need the yellow sword and to hammer her with it.

Also I found the best way to avoid the tornado attacks she unleaches is to roll in one direction and when a tornado comes close start rolling away at a right angle. Going around in circles I kept getting killed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rks2YtD8P68]‪(HARD LEVEL) Fastest way to kill empress second time POP2 Warrior Within‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Hope this is of use to those struggling.

There is easier way (and you don't need secondary weapon). Just vault over her and smash (:cross::square::square:), let her do the combo (always the same), and when her animation is finished - repeat. If by any chance you roll to her instead of jumping over, you probably jumped too early or too far away from her. If she slows down the time, rewind a little bit to cancel the effect. I killed her with that method, took minimal damage and finished with 6 sand tanks. Boring but effective.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually did a really slow but effective method for beating her on hard.

I immediately move backwards and fall off the ledge (she won't hit you when your grappling to it). Move a good ways away from her and then jump up and run toward her to attack and get a 3 hit combo off. If she slows down time... then immediately fall off the ledge and grapple till her time slow down is over.

Doing this takes a long time but at least it works to kill her on hard mode. I didn't have the light sword so dishing out damage to her was horrible.

Hope this maybe helps someone because I had a hell of a time trying to beat her until I discovered this method.

• 1 month later...
There is easier way (and you don't need secondary weapon). Just vault over her and smash (:cross::square::square:), let her do the combo (always the same), and when her animation is finished - repeat. If by any chance you roll to her instead of jumping over, you probably jumped too early or too far away from her. If she slows down the time, rewind a little bit to cancel the effect. I killed her with that method, took minimal damage and finished with 6 sand tanks. Boring but effective.

This is a good tip, when you get her into the cycle, all she ever does is the same combo again and again. One additional tip is to always fight near the edge, and if she slows time or starts teleporting, you can just hang off the edge and she won't be able to hurt you.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, this is really simple, cant believe I didnt think of this myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this was pretty much the same tactic I used. Pretty effective and I used the strategy to beat her on Hard.

• 4 weeks later...
Im finding it hard now on easy, dont know if its the pressure of trying not to die as I should have the no deaths trophy but my only problem is the tornados they keep getting me I suck at dodging them.

Try to run around the area and dodge in a circular pattern. I found that when I did that I had an easier time dodging the tornadoes, especially once all three were swirling about.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I used the vaulting method and beat her handily on only my third attempt! Best advice ever, thanks!

If she slows down the time, rewind a little bit to cancel the effect. I killed her with that method, took minimal damage and finished with 6 sand tanks. Boring but effective.

I don't really understand how this could work. When I fought her, she would slow down time at least once, and sometimes twice, after literally every successful vault & attack I landed. You can deal with it easily enough by dropping off the side, it just takes a lot of time.

What are people doing to get her to use that attack at most a small handful of times through the entire fight, that they can afford to use a sand tank every time? How are you finishing with 6 sand tanks if you're regularly rewinding time?

What are people doing to get her to use that attack at most a small handful of times through the entire fight, that they can afford to use a sand tank every time? How are you finishing with 6 sand tanks if you're regularly rewinding time?[/quote

I did not have the luxury of finishing with all 6 tanks. Also, I never rewound time, only slowed when she did to cancel hers and get some good hits on her. I just tried to get her into the loop of performing her combo as soon as possible following her tornados and collected the sand power ups to keep at least 4-5 in my inventory. She only got slow time crazy during her last quarter health, in which I used 4 tanks to finally beat her into submission. I hope that helps.

Edited by NOIR1013

• 1 month later...

Yeah after looking at strategies and videos online I ended up doing this. Same strategy as the first time you fight her, and in the end I got hit once in the whole battle in the last quarter because I delayed too much in attacking her. Something deceptively easy, given the complete horror show of the rest of the game.

It is almost impossible if you do not do the :cross: :square: :square: combo. :|

That was the thing though, every other strategy I looked at online was "slow time, attack, then dodge, then when she slows time hang down off the edge of the platform" and I just got absolutely nowhere. Starting this she attacks, then does three teleports, then you can do the jump and slash. She'll go through her combo, then when it's done you go again. That was it, same as the first time you fight her. I was genuinely surprised at how easy it ultimately was.