Tips on the dreaded Sand Snake trophy

This trophy as many have discovered can be a big pain because you cannot die. This includes health dropping to 0 (obviously), crashing the chariot or plant golem into a wall, or falling too far either onto the ground or into thin air.

I recommend completing the game on normal then hard and getting very good with platforming and not making any mistakes and learning the level layouts well because you just can't afford to screw up. Try to get Sand Snake on easy difficulty but don't rush it and platform with care. The easiest way to screw this trophy up is too make a bad jump and rewind it too late thinking you're ok when Prince is actually already dead in the air with a full health bar. If you hear him scream or see the falling animation change it is too late.

There are some areas where the save points are far apart so you have to be patient. The 2nd chariot race/twin fight might give some people problems.

1.Save at every opportunity with multiple slots

2. Avoid the temptation to hit retry and always quit and reload

3. Rewind if you take a big hit to health and keep it >50% always if possible

4. If you miss a crucial jump or make a mistake rewind IMMEDIATELY to a safe spot before

5. If there is any doubt whether you rewound fast enough don't risk it and reload

6. Just play a near perfect game and you got this...shouldn't have to reload more than 3-5 times

7. On the chariot race/golem ride hit rewind before you hit the wall if you know it's coming

8. The point is to rewind before you die once a mistake is made instead of rewinding after the fact

I realize this is repeating a lot of what Cheattaro's good guide says I just wanted to stress a few points because this trophy was being so fickle to me.

All it takes is one slip up without noticing and it's redo city. Good luck amigos! :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record the worst part for me was the garden/golem ride area. 80% of my reloads came from that part alone...that golem handles like crap and the turns are way too tight and unforgiving and then you have to redo the whole zone if you screw up. I hate it! I feel your pain if you;re stuck there.

As far as I understand it (and I could be wrong) it is different from Warrior Within. I am positive you cannot retry. As I said above above anything that can cause a death counts as a death even if you rewind (unless you rewind fast enough before you hear the falling scream). If your life bar touches 0 for a millisecond and you rewind you still technically died.

If someone has gotten this trophy and has veriably died and rewound let me know but this is my understanding of it because I went one playthrough never Retrying always quiiting and reloading and did rewind after deaths and did not get the trophy. My second time I was uber careful and never died or had a missed jump and got it. It is a pain admittedly.

This is easily the worst trophy of any of the 5 Prince of Persia games. I just beat the game on easy (My second playthrough after hard mode) after spending 2 days going through the levels slowly, without dying and didn't get the trophy. There must have been one point that i rewound just too late and that fu*ked the whole game up for me :( I hope Ubisoft will patch this at some point but i'm not holding my breath. So i guess its time to start my (hopefully) last playthrough on normal and spend another 2 days trying my very best not to die :/ Fun...

Just got this trophy on my first try. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding it but it's really quite straight-forward. Follow these two simple rules:

1. If you die you can't rewind. Pause, quit and reload your game. Keep an eye on your health gauge emptying and listen out for a scream to confirm death.

2. If you are too slow to pause the game (happened to me once) quit the game via the PS3 XMB and reload.

i just got this first try and ill drop some of the information that i can give from my playthrough. everytime i heard a scream i XMB quit. it didnt matter which of my 2 saves i loaded after that. and at one point i ran into the wall with the golem but as soon as i touched it i did rewind so guess theres a tiny window there. other than that i just went about going through the game as normal.

i just got this first try and ill drop some of the information that i can give from my playthrough. everytime i heard a scream i XMB quit. it didnt matter which of my 2 saves i loaded after that. and at one point i ran into the wall with the golem but as soon as i touched it i did rewind so guess theres a tiny window there. other than that i just went about going through the game as normal.

So you didn't bother at all with rewinding time at all if you were killed?

I'm just trying to figure out at what specific point the game saves your "death" to the file and you are screwed. From what you are saying, it sounds like the save is occurring at some point between the "scream" and the retry/quit screen.

So you didn't bother at all with rewinding time at all if you were killed?

I'm just trying to figure out at what specific point the game saves your "death" to the file and you are screwed. From what you are saying, it sounds like the save is occurring at some point between the "scream" and the retry/quit screen.

On my run the Prince screamed alot but I made sure to rewind before his health got to zero. If I died without sand I'd pause and quit. If it wouldn't let me pause I would xmb quit.

Is it "okay" to drop of platforms here, and fall and land on same platform you fell of?!

You cant rewind time here, so if it counts as a death ubisoft are way to mean to get this damn sand snake trophy.

Update: Just beat the golem in the garden and the second chariot race without dying.

I save two saves at each fountain, exit and copy save to memory stick. If i hear a death scream or lose all health i exit to xmb, delete the save and copy the safe one back from the memory stick. Havent even seen the continue screen a single time. So hopefully i will get the sand snake trophy now. Wish me luck.

Edited by Snuttanuttan

Is it "okay" to drop of platforms here, and fall and land on same platform you fell of?!

You cant rewind time here, so if it counts as a death ubisoft are way to mean to get this damn sand snake trophy.

Update: Just beat the golem in the garden and the second chariot race without dying.

I save two saves at each fountain, exit and copy save to memory stick. If i hear a death scream or lose all health i exit to xmb, delete the save and copy the safe one back from the memory stick. Havent even seen the continue screen a single time. So hopefully i will get the sand snake trophy now. Wish me luck.

Yes, mental realm is OK. Also, you're over-protecting yourself as I've gotten as far as the continue screen before XMB quitting and I still got the trophy. It is true that the game remembers that you died, but it doesn't save the death to the file when it happens, it will only save it at the next save (well, maybe it will save is you do choose one of the options, but not if you XMB quit). So the way I played it was XMB quit and restart the game every time I was unsure of whether I rewound in time or not, and got the trophy. The events after which I'd quit are: health dropping to zero, prince screaming.

Good luck!

Edited by dmapr

My buddy TimeWalker-Ben didnt get sandsnake trophy... so he maybe did something wrong and in this case he should use usb memory stick.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Sure, but in this particular case I think this approach means “play the game without having to rewind”. If you rewind too late and don't know it, then you don't know what the last “good” save is and can very easily copy the compromised playthrough on the usb stick. For example, I noticed that if I fall while slow-time is engaged I don't hear prince scream, so if that happened to me I XMB quit as well.

One other thing I did to check was the timestamp on the game save file — it never changed after I died, went to continue screen and then XMB quit.

But yes, if it makes someone feel safer, by all means use USB backup.

Starting a new game for this trophy. Is it ok to overwright an old save file, or should I creat a new one? Or does it not influence the trophy?

I does not matter — I overwrote the previous file and got the trophy on my second playthrough (first was on hard, second on normal). Basically I played as if the rewind was not available to undo death (rewound a few times but not when there was a danger of dying) and that in conjunction with xmb quitting when I messed up was enough to get me the trophy.

But I took no chance, and got rid of the "infected" game file every time I screwed it up and copied it back from usb, and when I got through successfully, I'd XMB quit again and copied.

And when dying, no death screams, no health drop to zero, not get squished by the golem, if you get thrown off and lie on ground, it count as a death.