Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones ~ Road Map & Trophy Guide

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones RoadMap

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10

-Approximate amount of time to (P): 15-20 hr

-Offline: 18 (1(B), 8(S), 8(G), 1(P))

-Online: 0

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3

-Number of missable trophies: 9 "(G) Healthy","(G) Sand Snake","(G) Time Adept","(G) Sand Might","(G) Sealed Portals","(S) Dark Warrior","(S)Dual Wielder","(S) Silent Prince" and "(S) Berserker"

-Glitched trophies: None - (G) Sand Snake can be tricky, though.

-Does difficulty affect trophies? Yes

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? Read below

Introduction:

Back from the isle of time, our prince has to fight once more against sand creatures, rescue his "love" from a bad guy and save the world again. This is an easy but great game (who doesn't like PoP). Trophies are pretty much straight forward and missable ones are really hard to miss. Downsides are difficulties trophies don't stack and very little farming is involved.

Cheats: Cheats will be unlocked once you finish your 1st playthrough and the game itself will reveal them. There are 2 kind of cheats: Weapons and Sand Tanks refill. Weapons cheats shouldn't block trophies. I suggest that you avoid using sand tank filling cheat as it might block trophies.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Hard Playthrough

-On this playthrough you want to get the missable trophy "Healthy" out of the way (you'll need the life boosts anyway). Don't bother trying to get "Sand Snake", you'll have to play on normal and easy anyway so there is no need to make your life miserable for nothing. Get "Silent Prince" too; killing enemies with stealth kills will make things easier. Make sure to save at the end of the game and keep the save file for the 3rd step. Thanks to Clintan for reminding me about the save file

Step 2: Normal and Easy playthroughs

-On this step you want to try and get "Sand Snake": be aware it might be a little glitchy: You can rewind time to save yourself from dying but if you do it once the prince has already died, it will still count. If you don't have any more sand left, simply pause and quit the game before you die. In this playthrough you want to get all Sand Gate related trophies. You can also get "Dual Wielder", use any combination of :triangle: to kill enemies - please note that towards last part of the game you'll be given a sword that can kill any enemy with a single swing and that sword is a secondary weapon.

Step 3: Sand Credits Farm

-This step is required for the "Sand Collector" trophy and it should be done on the hard save file. Without spoiling anything, once you finish the game you'll be asked if you want to save, do so and once back on the main menu reload and play the last part of the game. This will add 700 credits per run; keep doing it till you hit 10,000 credits.

Step 4: Clean Up

-There is really no need for this step, but if you missed any of the missable trophies.. go back and get them :p

Edited by Cheattaro

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide

Platinum Trophy

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/01.jpgTwo Thrones (P)

Obtain all other trophies

As always, here's your final reward. Congratulations >^.^<

Story Related Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/12.jpgMountain Climber (S)-(H)

Kill the Giant

Story related. Cannot be missed.

[spoiler=MC]Once you reach The Arena, you'll have to fight this Giant creature. At the beginning of the fight you won't be able to hit it directly, you'll need to blind it first. To do so you'll have to complete 2 small climbing sections around the arena. Once on top, your screen will flash, press :triangle: to start a small Quick Time Button sequence. Once both sequences are completed, it will be blind and you'll finally be able to hit its legs. When its life bar is almost empty, it'll stand on a single leg. Quickly slash the other leg to prompt the final Quick Time Button sequence. The trophy will unlock soon after the boss is defeated.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/06.jpgHorse Racing (G)

Complete the horse cart sequences

[spoiler=HR]There are 2 cart sequences, they are both very easy. During them you'll be attacked by enemies on carts and on foot. Push enemy carts against walls to make them crash. Enemies on foot will jump on your cart. Simply stab them with :square: to get rid of them. The trophy will unlock soon after the second cart sequence.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/13.jpgDouble Trouble (S)-(H)

Kill the two Bosses

[spoiler=DT]Right after the second cart sequence (read above), you'll have to fight 2 bosses at once. As soon as the fight starts, focus on the one wielding a great sword. He'll parry your hits but this will make the second boss start a slow motion attack sequence. Simply dodge left or right to avoid his attack. His weapon will get stuck on the ground allowing you to hit him while in that state. As you do, watch out for the other boss as he'll still be free to attack you. Once his life bar hits the middle, your screen will flash, allowing you to start a Quick Time Button sequence that will halve the other boss's life bar, making them equal. Now repeat this tactic once more till another Quick Time Button sequence is prompted which will end the fight. The trophy will unlock soon after the boss fight.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/14.jpgRevenge (S)-(H)

Kill the Vizier

[spoiler=RE]Kill the Vizier... again... This is your final boss battle. Strangely, this fight is pretty easy compared to others. Start by hitting the Vizier with both your main and off-hand weapon using small combos like :square::triangle::triangle:. After 2-3 combos he'll take off and throw debris at you, simply dodge them, wait for him to land and repeat this tactic till the 2nd part of the fight occurs. In this part you'll have debris on the ground moving in concentric circles at different speeds. The Vizier will stand close to a column waiting for you. Reach the column avoiding the debris, use :r1: to climb it and your screen will flash. Start the Quick time sequence and you'll further lower his life bar. You'll have to repeat this process 2 more times. This time the Vizier will be quicker and will switch columns after a small amount of time. Use the slow motion power to make things easier (single tap :l1:). Once this part of the fight is over you'll start the 3rd and last part which is merely a climbing section. The Vizier will throw a projectile at you from time to time but it barely scratches your life bar. Once on top, start and complete your last Quick Time Button sequence to end the battle. The trophy will unlock right after the fight.

Combat Related Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/05.jpgSilent Prince (S)

Kill 50 enemies with a Speed Kill

- Missable - Speed Kills occur when you get close to a clueless enemy from behind. Your screen will flash and pressing :triangle: will start a small Quick Time Button sequence. When it ends the enemy will be dead. In this game there are more Speed Kills opportunities than normal fights, so be patient and wait for an enemy to turn its back to you and dig its own grave.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/11.jpgDual Wielder (S)

Kill 100 enemies using a secondary weapon

- Missable - Secondary weapons can be found on enemy corpses or on weapon racks.

Kill the enemy with your secondary weapon using :triangle: combos. For some reason, :triangle:X3 on this game deals very little damage. A very effective way that will kill enemies in 1-3 hits is to climb a nearby wall using :r1: and pressing :triangle:, doing so the prince will leap down striking with his secondary weapon. Also notice that towards the end of the game you'll get a sword that kills every enemy with a single swing and you'll still get to fight plenty of enemies before the game actually ends.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/16.jpgDark Warrior (S)

Kill 100 enemies as the Dark Prince

- Missable - Simply do as it says, kill 100 enemies as the Dark Prince. Once again don't use :square:X3 or :triangle:X3. A very good area attack is :square::triangle::triangle::triangle:.

Difficulty Related Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/02.jpgMortal (B)

Complete the game on Easy

Simply do as it says, complete the game on Easy difficulty. The trophy will unlock right after the last section of the game.

Note: Difficulty trophies don't stack.

See Shadow Warrior for a speed run guide.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/03.jpgAssassin (S)

Complete the game on Normal

Simply do as it says, complete the game on Normal difficulty. The trophy will unlock right after the last section of the game.

Note: Difficulty trophies don't stack.

See Shadow Warrior for a speed run guide.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/04.jpgShadow Warrior (G)

Complete the game on Hard

Simply do as it says, complete the game on Hard difficulty. The trophy will unlock right after the last section of the game.

Note: difficulty trophies don't stack.

Speed run guide: LINK (credit to PureRuby for this guide)

Edited by Terminator
Moved the Platinum to its proper place.

Miscellaneous Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/07.jpgTime Adept (G)

Obtain all 6 Sand Tanks

- Missable - See "Sealed Portals" for more details.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/10.jpgSand Might (G)

Obtain all Sand Powers

- Missable - See "Sealed Portals" for more details.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/08.jpgSealed Portals (G)

Seal all the Sand Portals

- Missable - As you proceed through the story you'll see these portals surrounded by enemies. You can seal it in 2 ways: the stealth way and the brute force way. Every portal has guardians around it so you won't be able to close it till all guardians are dead. As stated above, you can deal with them with stealth kills or brute force: guardians positions are specially placed for you to be able to kill them all without starting a single fight. This will let you close the gate faster and with little effort. You can always soothe your blood thirst by fighting till the very last guardian but you'll have to fight more than what you see, because the main gate guardian will call for reinforcements, which will spawn one after another from the gate itself. Note: These portals can be skipped but it's really hard to do as you would need to totally ignore all the guards chasing you or even clean the portal and ignore it afterwards.

This trophy is related to Sand Might and Time Adept. As you close the gates you'll earn both Sand Tanks and Sand Powers. This trophy will unlock right after you sealed the last gate along with Sand Might.

See this video for a full location guide:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SmjkondNkM]Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones Portals Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to PureRuby! for this video.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/15.jpgBerserker (S)-(H)

Destroy 200 objects

- Missable - Destroy objects by hitting them with your dagger or your off-hand weapon. This will also earn you some sand credits and replenish your health as the Dark Prince.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/09.jpgHealthy (G)

Get all life upgrades

- Missable - As in every PoP game, there are life upgrades. Strangely enough in this game there are only 6 in total. These fountains are hidden at the end of hidden paths. Drinking from those fountains will start a very easy challenge that requires you to avoid some traps and reach the end. Once out, you'll get rewarded with a little additional life segment. The trophy will pop once you get the last segment.

Here's a video that will help:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_7LEKFqeSs]Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones Healthy (Health Upgrade Locations) - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to PureRuby! for this video.

Edited by Terminator
Removed a dead video and its' associated text.

Miscellaneous Trophies Second Part

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/18.jpgSand Snake (G)

Complete the game in any difficulty without dying

- Missable - This trophy can be a little tricky, as your character "must" not die. More precisely, you can rewind to save yourself but you have to avoid seeing the continue screen. Some people have been having problems with this trophy, so let me be more clear: You can't die, you have to avoid making the game know that you died. Press :start: and exit before dying and if you see the continue screen, your playthrough is compromised and you have to start all over. You "simply" can't die in any way or form. Save often and reload when you are not sure. Attempt this trophy during normal or easy playthroughs.

Note: In my personal experience, during normal playthrough, my character randomly screamed in pain as if he was dying. I can remember pretty clearly that I didn't die at all during that playthrough but the trophy didn't pop for me. So I would suggest you to simply avoid dying (during a fight, or falling from high places), as a slower but safer playthrough is always faster then an additional one.

Note 2: according to Crazyjava you can force-quit the game via XMB and relaunch the game and your save, this way the trophy Sand Snake won't be locked. This will prevent the game from autosaving your death.

Personally I can't confirm if this works or not, so it is always safer to avoid seeing the screen.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/815/17.jpgSand Collector (G)

Collect 10 000 Sand Credits

This is the very last trophy you'll get (along with the platinum). You should start farming credits once you finish your last playthrough as they accumulate during all your playtime. Sand credits are found inside objects, inside little golden chests scattered around and once you kill enemies and bosses.

Here's a more effective way:

[spoiler=cps5]After beating the Vizier, there will be a section called "Mind Realm" where you have to complete one last climbing part. Once this ends the game will ask if you want to save. Do so and once back on the main menu, reload your save and complete this last section again. Every time you do, you'll be awarded with 700 credits on hard. Repeat as many times as needed.

Edited by Terminator
Moved the Platinum to its proper place.

damn this i have to complete the game two more times now i just noticed that difficoulty trophies dont stack and im so pissed :/

well then hard out of the way now normal and easy ehh...

btw i wonder if warior within hase the same shit as this

I have heard they are the same, I will find out when I have finished my hard playthrough.

BTW how come you two have play this first instead of Warrior Within?

Heres a more effective way:

[spoiler=cps5]After beating the Vizier, there will be a section called "Mind realm" where you have to complete one last climbing part. Once this ends the game will ask if you want to save. Do so and once back on the main menu, reload your save and complete this last section again. Every time you do, you'll be awarded with 700 credits. Repeat as many times as needed.

This has to be done on hard.

On easy you only get 300 sand credits, not sure about medium though.

They are as you go through every single sand portal during your story, some even start Cutscenes. Just to make sure i'll play PoP once more and check if you can skip them but i seriously doubt it.

Edit: Just tried and you can force-skip them and by Force-skip i mean make a huge train of every single monster behind you as you jump around and skip it. So yes that makes it a missable trophy and i'll edit my guide right away. Thanks for making me notice that

Edited by Cheattaro

They are as you go through every single sand portal during your story, some even start Cutscenes. Just to make sure i'll play PoP once more and check if you can skip them but i seriously doubt it.

Edit: Just tried and you can force-skip them and by Force-skip i mean make a huge train of every single monster behind you as you jump around and skip it. So yes that makes it a missable trophy and i'll edit my guide right away. Thanks for making me notice that

Wish I'd noticed lol. I must have been extra silly to miss that one :D I will hopefully get it on my Normal playthrough. So is it harder to not get the trophies? I'm a fool :)

I got it on my easy run too, as i had to check what counted as death and what not. So to be precise, once your bar reaches the zero in a fight that counts as death. Falling from high places and your bar starts going down, that counts as death. Even randomly hearing your character screaming as if he was dying, that counts as death aswell. Simply reload your game from your previous checkpoint and be sure to never save when one of these things occurs. You can rewind time to gain some health back, but you can't use it to stop you from dying as it alrdy counts as death

I got it on my easy run too, as i had to check what counted as death and what not. So to be precise, once your bar reaches the zero in a fight that counts as death. Falling from high places and your bar starts going down, that counts as death. Even randomly hearing your character screaming as if he was dying, that counts as death aswell. Simply reload your game from your previous checkpoint and be sure to never save when one of these things occurs. You can rewind time to gain some health back, but you can't use it to stop you from dying as it alrdy counts as death

I'm going for it now so hopefully I can unlock it then I can get Sand Collector.

I swear the only time I ever die is when I get screwed over by shutter boards throwing me to the wrong position. Any tips on using them. I'm up to The Lower Tower though and believe I haven't died and if I was unsure I reset. The Lower Tower has got shutter boards at the end and they just keep throwing me to the wrong place. So annoying.

It didn't unlock Sand Snake again and I didn't die at all. 100% certain. I quit and restarted from last save point every time the Prince fell off a ledge or got killed. I didn't use sand powers at all and I listened constantly for screams like the prince dying throughout the entire game. I don't think I'll play it through a 4th time as it's really boring me now. Any idea what else I can do to unlock it.

even if he screams cause u miss jumped to a certain death probably counts.

I never used sand powers to make sure I didn't mess up and it still didn't unlock :( Did it unlock for you then already and what screen did it unlock on? I think I'll leave it till the new year and play it again and it may not annoy me as much then. I don't want to play through again and then not get it yet again. I didn't use recall power ever in the playthrough specifically to make sure when I died or would have died I knew about it and could restart from last save. It's annoying as I know I did what was needed for trophy. :(