Blank screen anyone ?

I have the disc vers of the trilogy. After my first playthrough on hard i'm working on my second walkthrough on medium trying not to die. I've been double saving at every fountain.

I've gotten upto the temple and at the same spot every time my screen goes black until i'm dead and the retry/quit menu comes up. on both of my recent saves it does the same thing.

I had no problems with glitches etc on my first playthrough and this is pi$$ing me off.

Anyone else experienced this issue ?

hoping that going back to an earlier save rather than restarting all over again will work.

Just a follow up for anyone having the same issue. after over a dozen tries last night and several more this morning I abandoned that saved file and loaded an even earlier one and that file managed to get me through without blanking out.

Hopefully I don't encounter this again, tho coming up to the twins fight now I'm not feeling optimistic.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I get a lot of blank screens and crashes in this game. There are three points this happens:

1) After the Ubisoft logo at the start

2) After I load my save (this happens a lot)

3) When I quit the game back to XMB

Exactly the same as me!

I'm nearly finished my Normal playthrough (Hard done) so it will then be my Easy one without dying but it is so glitchy!

• 2 weeks later...

When I ran the game for the 1st time, the screen was completely black. Had to restart my ps3.

Edit: It happened again 3 times in a roll. :rolleyes: To get past this, I had to press :triangle: and run select 'Start' to run run the game from there. When the game screen begins to start showing I was spamming the :start: and :cross: buttons to skip to the main menu of the game screen before the screen turns black to the point where you have to restart the whole ps3.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

• 2 weeks later...

I also got the black screen on my 1st play. Just after reaching the marketplace, you have to go down between two columns/pillars. When you are sliding down, the L2 icon to be able to see the surroundings appears, I pressed it and I saw enemies but I still couldn't try to kill them. Then when I did turn around, black screen. It happened to me several times, when I was about to give up, I then didn't press the L2 and I managed to continue the game. I always thought that happened because maybe a big cutscene wanted to load but nothing.

• 2 months later...
I get a lot of blank screens and crashes in this game. There are three points this happens:

1) After the Ubisoft logo at the start

2) After I load my save (this happens a lot)

3) When I quit the game back to XMB

yeah, this happens to me as well, but not too much... still, it should not.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

This pos of a game keeps giving me blank screen after loading savegames, I kept alternating between two savegames while doing the normal playthrough and now both savegames don't want to load, not only this requires three runs but I'll have to do almost one more because of this, I think I'm gonna get :sick:

PS. To anyone having the same issue, just hope you have a working savegame, even from another playthrough, and after loading that savegame also the ones giving you a blank screen will start working again, at least it worked like that for me.

Edited by Brightblade