This games camera is awful

I haven't played a prince of persia game before, well atleast not properly. But this game's camera angles are terrible. It is always flying in different directions all the time, so you can't see were your going and when you centre the camera you have to move it about again and do the same thing. Its frustrating as hell. I was meant to do a certain section were I had to wallrun and jump onto a stick, log, whatever it is called. Basically a thin thing sticking out of the wall. My camera was centered forward, I speedran to it and then jumped but the camera automatically shifted to the right and I died. It does that every time, even if I hold the right analogue stick to the left while doing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The camera wasn't as bad in this game as it was in Warrior Within I found, but then that game was frustrating as hell anyway. You have to remember when playing HD remakes that the games are outdated and we're used to playing much smoother running games with smoother mechanics these days. We have got it good.

• 3 months later...

I'd agree with you that for the platforming segments, this is the best of the trilogy for camera angles... but for boss fights?

Fuck me, it's horrible. In the Axe and Sword twins, it's spinning everywhere - trying to roll away has you going into fire you can't see, or the other boss, it's just damn annoying. Heck - I think 80% of the challenge of hardmode boss fights is entirely due to the bad camera.

• 10 years later...

is the camera worse than the one in WW? if an enemy appeared you had to guess where you were running because the camera always faced them. i remember running backwards from the golem because i didn't want to waste my time fighting him. not to mention fighting the camera when going though trap corridors. the camera in that one was horrible...

[EDIT]: wow... the camera is actually WAY worse than the one in WW. half the time, well, 75% of the time, that's what gets me killed. i can't even see the QTE knife flashes. not to mention the fact that you have no idea where you are a lot of time so you end up jumping off of a wall or something. the combat in this game SUCKS!!!

Edited by shathe